Living in Equestria would actually be tough

kunio18

And I like the hospitals. They're more 'Harry Potter' than ours. Break a bone? You won't be in crutches for months, just a few days. Break a tooth? No painful caps, just a simple potion and poof! As for women, we've only seen a tiny part of the world. There's bound to be a few humanoid races.Somewhere! :shock:

I'd be fine, as an Eagle Scout, I've got some outdoor training, and it would be enough to get me through. Everything else is just gravy!

Bear Grylls if he was a brony stuck living in equestria he would probably find it super easy because of his survival skills that he has learnt over the years of going to just about every unhabbital place on the earth and conquering it, the ultimate extreme survivor. That guy simply walks through Mordor, so of course he could simply walk through the Everfree forest

I once dreamt about going into Equestria, and i do it often, and i did face challenges. I keep a diary of my dreams. Basically i woke up in Canterlot. Of course, it was wonderful, though i did NOT like the weather.

Too cold, hurr durr you live directly next to some mountains.

Zecora told me that the Everfree Forest used to be like some really happy place until these dark spirits took over. (Gosh, i sound like a creep.)

It was cool though. A world that looks like animation? Hellyea!

• Like 1

Arcade cabinets, well, first all electronic coin/op games existed since the 70's But a lot before exited electromechanical or fully mechanical ones... Electricity exists if we take the two shots of a dam with a electric plant, electric apparels in almost episode basis... I'l point their tech level as like 1918-1929 when electricity was not unknow but not widespread, electric audio equippment existed, but not fully barred wind-up Phonographs. And in general, not everybody moved to cities. Still small villages existed...

Monsters would not be a problem out of Everfree Forest, in the occasional time they'l be, as told before, just run and be lucky...

id recon just for sage keeping id have to arm myself when venturing around in equestria, you never know when danger might be at hand or somthing can jump out from the everfree forest at anytime, thats what scares me the most, cerberus just comes bursts into ponyville unacordingly, and comming face to face with a cockatrice, or a manticore..? SCREW THAT !!

probably would have to make somthing make shift like a spear lance or a pocket knife, just for the neccasarry protection

Arcade cabinets, well, first all electronic coin/op games existed since the 70's But a lot before exited electromechanical or fully mechanical ones... Electricity exists if we take the two shots of a dam with a electric plant, electric apparels in almost episode basis... I'l point their tech level as like 1918-1929 when electricity was not unknow but not widespread, electric audio equippment existed, but not fully barred wind-up Phonographs. And in general, not everybody moved to cities. Still small villages existed...

It also seems like the electric equiptment is used in public spaces or specialized machines. I don't recall seeing it being used much in homes for common tasks

We have a thread about equestrian technology, I think. What strikes me the most is their kitchens. They're very, very modern. I'd have to rewatch the episode with the cupcakes song, but I'm pretty sure Pinkie have all the modern conveniences like fridges and stoves.

The biggest problem I would see isn't the monsters, the lack of women ( ... ) or the food - you can live on a vegetarian diet, monsters seem to be limited to remote locations (and Ponyville is actually quite close to the Everfree, really) so I guess you could live all your life in safer parts of Equestria without ever having to worry about it (or go live in Australia for a few months before moving to Equestria :P ). The biggest problem I see is being a biped in a world populated with races who have a very different morphology. Will you find a bed that fits you ? We have no idea what's the size of a pony compared to a human's. Will you bump your head on every doorframe, like Gandalf visiting hobbits ? How many things would you have to custom-build to suit you, and how much money will it cost ? And, most importantly, will the doctors be able to heal you, should something serious happen to your health ? There's a lot of stuff that look awkward for ponies and better suited for humans though. So maybe you'll fit in fine, with only annoying details popping in here and there.

hi hi

I already hit my head on structures that were built for people, so I guess I wouldn't mind the architecture too much. Also, if you take a look at Princess Celestia's bedroom, its she sits on what is essentially an oversized pillow.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about health problems. Sure their doctors might not have much experience, but its a proven fact that they have vets in Equestria. :lol:

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about health problems. Sure their doctors might not have much experience, but its a proven fact that they have vets in Equestria. :lol:

If I'm going to go see a doctor, I'm not to sure I'd want to be wearing a collar and leash... Especially to a vet. :-|

Why? well...

129129337600822461.jpg

THIS, is every guy's nightmare. Every guy here knows why HE doesn't want to go...

Although, on second thought, I guess that would fix the whole "no human females" problem.

Let's see...

I think I'd actually rather miss meat. Though maybe I could eventually get used to it if the vegetarian stuff is good, which I'd imagine it would *have* to be for a society of herbivores. (But then... Don't they eat hay? Eep.)

The lack of human women (or men) wouldn't be an issue for me. I'm generally pretty asexual anyway, and if a relationship *did* happen to come up, I doubt I'd have much problem with them being a pony. Especially if I was myself turned into a pony upon moving to Equestria.

Speaking of which, yeah, I imagine things like clothes and furniture and architecture would be an issue if I was still a human. I sure as hell don't have the handyman skills to make everything for myself, and I doubt few ponies would really have a good idea of how to build stuff for me.

And if I recall correctly, someone figured out that the female ponies are under 4 feet tall. So yeah, it would pretty much be like squeezing into a Hobbit's house.

I think the lack of computers would kinda get to me too. Having all your music and pictures and documents and everything in one spot is way too convenient, plus the ability to do research and contact someone from virtually anywhere. AND I'm a huge videogame geek, AND programming is actually a hobby of mine.

Though at the very least, I'd still be able to write, and I could probably rope a few other ponies into campaigns in a DnD clone.

One other thing that'd concern me? Cleanliness. Like, the ponies seem to do pretty much everything with their mouths. (Watch the Baby Cakes episode very carefully. Eww.) Are germs something you need to worry about in Equestria? And I'd be worried about tracking stuff all over the carpet if you don't have shoes you can take off when you go inside.

I think I'd have a pretty easy time of it. And yeah, they figured out the basic size of the mares, assuming cows there are the same size as our cows, in applebuck season AJ is standing on a cow, which gives a great size reference. So I would be almost twice as tall as the ponies, but from the looks of it, their doors are between 4 and 5 feet tall for regular housing, and their ceilings higher, so architecture wouldnt be a huge issue. I would miss meat though, but I'd deal.

Humans are made to adapt and change to our situations, and I don't see where everyone is getting this 'We'll be really fat" nonsense from...the Ponies eat sweets and such for special occasions, but their diets mostly consist of fruits and veggies, not only that but in Equestria we'd probably be pretty active.

I Could probably tolerate the no computers and such if I could bring all my friends with me!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind most of those cons. I rarely, if ever, eat meat (except bacon, yum), and I would not have a problem if I was suddenly surrounded by ponies instead of humans for the rest of my life. Humans are not really the nicest sometimes.

Plus, it seems like it would be easier to get along in Equestria, at least jobwise. I mean, everypony has a job, as far as I know. Plus you don't have to do something that is paid, apparently, because Fluttershy does something that is completely useless (we never see her act as if it's a pet shop or animal hospital, she is never paid) to society, and she survives.

And about the lack of technology: Let's just say that I sometimes think it would be fun to go back in time to the Roman Empire. The only deterrent I have is the ruthlessness of the world back then. Equestria? Not ruthless. So I would take the chance to go to Equestria just like that, whether I was a human or a pony.

Naw. Not -all- meals are grass and hay. They basically eat anything that isn't meat. Fruits, vegetables, sweets, eggs...And eating fish wouldn't get you into trouble. And if you put enough ketchup on hay-bacon-strips, it almost tastes the same..Almost.. :sniff:

hi hi

If you like meat that might be a problem, but I think the real problem would be if you don't like apples. Anyone who hates apples would probably have a rough time living in Equestria.

Plus you'd upset Applejack and the Apple family.

Seems to be medivel with random bits of technology. I would imagine the technological parts come from unicorns. Like if during the time of King Arthur wizards were a normal part of society, weaker, but some can make microwaves

I was reading through all this, and it caught my attention the whole time thing I actually think there more in the 1950s, with some areas just not having advanced. This is based off the technology that has been seen within the show, the most advanced pieces being an arcade game and DJ turntable which both just so happen to have come out in the mid 1950's and with the fashion base of everything I'd say it's about right too maybe go back a generation from that possibly 2 generations at most. And it would explain almost everything within the show. Especially if you start applying the "How magic would have effected the world" theories that come up a lot in dnd discussions.

Also as for living in equastria yea, It's totally do able. And the "lack" of protein problem isn't a problem, what a lot of people, namely the ones that try and argue that vegetarians shouldn't be vegetarians because of it don't realize, or neglect to mention, is that there is protein in plants, namely beans, nuts, seeds, and soy (I mention soy separate from beans because to my knowledge it is one of the biggest sources of plant protein) would become your primary sources of it. The difference you'll see from this, and really only difference, is that you won't be big and bulky, plant protein is lean protein so you'll end up being thin and lean.

Next subject... Work as a human in a land of ponies, ok yes we are possibly not as strong as earth ponies, I say possible cause we don't know on a fact in this case, we can't fly or do things with the weather like a pegasus, and we don't have magic like the unicorns. That's all understand, what we do have is hands and fingers and feet. You'll probably ask what's that got to do with anything, it has everything to do with it, fact is we can do highly detailed work very easily compared to a pony without much concentration, which means if we gained a skill set in fashion or something to do with art we could put out work much faster than a unicorn who would have to focus on what he/she was doing in order to levitate what they were using around. Next are feet give us the ability to much more easily, more easily than any pony, to climb and, if you'd been there long enough and did enough physical workout, to be thin, shouldn't take much, you could much more easily get to those hard to reach places. To top it off there is much much more that we can do that ponies can't, and there's things the ponies, unicorns, and pegasus can do that we can't. So yea.

I had one more thing I was going to go into but I can't remember what it is right off hand so I'll save it for later when I remember.

Naw. Not -all- meals are grass and hay. They basically eat anything that isn't meat. Fruits, vegetables, sweets, eggs...And eating fish wouldn't get you into trouble. And if you put enough ketchup on hay-bacon-strips, it almost tastes the same..Almost.. :sniff:

Um... Here at least Bacon is meat, that or I Misunderstood you and you meant "Hay-bacon-strips" as hay strips that look like bacon and nopony freaks about...