EverFree Forest: Zecora's Home Remedies! (Ended and dead)

QuickLime

Guiding Light smiled as Apple Bloom talked to him and played with his mane. Whatever that potion was, it worked! There was still that issue with the word "friend." He was friends with other ponies, so did that make Apple Bloom just a friend? Then again Light only had friends who were colts. Maybe having a filly as a friend meant something different. Maybe it meant a fillyfriend was a special somepony. Light hoped that was true.

Before he could say anything to her, Apple Bloom stuffed his mouth with the strawberry mint stew. He overcame his surprise and swallowed the last of the stew. "Thanks, Apple Bloom."

Light then turned to Zecora who was so patient with him and his shyness and seeking a special somepony. "Um, Zecora? Do you need me to help you with anything?"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Gah, so much to respond to.. remind me to never get the far behind on RPs again...))

Fluttershy stood by little Applebloom for a while, just observing the Zebra's busy day. The filly was downing bowls of Zecora's stew at a rapid rate. Fluttershy couldn't really blame her, it was very tasty.

"Aww, Mr. Mittens? Wha' happened to 'im?"

There was something odd in Applebloom's voice, but Fluttershy replied, "Oh, the silly kitty just had a bad fall," she told her, omitting the part that the manticore had been chasing prey at the time. A concerned look crossed the pegasus' face. "Applebloom, are you all r..." she began, but was interrupted by Guiding Light approaching the filly.

"Well... um.... Apple Bloom, I was wondering, if you're not too busy with your Crusader friends..."

Fluttershy covered her grin with a hoof. Now she knew what the colt had needed 'courage' for, even if Applebloom didn't quite seem to understand. The pegasus from earlier then burst in again, shouting her thanks to Zecora for the same 'potion' that the zebra had given Guiding. She giggled. Zecora's solution to both of their 'problems' had been nothing more than to boost their confidence a bit.

Zecora approached her, refilling her stew.

"Now Pardon me for being so crude Fluttershy, Is there anything I can do for you for passing by? If Soup will not satisfty I have a nice dandilion salad stashed nearby?"

"Oh, no, Zecora, this is plenty," the pegasus assured her, "But thank you." Fluttershy got a thoughtful look on her face. "Now that you mention it, though, I could use some of your herbal shampoo. Angel has a case of dandruff..."

When Zecora gestured for yet another foal to enter, Fluttershy watched her in surprise. The little bay filly wasn't familiar at first glance, but the owl with her certainly was. She'd adopted Blizzard to a mare from Cloudsdale recently; she and her brother had each taken home an owl in fact. This filly closely resembled the twin pegusii. Perhaps a younger sibling? "Blizzard!" she called out happily to the owl. She placed the bowl on a table top nearby, then held out a forehoof to give the snowy owl a place to perch in the busy hut. "How nice to see you! How do you like Cloudsdale?" She then looked down at the filly. "Are you Shana's sister?"

Lightning Dancer stood dumbfounded. That was her own courage?! Surely Zecora was just lying and trying to make her feel better! She was a frady cat naturally, how could she possibly have-

Suddenly something in Lightning's mind clicked. She really WAS brave! And she was dating Regality, her best friend and the colt she had been in love with since she was just a foal! SHE had asked him out, and she had felt on top of the world. Zecora had made her THINK she was brave, and now she was! And she could be brave whenever she wished! From this moment on, she was going to be confident! She was going to take risks and leaps, she was going to live her life to the fullest.

Only, how could she possibly thank Zecora for helping her achieve this revelation?

Blizzard hooted happily as she saw Fluttershy and flapped her wings in excitement as she perched on Fluttershy's leg.

The owl hooted and made motions telling how much she liked Cloudsdale and her new friends there.

Meanwhile Shanna was blushing deeply as she looked up at Fluttershy, and squeaked out after a moment "Ummm, nnno not really..."

The bay filly then stood up on tip-toe hooves to whisper in Fluttershy's ear that she was Shanna,

Shanna then sat down and nodded sadly at the yellow pegasus. Blizzard gave the filly a warm hug and looked at Fluttershy with a sheepish shrug.

Lightning reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a small, blue silk coin purse with her initials "LD" on it. Regality had made it when they were just foals, and he gave it to her for Christmas. The colt was very crafty, and even though the purse had gone through many stitching repairs, Lightning refused to give it up. It was, perhaps, her most prized possession.

The filly reached deep inside and pulled out a handful of bits. Frustrated that she didn't know how much to pay Zecora for, she put the bits back in the purse and let out a sigh. The coins jingled and chimed as they clanked together inside the purse, which was shaking a bit from Lightning's figety joy.

"Zecora, how much do you charge?" Lightning asked, hoping Zecora accepted bits. Lightning wanted so badly to repay her for her kindness!

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora chuckled at Guiding and shook her head "Your kindness does inspire but no help do I require" She gave AppleBlooms mane a gentle ruffle "I have all the help I need right here, with my little Apple Dear" Besides she hardly knew Guiding, why would she have him in her shop when she hardly knew the colt that had just flirted shamelessly with AppleBloom... she now didn't feel terrible for only giving him fizzy juice.

Then her ears heard something rather surprising hearing her native tongue coming from a young Foal looking at the little one with a sheer look of surprise she managed to tell her in her own native tongue "/Do not fret your secret is safe with me/" probably the only known record of Zecora not rhyming; She shook her head and smiled glancing at Fluttershy before going up to her shelves and took a glass vial full of swirly golden colored slightly thick liquid , sitting it on the ground near Fluttershy "Here you are my dear it should do wonders for your Rabbit and make his fur all clear" She said and smiled.

The little one that returned surprised Zecora since she was the first to actually offer payment for Zecora's work "Two bits would be nice, so that is my price" She replied grinning softly nodding, though moved to pluck a few leaves from a plant hanging from the ceiling, resting them in front of AppleBloom.

"Chew these my Bloom,then next time not so much soup consume" She chuckled.

Guiding Light finished the bowl of stew in front of him. Zecora mentioned how she didn't need the help. In fact the zebra didn't appear too fond of the unicorn being in her shop. He wondered if it was due to asking Apple Bloom if she wanted to be his special somepony in front of Zecora that caused this.

With his stomach full and a smile on his face due to his success, he saw that the pegasus before had returned and gave Zecora two bits. He pulled out a three bits from his saddlebag and levitated them over to Zecora.

"These are for the potion and the great stew. I hope that you were ok with talking about, you know."

He then turned to Apple Bloom who was munching on some leaves, probably to calm her stomach after having too much stew.

"So... um... Apple Bloom. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. So... ok talk to you later!"

With that, Guiding Light exited the hut and proceeded home to Ponyville, excited at his newfound luck.

(Exit Guiding Light. Thanks for putting up with Light's shenanigans everypony!)

Lightning dug into her coin purse, pulling 2 bits from it quickly. She was so excited to get home and see her new colt-friend, but wanted to repay Zecora the right amount. Indeed, she found two bits and balanced them in her hoof, spotting how they gleamed in the dim light of Zecora's hut.

"Here you are, Zecora, two bits. Of course, I'm not sure I will ever be able to repay you what you deserve!"

Lightning placed the bits on the counter, then changed her mind and placed 4 down instead. Zecora deserved it! She reached her arm over for a tight hug. As she embraced Zecora, her mind raced to thoughts of her new life at home.

"Thank you, Zecora!!" Lightning hollered, skipping out of the hut gleefully. She waved everybody goodbye, then shut the door tightly. She was beginning a new adventure!

((OOC: Exit Lightning Dancer. Thank you all for the fun!))

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Zecora had a whole assortment of reliably effective cures for any number of ailments so Apple Bloom wasn't even momentarily set back when Zecora effortlessly found just the cure for her problem and handed the leaves to her. Apple Bloom may have once upon a time ate it straight but there was such delicious stew just a foot or two away, the solution was beyond obvious. She poured herself a bowl and stirred the leaves in it, humming warmly as she processed her soup cure with all of the excitement she could muster.

It probably wasn't the smartest move possible, but the true culprit was Zecora and her entirely too delicious soup. Besides, she was taking her herbal cure as prescribed- nothing could go wrong by combining it with soup, right? Of course, she probably shouldn't have any soup since that was what causing such havoc in her tummy. Maybe she had some sort of problem, but if she did, it was a wonderfully delicious addiction problem. It was almost worth having a hurtin' tummy. Almost.

She took in the delicious healing mix and could almost instantly feel the double whammy of the leaves going to work and the soup playing its devilishly delicious fiddle on her taste buds. She let out a long, contented sigh as she ruefully placed the bowl down and resolved to not have another bowl. She tossed her head towards Zecora.

"Well, thanks for that! Ah already feel better. Naw ya need ta let me help ya!" She bleated excitedly, bounding up to her and more or less waiting on some orders- kids weren't good at busywork when they were truly earnest.

• 2 weeks later...

"Here you are my dear it should do wonders for your Rabbit and make his fur all clear"

Fluttershy took the vial from the zebra and slipped it into her bags with her first aid supplies. It would be a challenge to get Angel take a bath with the shampoo, but the poor little bunny was so itchy that Fluttershy would have to risk upsetting him. She then fished a few bits out of her other bag and passed them to Zecora. "Um, that's for the shampoo and for the delicious stew..." she said. a little hesitantly. Though her hunger had driver her here, Fluttershy was now feeling a bit guilty for eating somepony else's food..

Fluttershy smiled brightly at Blizzard's animated actions. The owl was obviously happy with her new owner, which brought Fluttershy's attention back to the strangely familiar filly that had arrived with Blizzard. The little paint filly blushed at Fluttershy's question, and the mare looked down at her with a bit of confusion.

"Ummm, nnno not really..."

The filly reached up as though she wanted speak into the larger pegasus' ear. Fluttershy leaned down to her, and the filly whispered something that made Fluttershy's eye go wide in shock. She stepped back, taking a better look at the younger... no, not younger, just smaller, pony. "SHANNA?" she whispered in shock. Fluttershy stood in stunned silence for a moment, taking in the truth. "What... what happened??" she stammered out. Fluttershy was friends with Twilight Sparkle, one of the most powerful unicorns in Equestria, and she'd never heard of a magic that could reduce somepony's age! Wait: Or had she? Remembering the first time she had met Zecora, and the embarrassing effect a certain plant had had on her voice... "Um, Sha... err, I mean, did you run into a funny blue flower?" she asked, almost revealing the 'filly's' identity by accident.

Shanna was surprised the little red maned filly wearing a bow, or the colt that had just left, had not rushed over to meet the new filly, but she was not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

She looked up at Fluttershy when the gentle yellow mare gasped in shock and stammered out questions. The bay filly rubbed a hoof on the back of her own head sheepishly. "Y-yes... I-i crash landed into a big patch of them after that grumpy unicorn boss of mine accused me of acting like a foal."

She sighed "Just 'cause he's afraid to fly, dont' mean I have to put up with him taking it out on me and My... My partner in harness... I think a barrel roll was sufficient payback, dont you?"

• 4 weeks later...

Alright guys I got some good news and some bad news, the bad news is I am ending this thread, the good news is that I'm rebooting it however it will be taking place in PonyvilleMarket instead! So no more creepy woods -nod- It's going to be up soon so keep an eye out for it hn?)