Royal Equestrian Forces, I call for thee.

Volt

Since the moment I've decided my second OC to be a Destrier, I've been wondering what would it be like to confront him with Guards, for example. Even though, as I understand, those two organizations aren't hostile to each other, in worst case it's more about rivalry, I'd find it interesting in perhaps evoking a little disagreement between those. Naturally, I'm not talking here of throwing names and stuff at each other, but I am sure that if my zealous OC met a quite stubborn guard, it could result in interesting twists.

So, show yourself. I'd be glad to hear some responds.

*Nods* *Nods once more*

Excellent, excellent.

Naturally, I wouldn't mind additional participants too.

I wasn't thinking about plot yet that much to be honest, but I am more than sure that it would take place in Canterlot. Solely because of fact that that's the first place one would expect to find guards.

Moreover, my OC's wearing armor himself, but it differs a lot from guard ones. I don't deny that it could be igniting point, as he values it above all else. But that's just one of suggestions.

We'd still have to work the plot out, though.

Canterlot is good for Radiant. I'd have to stretch to get her to be any place else. :)

As for plot, I guess a lot of that depends on who if anyone else is interested. Radiant could believably swoop in and confront a pony for any number of things, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with something.

Well then, let's just put our patience onto test and wait to see if others will leave a comment here as well.

It's not like idea's going to escape anywhere ;D

• Like 1

Depending on how the site-canon handles the Wonderbolts (It's been implied they're basically a part of the airforce at some points) I wouldn't mind sending Lightning Streak out to defend the skies if your villian's a Pegasus (would certainly be interesting since it would boil down to strength vs speed/agility...)

:/ 'tis is going better than I've expected. Gives, including me, 5 interested already.

Depending on how the site-canon handles the Wonderbolts (It's been implied they're basically a part of the airforce at some points) I wouldn't mind sending Lightning Streak out to defend the skies if your villian's a Pegasus (would certainly be interesting since it would boil down to strength vs speed/agility...)

To be honest, I was willing to follow the CURRENT Destrier description. I've heard that there's a change intended to be done in them, so I had some additional problems applying this OC. I had to make him fit into current and future brotherhood at once. But I managed to achieve that, I believe.

As for current description, it is said that REA rather does not share warm feelings towards them. Sure, citizenry of Canterlot might not bother with them, as they're somewhat similar, but that doesn't stand for REA at all. So I was rather planning an open confrontation of their rights, responsibilities, virtues and stuff. Lightning might have his place in RP I assume, although it's strict REA which I'm interested in most, not going to lie.

well I got Strife, but I doubt she'd fit into this particular scene.

Basically, she is a guard. Reading her app, she'd probably have a bit more friendly approach towards Ardent than Radiant Steel and Reveille, if we're taking Destriers history into consideration. I'm searching for REA forces generally, so she'd fit. How she'd act and RP, well, it's not up to me anymore. After all I have no idea who I'd met.

Edit: Maybe except the part of "Ponies behaving differently due to their guard status". I cannot believe Ardent wouldn't behave different concerning his approach to the virtues he's following xD

A guard? I think it'd be interesting if a Destrier butted heads with a Drill Instructor :P

Reveille's also in Canterlot if you're interested.

That's a must. I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling he'd have some interesting things to say towards Ardent.

Considering the plot, as we see there'd be majority of guards in RP. Now there, I'm sure that following the current, rather infamous, Destrier reputation amongst them, I shouldn't be the one looking for them at all, unless I've met them by accident. I do believe I could find a simple reason for Ardent to visit Canterlot, so this part is not a problem. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking of this yet entirely, as I wasn't expecting REA to gather up so quick, during my sleep .-. Seems Equestria recruits only the best and most alert.

But I do believe it would be good for you to get familiar with Destriers in lore archive, if you're not yet.

Basically, she is a guard. Reading her app, she'd probably have a bit more friendly approach towards Ardent than Radiant Steel and Reveille, if we're taking Destriers history into consideration. I'm searching for REA forces generally, so she'd fit. How she'd act and RP, well, it's not up to me anymore. After all I have no idea who I'd met.

Edit: Maybe except the part of "Ponies behaving differently due to their guard status". I cannot believe Ardent wouldn't behave different concerning his approach to the virtues he's following xD

true, she'd be a more friendly, so it could work nonetheless, so count me in ;D and the "Ponies behaving differently due to their guard status". bit concerns mostly toward civilians.

also, I believe there's supposed to be a royal between the a and guard xD couldn't resist.

Hm, interesting.

As I've noticed, we have highly ranked Royal Celestia Guard, Royal Luna Guard, Drill Sergant, Wonderbolt and a Destrier.

Quite a mix. Perhaps plot could revolve around official REA cadets inspection. By a decree of Princess, it would be represented by selected REA figures (meaning you), although, naturally, the decision of inviting a Destrier would be quite controversial.

Opinions, everypony?

Well, Radiant Steel, though not a cadet, isn't highly ranked at all, actually. She's a fairly fresh recruit herself, still working less than glamorous guard jobs. Not sure how well she'd fit with that scenario.

What about something like 'War Games'? Where different military entities would send teams to compete in different military-style events?

If not that, what about a parade, or even a ball of some sort? Some kind of event that would encourage ponies from all over to attend.

Come to think of it, I could also maybe use my other military related OC, Radiant Steel's older brother Steel Dagger, for this. He's with the Honor Guard's V Order, which according to the write up the Destriers don't think very fondly of. He's also an officer and can be just as disagreeable as his sister if it suits him (if in a more passive way).

Amusing. It seems that season finale brought up an idea which could be followed actually. What I mean?

Shining Armor in one certain moment said one thing. That he received informations of threats directed against kingdom. What about placing the events during that time, and calling for a crisis meeting? Ranks wouldn't matter then, there are plenty of excuses to send lower ranked soldiers into this. Even Wonderbolt would eventually fit in. Naturally, the RP would rather not mention the nature of problem, nor the cast in command (shining f.e.) in order not to spoil. It would concentrate on OC's after all.

As for war games, I'm not entirely sure about it to be honest. Something tells me it would be a bit harder to keep with contact with OC's.

Excellent, excellent.

I'll begin writing stuff then, along with writing least a little introduction to post it here.

Instead of studying Polish postmodernist architecture I'll be studying ponies tonight. Oh well. I was searching for an excuse anyway.

Off we go!

The thread is now started. What I figured out:

Change of plans! The events ARE taking place during the commotion connected with S2 Finale. You know how the situation looks then. There's a threat, nopony knows what's the thing about though. Shining ordered extreme caution and put the city onto high alert, as the wedding is drawing near too. Off we go.

Phil should be one to post first, as it's up to him to chose which OC will he play yet. As for further posting order... I guess we could follow the random pattern I've written in tags, unless anybody has objections.

Lets get this thing moving.

Is it too late to join this?

I want to get my only character more involved in REA stuff. He wanted to become a Royal Guard but is second guessing it now. He has all the training, but never got accepted.