Mafia Round 2: Signup Thread

Conor will be the mod for this game, and I will be assisting him. I will update the OP again when I find out how he wishes to run the game. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE ON A REGULAR BASIS.

EDIT: Sign ups are now closed! Game 2 will start as soon as Conor has sent out all PMs and posts "Day 1 Start"

If you know all about mafia, feel free to skip to the bottom and add your name to the list!

Mafia is a classic party game. Each player is given a role and a team, and it is their job to ensure that their team wins. The two most common teams are Town and Mafia.

The game has two phases; Day and Night. During the Day phase, the Town will try to figure out which players are Mafia, while the Mafia will do their best to mislead the town. By the end of the day, the town will reach a consensus on who to lynch, and the selected player will be removed from the game. During the Night phase, the Mafia will talk amongst themselves via PM and select one person to kill. When a player has been removed from the game, they can no longer post in the game thread until the game has ended.

Win conditions:

- The Town faction wins when all Mafia have been captured.

- The Mafia faction wins when they make up half or more of the remaining players.

Typical Roles:

Cop

- Typically part of the Town Faction

- At night, you select one player to investigate by sending a PM to the game moderator. If the mod replies “guilty” then that person is Mafia. If the mod replies “innocent” then that person is pro town.

Doctor

- At night, you select one player to protect by sending a PM to the game moderator. If that player is targeted by the Mafia at night, they will not be killed. If another player is chosen by the Mafia, the player selected by the Mafia will be killed.

Mafia

- Part of the Mafia Faction

- At night, you may talk with your fellow Mafia and select one player to capture. Post your decision in the provided QuickTopic thread.

Other rules:

- Do NOT talk about the game outside of the game thread, unless your role specifies otherwise (ie, Mafia).

- Do NOT post your role PM. You are allowed to roleclaim, but do not copy/paste anything from your role PM.

- Do NOT post in the game thread after the Night phase begins.

- Do NOT post in the game thread after you have been removed from the game.

- Do NOT edit your posts during the game. You may edit by posting again after your first post, but clicking on the edit button and changing things is not allowed.

- Mafia may only talk with the members of their faction outside of the game thread during the Night phase.

- The length of the Day/Night phase is left up to the game moderator's discretion.

If you are interested in signing up, here's what you do!

- Put your name in the list below (If there aren't enough numbers, add one!)

- When the game begins, you will receive a PM with your role, and a link to the game thread.

- After “Day 1 start” is posted, you may begin.

Sign-up list

If you would like to read more about the Mafia game, click here to go to an excellent mafia wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Either DarkAura, or Conor and myself will be running this game. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE ON A REGULAR BASIS.

If I am running the game, it will move at a much faster pace than last time, and I believe that DarkAura will keep things moving quickly too. Both games will have many more roles than last time. I will update this thread with who will be running the game as soon as I find out.

If you know all about mafia, feel free to skip to the bottom and add your name to the list!

Mafia is a classic party game. Each player is given a role and a team, and it is their job to ensure that their team wins. The two most common teams are Town and Mafia.

The game has two phases; Day and Night. During the Day phase, the Town will try to figure out which players are Mafia, while the Mafia will do their best to mislead the town. By the end of the day, the town will reach a consensus on who to lynch, and the selected player will be removed from the game. During the Night phase, the Mafia will talk amongst themselves via PM and select one person to kill. When a player has been removed from the game, they can no longer post in the game thread until the game has ended.

Win conditions:

- The Town faction wins when all Mafia have been captured.

- The Mafia faction wins when they make up half or more of the remaining players.

Typical Roles:

Cop

- At night, you select one player to investigate by sending a PM to the game moderator. If the mod replies “guilty” then that person is Mafia. If the mod replies “innocent” then that person is pro town.

Doctor

- At night, you select one player to protect by sending a PM to the game moderator. If that player is targeted by the Mafia at night, they will not be killed. If another player is chosen by the Mafia, the player selected by the Mafia will be killed.

Mafia

- Part of the Mafia Faction

- At night, you may talk with your fellow Mafia and select one player to capture. Post your decision in the provided QuickTopic thread.

Other rules:

- Do NOT talk about the game outside of the game thread, unless your role specifies otherwise (ie, Mafia).

- Do NOT post your role PM. You are allowed to roleclaim, but do not copy/paste anything from your role PM.

- Do NOT post in the game thread after the Night phase begins.

- Do NOT post in the game thread after you have been removed from the game.

- Do NOT edit your posts during the game. You may edit by posting again after your first post, but clicking on the edit button and changing things is not allowed.

- Mafia may only talk with the members of their faction outside of the game thread during the Night phase.

- The length of the Day/Night phase is left up to the game moderator's discretion.

Rule changes:

These only apply if I am running the game. I am not sure how DarkAura will run her game. These changes are negotiable, so if you don't like something, let me know and we'll talk about it.

- No majority vote system. Whoever has the most votes at the deadline is lynched (this allows for the possibility of a double lynch; I will not do more than a double lynch, however).

- Night will last 24 hours. After that time, night actions will be randomly decided if you haven't sent them in.

- Day 1 will last 24 hours. All other day phases will last 3 days.

- There will be no "No Lynch" option in this game.

- If you do not post for two IRL days (and give me no notification in advance), I will send you a message and give you 24 hours to respond in the game thread. If you have not replied at that point, you will be modkilled. This deadline will be extended if the 24 hours ends during a night phase.

If you are interested in signing up, here's what you do!

- Put your name in the list below (If there aren't enough numbers, add one!)

- When the game begins, you will receive a PM with your role, and a link to the game thread.

- After “Day 1 start” is posted, you may begin.

Sign-up list

1. SilverSwirl

If you would like to read more about the Mafia game, click here to go to an excellent mafia wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Okay, since nobody seems to be signing up...I'll just set a deadline.

24 hours from now sounds good :)

Good luck and hope you have fun to everyone :D

---

​Deadline for signup is 24 hours from when this post was made.

Time is up, and sign ups are now closed! I'll be getting the thread ready and sending out role PMs to everyone who has signed up sometime later this evening. The PMs will contain a link to the game thread. Please don't post in there until you see "Day 1 Start" posted.