Hurt/Heal WAR! Who is Best Pony?

Personally, I'm of the opinion that it makes the game more interesting if the players have to keep track of that sort of thing. :P

There are several types of complexity.

Notably these include:

*Game State Complexity (what is actually happening?)(Note that this only includes knowledge to which the player has been exposed)

*Strategic Complexity (what is the best route to victory?)

Games are improved when game state complexity is reduced, and strategic complexity is increased.

You are asking us to remember a post from the past that is difficult to find, even if we were on vacation at the time.

No, the game is better if everyone knows what is going on, something that your frequent updates on the score go miles towards achieving.

However, the fact that the rules in the original post are NOT being followed to a letter indicate that there is something else going on, and keeping the inner workings secret makes it hard for a newcomer such as myself to track the game even though I AM reading every post.

I have several more thoughts:

1. The rules state that you can vote once per three days on the hexing and power-ups. Has this rule been abandoned?
  2. The rules state that only one pony will receive the power-up or hex, unless there is a tie. Has this rule been abandoned?
  3. The rules state that hexing and powering up are unique events, and a pony can have both. The last accounting showed that they are being added and subtracted which makes way more sense. Can the original post be updated with the most up-to-date rules?
  4. My understanding and enjoyment of the game would increase if the following things were included in updates: current hexes and power-ups we are working towards, which day in the three day power-up cycle we are currently in, which ponies are currently hexed or power-uped.

Also, note the hexed list:

Hex:

Flim 2

Psycho Twilight 2

Granny Smith 1

Berry Punch 1

Zecora 1

Fluttershy 2

Celestia 7

Mrs. Cake 1

Rainbow Dash 1

Flim 1

Bon Bon 1

Flim's votes are slit across two entries.

• The rules state that you can vote once per three days on the hexing and power-ups. Has this rule been abandoned?
Yeah, I pointed that out to hinata2000100 awhile ago in a comment that they had allowed everyone to vote everyday, but they didn't seem to update. :/
  • The rules state that only one pony will receive the power-up or hex, unless there is a tie. Has this rule been abandoned?

Seems to. I guess you have to be following the topic to keep up with the changes in rules, because the OP isn't going to get updated.

• The rules state that hexing and powering up are unique events, and a pony can have both. The last accounting showed that they are being added and subtracted which makes way more sense. Can the original post be updated with the most up-to-date rules?
Apparently not. :lol:
  • My understanding and enjoyment of the game would increase if the following things were included in updates: current hexes and power-ups we are working towards, which day in the three day power-up cycle we are currently in, which ponies are currently hexed or power-uped.

Frequent updates to the OP would probably make this more enjoyable for me as well.

There are several types of complexity.

Notably these include:

*Game State Complexity (what is actually happening?)(Note that this only includes knowledge to which the player has been exposed)

*Strategic Complexity (what is the best route to victory?)

Games are improved when game state complexity is reduced, and strategic complexity is increased.

You are asking us to remember a post from the past that is difficult to find, even if we were on vacation at the time.

No, the game is better if everyone knows what is going on, something that your frequent updates on the score go miles towards achieving.

However, the fact that the rules in the original post are NOT being followed to a letter indicate that there is something else going on, and keeping the inner workings secret makes it hard for a newcomer such as myself to track the game even though I AM reading every post.

I have several more thoughts:

1. The rules state that you can vote once per three days on the hexing and power-ups. Has this rule been abandoned?
  2. The rules state that only one pony will receive the power-up or hex, unless there is a tie. Has this rule been abandoned?
  3. The rules state that hexing and powering up are unique events, and a pony can have both. The last accounting showed that they are being added and subtracted which makes way more sense. Can the original post be updated with the most up-to-date rules?
  4. My understanding and enjoyment of the game would increase if the following things were included in updates: current hexes and power-ups we are working towards, which day in the three day power-up cycle we are currently in, which ponies are currently hexed or power-uped.

Also, note the hexed list:

Flim's votes are slit across two entries.

The rules do seem like they quickly changed... Not entirely sure what's up there.

This game as a whole has had some issues in execution. Hexes/power up in general have been a rather confusing issue as far as when they're tallied, when they go in effect and even the very rules behind them early on in the game. I agree wholeheartedly there.

I maintain that players should at the very least know how they're votes will count when they cast them though, and that includes paying attention whether the pony is powered up or hexed or at max health or whatever else. For basic strategy in the game, I think that's important.

As for the Flim thing, yeah, that was an error. I'll fix it. :)

But, since the hexes and power-ups go into effect at random times (no set time or cut off), how can we know when they're in effect?

True... that is a definite problem... and one I don't really have an argument for. :/

Alright. I guess, in the future I'll try and inform people when they're wasting a vote like that then...

hey Phil, can you let us know your interpretation of the hexes and power-ups?

Specifically, what happens to each of these groups of ponies

• The pony with the highest positive to negative differential
  • Ponies with more positives than negatives
  • Ponies with more negatives than positives
  • The pony with the highest negative to positive differential

hey Phil, can you let us know your interpretation of the hexes and power-ups?

Specifically, what happens to each of these groups of ponies

• The pony with the highest positive to negative differential
  • Ponies with more positives than negatives
  • Ponies with more negatives than positives
  • The pony with the highest negative to positive differential

More hex points, a pony gets the hex; more power up, they get the power up. If scores are equal, they get nothing. The differentials don't matter. If after subtracting the power up points a pony has one hex point or twenty they get the same hex. Same thing if they have more power ups than hexes. Higher numbers just mean more of a buffer; putting lots of power up points on a single pony just helps protect her from being hexed.

How about a recent score?

Here you are:

Twilight Sparkle: 56 ( 56 MAX)

Rarity: 66 (66 MAX)

Pinkie Pie: ELIMINATED

Rainbow Dash: 32

Fluttershy: 40

Applejack: 60 (60 Max)

Applebloom: 47

Sweetie Belle: 24

Scootaloo: ELIMINATED

Princess Celestia: 31

Princess Luna: ELIMINATED

Princess Cadence: ELIMINATED

Queen Chrysalis: 48

Discord: 30

The Great and Powerful Trixie: ELIMINATED

The Mayor: ELIMINATED

Pinkamena (crazy Cupcake Pinkie) : ELIMINATED

Psycho Twilight (Lesson Zero Twilight) : 28

Cheerilee: ELIMINATED

Braeburn: ELIMINATED

Soarin: ELIMINATED

Spitfire: 19

Fancy Pants: ELIMINATED

Derpy Hooves: 50

Doctor Whooves: ELIMINATED

Lyra: 69 (69 MAX)

Bon-Bon: 50

Vinyl Scratch: 55 (55 Max)

Octavia: 56 (56 Max)

Granny Smith: 50

Big Machitosh: 50

Berry Punch: 34

Mrs Cake: 17

Mr. Cake: ELIMINATED

Pound Cake: ELIMINATED

Pumpkin Cake: 29

Flim 26

Zecora 33

Power up:

Twilight 2

Rarity 4

Zecora 3

Fluttershy 2

Flim 2

Celestia 12

Lyra 3

Discord 2

Rainbow Dash 2

Hex:

Flim 3

Psycho Twilight 2

Granny Smith 1

Berry Punch 1

Zecora 1

Fluttershy 2

Celestia 13

Mrs. Cake 1

Rainbow Dash 1

Bon Bon 1

Spitfire 1

Pumpkin Cake 1

Is there one day left after this one to vote on hexes, or is today the last one?

You know, I'm not really sure. Not sure if me taking control of it was a one time thing or if hinata was going to take the game back over now... :/

Okay. That's cool then. :)

It's beginning to look like Celestia's a lost cost when it comes to getting the power up this round, so my vote for today, before this thing closes is this:

Heal:

Celestia +5

Hurt:

Fluttershy -1

Hex:

Fluttershy x2