EverFree Forest: Zecora's Home Remedies! (Ended and dead)

QuickLime

A minty green pegasus dashed out of the door and flew as Zecora began to greet her. What was that all about? She mumbled to herself. Zecora's rhyming had always intrigued the Mayor. It was an odd way of talking but she found it relaxing to be in the company with the striped Zebra mare.

"Mmmm..." She took in a satisfying breath as the aroma greeted her enticingly. "That stew smells so... so divine."

She was walking towards the cauldron noticing Apple Bloom for the first time. The little filly poured a bowl and gave it to the shy yellow pegasus in the corner of the hut. Oh, Fluttershy was here too. Zecora must be having a really busy day.

"Hello Zecora! I'd love to have some of this stew, what is it? Oh by the way, Twilight Sparkle and I had a talk the other day and she told me you had some Herbal Tea to calm the nerves? Given my work, sometimes I get stressed out.|

The Mayor sat on her haunches anticipating some of the stew.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zecorafbanner.jpg

A soft smile spread across Zecora's face as the pony drank the "Potion" and was given a tight hug "You are welcome my dear! Come see me the next time you are here" She said returning the embrace and watched the Pegasus zoom off. The confidence swelling up in the pony was her own! The Pink "Potion" Was the same thing that the young colt had received , a bottle of fizzy fruit flavored juice with nothing mythical or magical about it, Zecora figured that the ponies own inner strength needed a nice boost and that if she THOUGHT she was more confident then she would be.

Zecora's attention was taken once again by the Mayor, a smile spreading to her face as she got a bowl of the soup for grey maned pony "It is a very Special Mint and Strawberry stew, taste it and let me know if it's just right for you" She said as she offered it to her.

"Ahh a tea for you would be best! I have just the thing to melt away stress" Going over to her shelves she stood on her back legs as she examined them before finding a tin that had several bags of sweet smelling tea; taking the tin with her mouth she took it down before sitting it in front of the Mayor "Take this Tea twice a day to help the stress melt away" She nodded "Though I Recommend for you a drop of lemon or two"

The lemon would react with the tea to make it a little stronger and also give off a wonderful steam that did wonders for the complexion and focus.

"Oh my Dear Friend Fluttershy! So good to See you! Would you like to join us for some stew? I hope you will agree that it is a delicious family recipe "

As the door to Zecora's hut opened, Fluttershy realized that she was not the only visitor the zebra had this morning. There were several ponies in the small shelter, and Fluttershy began backing away a bit. "Oh, um, Hello Zecora." she said, nervously. "Some stew would be lovely, but I can see you are busy soI'lljustcomebacklater..." she finished, slurring her words in a rush.

"'Ey there, Fluttershy! Whatcha doin' 'ere? Ya should get some of this ste- -That stew. It's amazing!"

Fluttershy blinked in surprise at the filly, but then broke into a smile. "Well hello, Apple Bloom!" The pegasus regained some of her composure, felling better that she knew more than one of the ponies... err... equines present. "Oh, I had to see one of my friends in the forest!" she said in response to the filly's curiosity. She entered and took the proffered bowl. "Mr. Mittens hurt himself in an accident, the poor thing." She took a sip from the bowl, and her eyes widened at the taste. "Oh Zecora, this is delightful! Thank you so much!" she said, before taking another drink.

"Oh... um... hello there, I'm Guiding Light... what's your name?"

Fluttershy sputtered a bit in the stew as the unfamiliar colt spoke to her. She blushed, more in embarrassment than from bashfulness. "Oh, excuse me, I'm um, Fluttershy..." she said to the yellow unicorn. "It's nice to meet you, Guiding Light."

Just at that moment, a filly that had been speaking to Zecora suddenly shot out the door with a shouted thank you, just as the Mayor trotted in. "Oh, hello Ms. Mayor!" Fluttershy said in greeting. "Goodness, you are busy today, Zecora," she then said to the zebra. She moved toward Apple Bloom with her stew so she was out of the way of Zecora's customers.

"Finally!" shouts a mangy, dirty yellow unicorn as he bursts out from behind some brush off to the side of the hut. "An actual building!"

As he he starts to trot towards the hut, he manages to hear the voices coming from inside.

"Please oh PLEASE let there be someone that can help me."

He walks around to the front of the hut and opens the door with a bang.

"FINALLY SOME PONIES WHO COULD HE-" looking around the room, "Oops, heh heh...sorry about that. I didn't mean to make such a bang."

A small bay filly no bigger than Scootaloo was buzzing her black-banded wings with effort, a snowy owl had ahold of her saddlebags and was assisting her weak flight.

The filly waved a dainty ebon hoof "Okay Blizzy, we're here. lets set me down over there please."

Shanna really didnt want her brother to know what happened to her during her errand, so the fewer witnesses the better.

The new filly eeked and ducked behind a stump as a disheveled yellow stallion ran around Zecora's tree and burst in.

Shanna and Blizzy looked at each other, then back to the hut. The filly spoke in a small voice. "I..I guess I'll just sit here a minute an' see if anypony leaves. It might be a bit..crowded..."

Anypony looking out the window will see a black maned filly and a white owl watching the hut...

The Mayor gladly gulped down the stew as she waited for Zecora to procure some herbal tea bags from the shelf behind her. She was so caught up with the taste that she barely heard Zecora's suggestion about adding a few drops of lemon to the tea.

"Two drops... okay..." she said distractedly as she gulped down her stew.

More ponies were coming in and the place started to crowd a bit. It was time for her to leave. She still had to complete a few more hours of work at Town Hall anyway.

"Thank you for the tea Zecora. I'm sure this would help me a lot." She said as she picked up the small bag of tea on the table. "And thank you for the stew. It was delicious! You must tell me the recipe sometime!"

Nodding her head to Applebloom, Fluttershy and the few newcomers, she went her way and trotted out of the hut making her way back to Ponyville.

(OOC: Awaiting to see if Apple Bloom sneaked a peak at the paper Light wrote, but I have a few things else I can do.)

Guiding Light looked at the blueish bottle that was given to her by Zecora. What if the potion didn't work? What if there were some wierd side effects?

Thankfully another pony had received the same potion just before he did. He waited to see the results on her, just to be sure. Instantly the pegasus said that she felt confident and rushed out of the hut to meet her special somepony.

Feeling satisfied, he opened the bottle and drank the potion down. It tasted kind of fruity to him. Suddenly he felt his shyness melt away and his confidence rise. He didn't know how long this would last, but he liked this new him!

"Thanks for the potion Zecora," Light said as he hugged her, "Oh, and it's nice to meet you too Fluttershy. And it's nice to meet you Ms. Mayor."

Now Light saw Apple Bloom there. This was it, the ultimate test in this potion's effectiveness. "Um... Apple Bloom? Can I talk to you about something?"

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had given Zecora the note, not gazing down at it as her mind was pre-occupied with a more pressing matter. She loved the stew, each bowl was better than the last. If she had been a more superstitious, she might have blamed Zecora and said she enchanted the stew. She wasn't as silly as some others however and knew it wasn't an enchantment; it was just awesome! And so the filly was silent as one of the customers left and Mayor Mare entered. Fluttershy responded and even her soothing voice helped her in some ways with the occupying thought of her mind: Her tummy hurt, and it hurt bad. Plus, it allowed her to think of something else.

"Aww, Mr. Mittens? Wha' happened to 'im?" She asked, her voice giving some hint of her rumblin', tumblin' stomach. She leaned against the cauldron, and the dying embers heated the cauldron just enough for the heat to be soothing as she leaned against it. It felt great against her lower stomach, and she heaved a contented sigh. That was until she was called away by business, Zecora's business, Guiding Light to be more exact. He seemed more than a little nervous as he spoke, even as he spoke of the potion's effectiveness. He asked for her, and Apple Bloom's ears perked up in curiosity.

"Uhh, sure?" She responded with uncertainty, slowly taking herself away from the cauldron. After a very lazy walk, she positioned herself in front of him, though one of her hooves went to her stomach and rubbed it as the rumblin' and tumblin' returned.

"Whatcha need?"

Looking around the room, noting all of the masks and ignoring his own trouble. "The stories these can tell..."

He then looks over to Zecora, dropping his jaw,

"Holy horseradishes! I wasn't expecting a Zebra this far away from her homelands. I bet you have so many stories to tell! Oooo this is just great!"

Sheepishly, "I'm sorry I burst in like that, got a little lost in the woods, crashed my wagon and I went off for some help. I'm Pinoak, the storyteller." says the mustard unicorn as he holds his hoof out.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Goodness Zecora was starting to feel a little overwhelmed but was glad Guiding Light was making progress, though honestly she didn't want him to try and flirt with AppleBloom like that it made her uncomfortable. A small smile crossed her face as she heard the Mayor compliment her stew "Why I would be most happy to obtain the recipie for you"

The small one at the window with her Owl recived a small smile from Zecora and a wink, though as the other rather rudely barged in Zecora's ears pinned back as he gawked around her place before offering her his hoof "..This is true, It is a pleasure to meet you"

Goodness.

Shanna watched as Zecora's hut was very busy today indeed.

To her surprise the Mayor mare of Ponyville came out of the gnarled swamp tree.

Shanna quickly ducked down. She didnt' know if the Mayor would recognize her or even know her, even if her and her brother were frequent visitors to Ponyville, but she really didnt' feel like taking a chance.

After the Mayor went around the bend in the trail, the filly got back on the stump, to see Zecora look at her from inside and give her a wink.

Shanna shyly waved and wondered if she should wait on the strange unicorn to leave, or just go on in...

This was it. It was now or never. Guiding Light didn't know how long the potion that Zecora gave him would last. It could be done in a few minutes from now or even a few days. He wasn't going to take any chances of it being long though.

He wondered if it was the right time to talk to Apple Bloom now considering that she looked like something was up, something with her stomach. But he started this conversation, and by Celestioa he would finish it.

"Well... um.... Apple Bloom," Light began, shuffling his hooves a little out of nervousness, "I was wondering, if you're not too busy with your Crusader friends, would you like to hang out with me sometime? I know I'm kind of shy, and I guess that's the reason why I didn't ask you before. But you're a really nice pony and I'd like to get to know you more. That is if you want to get to know me more."

His conversation was rough but he felt that he got his point across without blurting out "do you want to be my special somepony" to her. That could have easily put her off and caused much embarassment, especially with the fact of others being around.

"Umm....." Finally stopping for a moment to look at all the other ponies. "I think I'll just wait over here for a few....just got a little excited about seeing a Zebra this far out." Pinoak says as he steps out of the way of the doorway and the two little foals. Now saying quietly to himself, "Daww, that's so sweet."

Lightning Dancer burst into the hut, the door flying open and practically hitting somepony. She was so excited, she couldn't wait to tell Zecora, Apple Bloom, and anyone else who would listen the good news! She wondered what was even in that magical potion that made her feel so confident. But it didn't matter, she had finally mustered up the courage to confess her feelings to Regality! AND he felt the same way! Her heart was pounding, and her wings flapped vigorously as she hovered in place.

"ZECORA!" Lightning shouted, "APPLE BLOOM! IT WORKED! IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED! I NOW HAVE A COLT-FRIEND!" Lightning danced in place, her smile practically consuming her face.

OOC- Internet finally restored.

Apple Bloom could only shoot Luz a queer look as he stumbled over himself in asking her to hang out with him and be a friend. Under what scenario would a colt be so incredibly nervous to just ask a schoolmate to be friendly and hang out? It seemed awfully silly of him. Then again, she was sure that many of her friends had little problems here and there that she wouldn't, couldn't know about, and Guiding Light here was a shy pony. She had always known that but what about her made him want to reveal his shy nature to her?

Apple Bloom gasped before she shot her hoof out to Guiding light's head.

"Ah know whatcher aimin' for, Guiding'! Why ya came 'er!" Apple Bloom said with all of the excitement a filly owed herself upon a grand realization.

"Ya just don't wanna be shy anymor' an ya figure ah can 'elp, right? Well, ah dunno if ah can 'elp ya, but ah know that ah can try! Maybe ya can come over to mah house tomorrow?" Apple Bloom asked, all smiles.

(OOC: Heh, close enough Apple Bloom.)

Guiding Light saw that Apple Bloom was giving him a strange look when he was trying to explain what he wanted. He was trying to be cryptic enough so that he didn't just say that he wanted to be Apple Bloom's possible special somepony. Yet he also couldn't be too cryptic so that Apple Bloom didn't know what was going on. This along with his almost crippling shyness cause a great problem for him.

But then was the moment of truth. "Ah know whatcher aimin' for, Guiding'! Why ya came 'er!"

Ok. She seemed to understand what he was saying. That was a good sign.

"Ya just don't wanna be shy anymor' an ya figure ah can 'elp, right? Well, ah dunno if ah can 'elp ya, but ah know that ah can try! Maybe ya can come over to mah house tomorrow?"

And then Light felt his heart sink a bit. He knew his shyness was a problem, and he'd give much to be confident. That was why he came to Zecora's hut: to find a special somepony yes but also to get the confidence to find one. Yet Light realized that maybe his words were too cryptic, because Apple Bloom made no indication that she understood that he wanted to become her special somepony.

But the Light thought of something. At least Apple Bloom was being a friend to him. She could of easily told him to go get stepped on by a manticore. But she didn't, and more importantly she saw his problem and was willing to help. So maybe he didn't instantly get a special somepony out of Apple Bloom, but he at least had a caring friend.

"Um... yeah," Light finally said to her, "That's exactly I was looking for: a friend whho can help me and of course just be my friend. So... um ... tomorrow then. Right ... um.... friend?"

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora smiled as Lightning Dancer barged back in "I am so happy for you! It seems your natural courage has shined through" She said nodding lightly, glancing over at the scene with Guide and AppleBloom..a soft snicker escaping her at how AppleBloom couldn't get the colts annoyingly cryptic hints that he wanted to be her boyfriend...well Zecora was glad AppleBloom was having none of that.. in Zecora's opinion they were all too young for such a thing!

Turning her attention to Fluttershy she smiled refilling her soup "Now Pardon me for being so crude Fluttershy, Is there anything I can do for you for passing by?" She asked, "If Soup will not satisfty I have a nice dandilion salad stashed nearby?"

Lightning cocked her head in confusion. Natural courage? Zecora had given her a sweet, fizzy, blue potion that had MADE her courageous! She didn't have natural courage, she was so insecure you could practically smell it on her. Infact, she was always picking on herself and eating carefully. But after she drank that potion, something inside of her just clicked! She didn't care what she looked like for once! She felt amazing, and beautiful, and if Regality didn't like her it was totally okay! But he had liked her, and now they were dating! Little flutters started in her stomach once more, but she didn't dare doubt herself again. This WAS going to work out, just like it had for HER parents.

"Now, Zecora, don't do that! Your potion made me courageous! I owe this all to you! But it was amazing, I just walked up to him, looked him in the eye, and said it! What on earth did you put in that thing? Could I have some of that for future use?"

She looked around to the other ponies. It seemed she had burst her way onto a complicated scene. There were a lot more ponies than before, including the beautiful Fluttershy. Perhaps she should have spoken a bit softer, and kinder. She really hoped she didn't scare Fluttershy. After all, she greatly admired a pony who could work so well with animals and foals.

"Um..." Now looking at Zecora,"I'm really sorry to interrupt, you seem really busy, but um, could you point the way to Ponyville? I haven't been down there in a while and I'll be out your mane immediately. I'm fairly certain that I could find some help down there. You seem pretty busy at the moment and the little filly out there seems like she needs some help." Pinoak says quietly while he gives a nod towards the filly out side, "And once my cart gets unstuck, I'll hopefully be able to treat you to a show as some kind of payment for the trouble and my rudeness. Sound good to you?"

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora chuckled since she didn't believe her" The only thing inside the bottle was frizzy fruit Juice! Zecora knew that your spritits needed a boost, So if you had results and a colt to call your own, then the Courage came from you alone" She said ruffling the filly's mane nodding " For Courage comes from within it's true, there is no real way to bottle or sell it to you..."

Glancing at Pineoak she smiled "Follow the glowing lanterns that make a trail, they will take you back to PonyVille, a show would be grand! Though you owe me nothing for giving you a hand"

She glanced at the Foal and motioned for her to come inside "Come on inside little one there is no need for you to hide! My door for you is open wide"

(OOC: this could get really funny... ;)

Shanna slowly came back out from behind the stump after the strangely excited unicorn came back, followed by a pegasus mare she thought might recognize her from Cloudsdale. Lightning Dancer, was it?

"Oh dear, Zecora is really busy today!"

She stroked the owl now not much bigger than herself, hoping she would not have to wait long before others leave.

Suddenly, Zecora forced the issue, waving at her to come in and asking her to do so.

The filly fluttered her tiny wings nervously and skittered in, sparing a glance at Lightning Dancer, thinking and hoping * ...Dont recognize me! dont recognize me! etc... *

Shanna blushed, seeing Fluttershy was indeed there and would recognize the pet owl, Blizzard. She hoped the notoriously shy mare would not bother to ask anything with so many ponies around.

It helped her comfort level there were other foals in the room so she could blend in somewhat. Faint blue dots would be visible all over her at close range though.

the bay filly gave a quick bow "Thank you Zecora." and added in somewhat rusty Unyasi < If you remember me, try not to use my name in front of Lightning Dancer. I'm embarrassed enough as it is... >

"Thank you so much! I'll let you know when the show is ready."

Pinoak waves his hoof good bye as he happily trots out of the hut and down the trail.

(OOC: I'm heading out of this rp. Really fun! When the show comes around y'all will love it.)

Guiding Light was increasingly a strange pony. Why was he so flustered even after she answered him in the best possible way? Someponies were just like that, she supposed. Guiding Light was chief among them apparently, mustering only above incredibly shy on the scale of social interactivity. No wonder the poor colt needed her help! Why, he could barely function even when things were going his way. She dared not consider him if she had given him a negative answer. Would he have shriveled away into the slowly fading light of the forest and thrown himself upon a Manticore in sadness? Probably! And the poor pony needed a potion just to get this far? Apple Bloom felt a swelling of sadness in her little heart for the colt and patted his mane, ruffling it by the end.

"We're friends fo sure, Guidin'! You can come over ta mah place tomorrow and have dinner and Ah'll teach ya all 'bout not being shy and learnin' ta have fun with everypony, sound like fun?" Apple Bloom asked excitedly, finishing ruffling his mane and moving over to the cauldron, eying up the soup intently.

"Mah belly's all manner of hurtin' from eatin' too much soup, but it's just so darn good! You should have a few more. Even if yer just ere' for shyness, too much of a good thing ain't a problem," She started to spool the slowly thinning soup into a bow before grabbing a spoon, getting a single large spoonful, and shoving it down Guiding Light's throat with authority.

"Well, maybe if ya ate too much, like me," She added, giggling as she left Guiding light there with soup and trotted back to Zecora, sitting nearly at attention awaiting the order to be of some use rather than eating all of her soup and talking up all of her customers.