Anyone else a fan of the Megaman series?

Are we talking games or TV series?

As games, Megaman X was one of my first games ever. Really fun even though i coudl only beat like... 2 bosses... the wind guy and and penguin and that was it, hehe... The original series was a bit too hard for me to enjoy though...

The megaman games for the gameboy and DS were okay, they ones where you were on a 6x6 tile floor and fought with cards? yeah, not bad...

I think it's that i liek the megaman world, its concept and abilities, but the games themselves are just kinda meh to me...

The games were very fun and incredibly challenging, especially since I was younger back then and less video game savvy, haha. I mostly remember it as Rockman, due to the Japanese naming of it.

I actually enjoyed the old cartoon of it quite a lot, despite the fact I would find it very cliche and cheesy now.

Any other Megafans out there?

Hell yes!

Classic is my favorite, I dislike the TV shows because they have a good impression and won't show you what Megaman really is about.

Unfortunately though, I think this series is going to die unless Keiji Inafune buys the trademark for his new company. C®apcom won't do anything

to save the blue bomber.

More about me and Megaman games later...

Arent we all forgetting the Megaman MOVIE?!

http://vimeo.com/11554824

(Yes, I know, it kinda sucks, but if your a megaman fan you HAVE to see it)

I really came into the franchise during the X series (I came in around X3 but I've played all 4 SNES games), and I was deep in the fandom for it untill it started fragmenting with the release of 'other' Megaman games like Legends, Megaman Z, etc...

I loved the X series, it conbined a lot of things I looked for in both the game and the fandom, allowing for a sort of pseduto 'magic' in the weapons, the dark and mature storylines, and some nice antiheros. I admit I wrote some fanfics for it, and read more than I can count.

It was really from the X series that I started getting more into the original games, unfortuantely I had been a fan of the Cartoon when I was younger, which colored my view (and really screwed with the 'plot' since it had been 'set' in my head that Proto was evil) but over time I got into it somewhat as well, though never to the extent as the X series.

Subsequently, I never got into the other series' at all, Legends really grated on me, and I was far enough out of the gaming scene that I never got into Z (not to mention I didn't like the redesign of Zero, who had been my favorite character since the game's conception) and dont get me started on the plot of megaman.exe... *coughPokémonRipoffcough*

• 2 weeks later...

NSFW for language.

This Video and Egoraptor are the only reason I've played Mega Man X.

I mean, the Mega Man game are great fun, but I've only played Classic and X. (I played Battle Tower as a kid. I remember enjoying.)

But guys, seriously....I SUCK AT MEGA MAN.

I mean, all it is, is Jump and Shoot! and I can't do it for some reason! XD

but in all honesty, the games are quite fun. :3

• 2 weeks later...

The blue bomber is the bomb. I own all the original series, all the Megaman X games, and all the Zero games. I'm trying to get my hands on Megaman soccer and the few Battle Network games that I don't own, but I'm having some trouble finding them.

Has anyone here ever heard of the rapper Random (or Mega Ran, as some call him)?