I forgot that I taunted everyone with a gift-wrapped item. No one's guessed it by the way.

Anyway, I think I might have found an excuse to use the Pyro (which I don't use) and the Third Degree (which I also don't use)

There's a little site called "mlptf2mods" that has a bunch of, well, TF2 mods with a MLP theme. Well, there's one that replaces the normal guitar riff for the Third Degree's taunt with a clip from Rainbow Factory. And I really, really like that song. There's a couple of other mods on that site that I like as well (the victory song replacers, class icon changers, etc., but I felt like that one deserved special mention.

Also, the gift item was a Frying Pan. Add me on steam and shoot me a message if you want it. It's been sitting in my inventory collecting dust since Christmas.

As far as Stranges go, keep an eye on the Wiki page when there's an update with new crates. As you know, crates have a very specific list of what can be inside them. The weapons listed (unless otherwise notes ((frakkin' 2012 festives...)) ) will always be Strange. So, buy some keys and start unlocking or trade with someone who bought some keys and started unlocking.

I swear, the minute a S. Beggar's Bazooka comes out...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I recently came across a large number of Stranges. I already have all the Stranges I want, and as such, if you want a Strange, send me a message (over Steam, Skype, PMs, whatever) and I'll give you one.

This is no longer true. Just about all of my Stranges have been traded away. I still have a select few, but nothing really note worthy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crate 50 came out. It's a salvage crate, but it has Strange Bacon Grease. Turns normal Frying Pans into strange ones...

And now we play the waiting game.

(If someone, somehow gets a crate 50, I will give you all of my money lots of stuff for it. Like, all of my stuff.)

• 3 weeks later...

I play and love this game too, Have had bits where i've wanted to put it down (I just say i couldn't find any server until the last 2 and a one my friend showed me were real good)

I main pyro ...like MAIN pyro, Degreaser (Hopefully to get a strange soon) Shotgun (it is WAY better than the flaregun, doesn't do the crit thing but the fact of how RELIABLE the shotgun is and specally since it's good when you encounter pyros is a plus) and Also my strange axtinguisher with i think 100 kills on it so far (I should name it)

Cannot stress how good of a loadout it is, you have the degreaser and axtinguisher for the rest of the classes and the shotgun for when pyros and scouts get in your face :D.

I also played MVM a lot, mained medic for a while on it and soldier and then pyro and such, Black box is such a beast at it.

ooh yeah spine chilling skull too :3, looks sweet on pyro, i have two of the skulls i think, one i painted the horns orange to give it a HS troll look :3 (i usually wear the homestuck skull on my engineer)

Edited by kazadoo

I play and love this game too, Have had bits where i've wanted to put it down (I just say i couldn't find any server until the last 2 and a one my friend showed me were real good)

I main pyro ...like MAIN pyro, Degreaser (Hopefully to get a strange soon) Shotgun (it is WAY better than the flaregun, doesn't do the crit thing but the fact of how RELIABLE the shotgun is and specally since it's good when you encounter pyros is a plus) and Also my strange axtinguisher with i think 100 kills on it so far (I should name it)

Cannot stress how good of a loadout it is, you have the degreaser and axtinguisher for the rest of the classes and the shotgun for when pyros and scouts get in your face :D.

I don't have one constant loadout with Pyro... or most classes for that matter, though I always use the Degreaser because the added weapon swap speed is just invaluable and leaves you plenty of options on how to deal with whoever you are fighting. I pick flaregun because of the long-distance capabilities it has, which helps on some of the bigger and more open maps. If there's a particularly brutal setup of enemy pyros on the enemy team I'll pick reserve shooter instead since the possibility of downing them in 2 shots is just too tempting. As for my melee, it depends on what I want to do - I sometimes pick the Homewrecker if we have a number of engineers defending and there's an uncomfortable number of spies on the enemy team sapping everything with mechanical parts on it. If that's not the case, I'll pick the Postal Pummeler for insta-killing fun, and in the few occasions where I won't be able to do that AND there won't be a Medic on the team, I take the Back Scratcher. A pyro with this one can heal 137 hp with a medium pack and 50-ish from the small one, which is a huge help.

As much as I like playing Pyro though, my main three pubstompers will always be Soldier, Demoman and Scout, in that order. I'll just leave this picture as commentary on my Soldier capabilities...

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=140354139

The Strange Part is "Airborne Enemies killed". I also have a Rocket Launcher with over 5000 kills on it, for those times where enemies are actually good enough to be difficult to hit with the DH.

Demoman is no slouch though; I have a relatively fresh Sticky Launcher strange that also racked up over 5000 recently, and my Grenade Launcher is slowly getting there, as I finally managed to get it in strange too.

In other news, not long after Crate #50 was released, I managed to get one from a random drop. I managed to sell it for 14 keys while it was still worth something - I heard it's worth around half that now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh, Mann VS Machine, I watched the gameplay videos, they're not all that easy to play in, it's much worse when you encounter the Tank! But I wonder if that one is more fun compare to fight against Merasmus.

• 2 weeks later...

I just unboxed the Blood Banker. I think there's a Spy fan girl on this board somewhere, but her head must be spinning. It is such a handsome jacket! No idea what to pair it with hat-wise other than the Made Man.

Meanwhile, I still search for the Derfanzipantzen. It is the sole reason I haven't sold off my Powdered Practitioner and Nine Pipe Problem.

Weapon talk now. The Quick Fix is finally playable enough that nobody on the server yells at me when I use it. The Winger means Scouts can freaking fly now. The l'etranger is such a wonderful gun now. It's a perfect escape artist's weapon! I mourn the loss of the Liberty Launcher's goodness. My strange will never be touched again. Instead, I think I'm going to main the Cow Mangler for a while. The buff makes it not a gimmick and the new projectiles are so cool!

I'm happy and sad about set bonuses leaving. On the one hand, it puts the power in the hands of those who cannot afford hats. On the other hand, my set hats are worthless! I mean, I have no use for the Attendant anymore. At least the Familiar Fez is nice looking.

I've got to say... I'm quite impressed with the update. There were a great deal of cosmetic voids that were filled in this update. I think honestly one of the best parts about this is now my beloved Short Circuit is worth something now. Previously I had a lite-support Engine build. It served mostly as a distraction and could occasionally clear some explosives. Now with the MAJOR buff to that nifty little gadget, you can actually consistently hit some projectiles with it and you even it costs less if you do it!

I unboxed the Delinquents Downvest, the Bolshevik Biker, and i too now have the Powdered Practitioner! :D

I'm also very happy about the recent buffs, Winger, however, is now incredibly op, because scouts are now soaring through the sky when i play Control point, jumping over me and my team D;

And right after i spent the rest of my monies on 4 Mann up tickets, i get another summer cooler D:

WHY ME!?! :scream:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I think it's my job to resurrect this thread every time a new update hits. For starters, this exists: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Magical_Mercenary. Complete with "Friendship is freakin' magic!" lines and similar fun. They basically threw us one massive bone during the Halloween update.

Next, a new MvM update! Loads of fun! Go play!

Finally, Bramble Rose on this very board decided to step back into the game briefly. He traded me a Vintage Kritzkrieg. As thanks, I did this:

Proof_zps0879a6b9.png

We all lol a lot when the Magical Mercenary is released, but still, even haters also claim TF2 is literally dead when that came out. But of course, we all know they're whinny brats for hating ponies when they should hate Spongebob instead.

Eh, I'm a TF2 veteran, but because of technical reasons I can't play anymore. I was all over the Pony Fortress 2 servers for years under the Steam handle "Princess Luna." Original, I know, but hey, Luna is best pony, and I did her name justice as a Sniper main-liner.