Mythilogical creatures in equestria.

sevofthesands

I imagine that for any creatures based on humans (such as vampires and werewolves) there would be a pony equivalent, so it wouldn't be a huge stretch.

I want to see a kappa pony .−.

I'm not surprised to see any mythological creature "ponified" for FiM -- and it's interesting to see how it's flavored for Equestria and beyond.

Will we see more obscure mythological critters and characters? For sure!

Well the hydra, Cerburus, minotaurs and manticores are all bases out of Greek mythology (for those who aren't aware) so maybe we should be looking there for our next group of creatures... Chimera anyone?

I could already tell that creatures in Equestria are based on Greek Mythology. Take Discord for instance, he's based on the Chimera. And other creatures from mythology are Hydras, Manticores, and even Ceberus. (Hades's pet.)

I'm secretly hoping for either a Talos, Cyclops, or a Medusa creature soon. :)

In Luna Eclipsed, Sweetie Belle is dressed like Dracula and Scootaloo's the wolf man, meaning they do exists within the show's canon in some context. Whether they are fictional characters within the show, actual sentient beings, or an urban myth, or even of humanoid shape, it's currently up in the air.

As for me, I want to see a fishman, like the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I doubt humanoid and/or "anthro" figures exist.

However, the idea of vampirism and lycanism might not be too far of a stretch. I wouldn't doubt any mythological existance, especially due to Tartarus and Cerebus being canon.

Well, both the Diamond Dogs and Iron Will could be considered as 'humanoids' and 'anthros'.