Iron Rainbow [Final]

Roleplay Type: Mane Equestrian

Name: Iron Rainbow

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Coat Color: "Devil Red", as illustrated in picture

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane is fluffed and wavy, tail is similarly fluffed up for stylistic purposes, and both are reddish brown in color

Physique: Below average height, slim but solidly built

Accessories: Often clad in a vibrant purple vest on stage

Cutie Mark: A microphone beneath an overarching rainbow

Origin/Residence: Born in Manehatten, travels wherever the wind takes him, and tours all over Equestria and beyond with his band

Occupation: Singer in a hard rock/heavy metal band, "Black Solstice"

Motivation: Iron Rainbow desires to bring the rock and roll music that inspires him so much to the masses, and lives for the stage. Although he isn't necessarily lonely, with friends, fans, and colleagues surrounding him, he wishes to someday start a family, but worries about how it will affect his art.

Likes: Rock and roll, music in general, black coffee, performing, galloping hard on the plains, rainbows

Dislikes: Tea, being off the road for too long, too much silence, laryngitis,

Character Summary:

Personality: Though Iron Rainbow projects a flamboyant, whimsical, and powerful image (despite his smaller than average size), he is very down-to-earth off of the stage, gladly carrying on conversations and signing autographs before and after shows, communing with his fans. His bandmates (with the exception of one former guitarist) regard him as being a very classy, amiable, and overall pleasant pony. There's nopony who he considers himself too good to socialize and be friends with.

Family: Iron Rainbow has a younger sister who works at a bank in Manehatten. They're cordial but don't talk all that much, due to him being busy and his sister considering the type of music he plays to be noisy and obnoxious. He and his sister jointly pay for their peacefully aging parents to live in a retirement community, also in Manehatten. He visits with them every so often when not on tour, but writes to them regularly while on the road. Iron also has an estranged ex-wife who married him for his fame and fortune but couldn't tolerate his traveling, sporadic lifestyle and left him only slightly more than a year after their marriage. He voluntarily sends her a sum of bits every month as a gesture of good will.

Personal History: As a colt, Iron always loved music. As soon as he could he enrolled in the school band, playing the trumpet. He was rather good, often traveling to regional contests as he got older. It was here that he learned the strong breathing techniques that would later help him maintain his powerful voice. His parents always supported his musical endeavors, until he decided to strike out and start up a band immediately after secondary school. Even then they didn't condemn him, always welcoming him home when he had nowhere else to stay because the band was down on its luck.

Eventually his band's bluesy style evolved into something heavier, and after his group finally amiably parted ways, he found a place in a new group called Black Solstice that had recently fired its lead singer for excessive rowdiness on and off the stage. He's been with them ever since his young stallionhood, and has never looked back.

He has since gone on to sing such hits as "Mare on the Silver Mountain", "Rainboom in the Dark", "All the Foals Sailed Away", and most recently, "Mistress of the Moon". [All punny ponifications of actual Ronnie James Dio songs, for those unaware. ;D]

Cutie Mark Story: Despite his confidence, Iron Rainbow didn't gain his cutie mark until just before reaching the status of a grown stallion. It was his first show with his new band. He was a little nervous, naturally, but strutted across the stage, amazing the small audience with his strong performance. However, even after this successful debut, he felt something was missing.

During his next show, he devised a setup allowing a heavy mist of water to be sprayed above the stage, using a light projecting spell to fire a radiant beam, piercing the vapor and creating a massive arcing rainbow. The beautiful sight was enhanced and punctuated by his terrific voice, and it was there on that stage in front of the cheering crowd that he earned his cutie mark, representing his remarkable combination of powerful singing and distinctive showmanship.

post-2778-0-52995100-1336113256_thumb.pn

Iron Rainbow's cutie mark

post-2778-0-50652400-1336113293_thumb.pn

The charismatic stallion himself

I would make it [Final], but I have another app with that status, and as I recall you can only have two apps in the pipeline at once, one Final and one WIP. If I'm wrong about that and somehow misremembering, I'll make this one Final. :)

I am picturing his band being a cross between Blackmore's Rainbow, Iron Butterfly with a dash of perhaps early Sabbath, and even a pinch of Blue Cheer.

You're right on the counts of Rainbow and Sabbath, as the idea behin this character was very much to take Ronnie James Dio and stick him in a pony's body...x3 I altered certain small details of his backstory, but he'd heavily based off of the God of Metal.

Also, I just noticed I haz three apples! YAAAY! 8D

Edited by HighRoller