Took me awhile to understand the benefits of the red tape recorder. Pretty sneaky if I say so myself.

The way I see it, it de-upgrades buidlings, and eventually deconstructs them. It's a VERY trolly weapon if you ask me... I might have to start playing Spy more :twisted:

Garçon, I'll have a Heatmaker, please!

Also, my Steam name is Angelyco.

I still don't quite understand the mechanic behind the Heatmaker. Is it a heavy flamethrower? Does it shoot incindiary rounds? Or does it have a PBAOE (point blank area of effect) fire effect?

Also tots added.

I still don't quite understand the mechanic behind the Heatmaker. Is it a heavy flamethrower? Does it shoot incindiary rounds? Or does it have a PBAOE (point blank area of effect) fire effect?

Also tots added.

The gun itself shoots like the standard minigun. But whenever it's revved, both when shooting or with secondary fire, it produces a small ring of fire. It's effect looks similar to the pyro's armageddon taunt with the rainblower. Does that clear things up a bit?

The gun itself shoots like the standard minigun. But whenever it's revved, both when shooting or with secondary fire, it produces a small ring of fire. It's effect looks similar to the pyro's armageddon taunt with the rainblower. Does that clear things up a bit?

Does this fire do damage? I can see that really messing with scouts and spies.

Does this fire do damage? I can see that really messing with scouts and spies.

Yes, but most of it will be after burn damage. Your end up getting a lot more assists, but the gun eats up ammo like ants on sugar, so I recommend bringing a shotgun for backup firepower.

Thread bump!

Also my good buddy Joey just gave me a Strange Black Box and a Strange Equilizer for about 10 spare weapons I never use that he wanted (the guy never plays soldier, and insisted I take them).

Sooo I'm going to be doing that for a little while today! Anyone wana join me on some TF2? Steam is Kryptchild, and I'll probably be doing some Dustbowl!

Okay I need some help, cause there's something I'm just not getting...

I'm like the only person who can't seem to melee properly in TF2. What am I doing wrong?!

Everyone is always faster, gets around behind me, and hits me before I'm even in range. Meanwhile it feels like I have to be right there to hit them, and even then it doesn't seem to do anything!

I recently came into possession of a Strange Equalizer, but I'm feeling VERY unequal on the melee battlefield. Any tips?

Yeah, I've been noticing that I can't really melee too well either... it really sucks.

Anyway, as for your Equalizer problem, Valve tweaked it so it only increases damage as your health decreases, rather than damage AND speed. To balance this, they added "The Escape Plan" to increase only speed as your health decreases. As soon as I learned this, I switched to the Escape Plan to run for health... much more useful than the increased damage, in my opinion.

Okay I need some help, cause there's something I'm just not getting...

I'm like the only person who can't seem to melee properly in TF2. What am I doing wrong?!

Everyone is always faster, gets around behind me, and hits me before I'm even in range. Meanwhile it feels like I have to be right there to hit them, and even then it doesn't seem to do anything!

I recently came into possession of a Strange Equalizer, but I'm feeling VERY unequal on the melee battlefield. Any tips?

It really depends what class you're trying to hit. Something like the heavy/pyro will gun you down before you get a chance to hit it, and scouts are just too fast.

I only melee spys/demo/medic because there are the weakest when it comes to close quaters. But if you're feeling cocky, use the Jarate/bushwaka combo with the sniper. The Jarate with coat your victim with mini-crits and the bushwaka turns all mini-crits into normal crits.

With your soli problem, don't try to go for melee specifically. Their strengths are in their range. Scout and Demo are the best Melee class, with expeption from the Spy. But if you do wanna try Melee with the soli, I recomend getting some of those boots that negate some rocketjump damage (I forget their name), or better yet, the rocket jumper itslef (Which removes all self damage) and just jump in and out of battle. Using a normal rocket lancher with damamge you enough that your Equalizer will be some-what useful.

Thats just my advice, I have two weeks worth of TF2 time and most of it I spend as the Sniper. I've got about 15 or so hours as a Soli.

A great way to practice melee fighting is to go to a 24 hour Degroot Keep server and play for a few hours. And don't play as Sniper/Medic, that's cheating. Alternatively, instead of shooting someone when they're close, try instead melee attacking them. Eventually you'll get a feel for how far/close you have to be to hit them.

And, naturally, find a weapon that fits your play style best. Some weapons are better for fighting in melee range than others, as well as your entire load out can effect it. After you get the hang of it, you'll be meleeing your way to victory!

Also, since apparently we're post trades, I'm selling a Strange Tribalman's Shiv, S. Market Gardner, and a dirty Wingstick if anyone wants any of those. And you know how I said I was Knight Captain Korok before? I lied. I changed it to Velvet Remedy (mostly as a joke, but I think I'll leave it as that for a while)

A great way to practice melee fighting is to go to a 24 hour Degroot Keep server and play for a few hours. And don't play as Sniper/Medic, that's cheating. Alternatively, instead of shooting someone when they're close, try instead melee attacking them. Eventually you'll get a feel for how far/close you have to be to hit them.

And, naturally, find a weapon that fits your play style best. Some weapons are better for fighting in melee range than others, as well as your entire load out can effect it. After you get the hang of it, you'll be meleeing your way to victory!

Also, since apparently we're post trades, I'm selling a Strange Tribalman's Shiv, S. Market Gardner, and a dirty Wingstick if anyone wants any of those. And you know how I said I was Knight Captain Korok before? I lied. I changed it to Velvet Remedy (mostly as a joke, but I think I'll leave it as that for a while)

A few things:

1) I approve of your steam name.

2) Degroot keep? Oh...you mean that 24 hour Demopan map. If you wanna get good at demoknight, go play that map. Mostly because the Demo doesn't have a lot of downsides to being a full on melee class.

That place is also spammed with huntsman snipers. Medics alright. As long as you use the amputator so you can heal your team

3) I would say 'cheating' is using the Ullapool caber when you're losing a fight. Doesn't stop me though.

4) All is fair in love and Jarate spam war. No one expects a sniper to go against a heavy+medic combo, that's why it works so well. (i'm a good sniper. don't believe me? Bring it. I'm the one in the black hood) Hence, jarate/bushwaka is probably the best melee combo.

The Tribal Shiv is decent enough to catch fleeing spys, that's why I hate it so.

If anyone has 5 refined, i'd be happy to give them some black paint....

oh yeah! I'll have to try that.

Wow, the Triad Pack update is jack squat compared to this.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

There's other like related stuff on the front page of the TF2 blog that's not on the page linked.

My biggest question is if the enemy robots will be treated like buildings and effected by weapons like the homewrecker.

This update is going to be AWESOME! From what I can tell, it's probably going to be a survival mode of sorts. And that is something that TF2 hasn't ever had, so I'm really excited to see how this is going to work.

EDIT: I just found out that 6 players will team up against waves of robots to prevent them from planting a bomb. And more importantly, between waves you can upgrade weapons and such. :) Also, if you hold of all waves in a mission, you get a lot of loot. YAY! :D

Edited by SonicRainb00m

This update is going to be AWESOME! From what I can tell, it's probably going to be a survival mode of sorts. And that is something that TF2 hasn't ever had, so I'm really excited to see how this is going to work.

EDIT: I just found out that 6 players will team up against waves of robots to prevent them from planting a bomb. And more importantly, between waves you can upgrade weapons and such. :) Also, if you hold of all waves in a mission, you get a lot of loot. YAY! :D

6? Guessing the sniper/spy/pyro ain't gonna be in it.

And did anyone else get a 'Saxon Hale robot' vibe from the big thingy at the end?