[Ponyville] Class Is In Session (Open to Ponyville Fillies and Colts)

SteelEagle

Timid had to concede that his stability was not very good at the moment as he nodded to Miss Cheerilee. He nodded his head slightly to avoid aggravating his aching noggin any more than he had already. The bump on his head wasn't massive but it was noticeable as he wobbled over to a nearby floor pillow and flopped into it. "Miss Cheerilee, I'll stay here until they come back.", he answered her from his comfy resting place as he waited for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo to return. He yawned and wriggled into a more comfy position on the pillow, staring towards the front of the class, eyes closing slowly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

silver_spoon_sig_by_dignifiedjustice-d4bvfp1png_zps4ebbbae3.jpg

Silver Spoon was hoping to have avoided having to give a presentation so early in the lineup, but at least this gave her the chance to go up to the front of the class and show the less fortunate what a proper book report was like.

[colour=#a9a9a9]"Certainly Miss Cheerilee!"[/colour] Well that came out more enthused then she had intended. She was feeling rather well rested and full of energy now that her in-class nap was over. With a huff Silver Spoon gathered her materials, a few pieces of paper and a small silver locket in the shape of a heart. She trotted to be before the class and placed the locket around her neck as she cleared her throat.

[colour=#a9a9a9]"My book report was on The History of Silver Smithing in a modern Pony world." [/colour]She started out by talking about what Silver Smithing really was and what compelled the world of smithies to be dealing in silver. Her report went into such detail as to give the names of the first few great silver smithing ponies and even items that they were famous for making. One of them was even famous for making small lockets like the one she had around her neck. She knew her book report wasn't like any other ponies since she did hers on a more niche thing rather then doing it on a fictional book. She finished her book report by referencing a quote from the book.

"A real relationship is like the finest crafted silver, it might have taken a lot of beating and heating to get it to be how it is now but it is stronger and worth more now then before." -Unknown

[colour=#a9a9a9]"Any questions?" [/colour]Silver grinned, she was exceedingly happy with herself as she adjusted her glasses and looked out at the class for some reason thinking that they were all going to clamor for attention.

Sweetie Belle paused and looked in concern to Timid there... she whispered to Apple Bloom, [colour=#800080]"I'll catch up with you real quick!"[/colour] and dashed off, her little hooves churning quickly, to get to the ice machine. She took a little hand towel, laid it out on the floor, and grabbed the scoop firmly with her teeth to scoop out a large pile of ice onto it, then spilled half of it away as she tied a knot with the four corners of the towel. She grabbed the knot, and went trotting back to class, little clicky-clacky noises sounding as the ice cubes fell out the sides in a long trail back to Timid.

By the time she reached him, there was only about six or eight ice cubes left in the makeshift carrier, and she set it down a moment as she studied his head... what had Rarity said to her when she'd last bumped her noggin?

[colour=#800080]"Ouch,"[/colour] she said sympathetically, [colour=#800080]"You look like you're growin' a second horn there, Timid! Here, let's take care of that..."[/colour] Her hoof carefully smoothed over his mane, and she gave a lil' kiss to the poor colt's big lump, then picked up the towel full of ice and carefully set it down on his head.

[colour=#800080]"You stay still, but don't go to sleep! You be sure to tell Miss Cheerilee if you start going to sleep!"[/colour] She nodded, and then galloped back towards the bathroom where Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were waiting, slipping only once on a stray ice cube and stumbling a few steps, then running on.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheerilee looked up at the clock, it was already midday. She sighed, things hadn't gone exactly according to plan, yet again, when did they ever? Still she was ready for this inevitable realization; that not all the students had a chance to do their book reports before lunch. Surely some foals would see that fact as a reprieve, and perhaps it was, but only for a day. Cheerilee gave her best cheerful face though, [colour=#800080]"I'm afraid we are out of time for this morning class. Thank you Silver Spoon for your report on silver smiting, it was very informative!" [/colour]

The school mare walked to the front of the class and faced the students, [colour=#800080]"for those who haven't had a change to give their reports yet, you'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to give them I'm afraid." [/colour] Not surprisingly, not only were there were a lack of groans and disappointment from the students in learning of this postponement, but a few bright smiles. It made Cheerilee wonder, were some of those huge grins from students who didn't do their reports? Well, it didn't matter now, today was their lucky day.

[colour=#800080]"Now for the good news! After lunch we will be doing our big project for the week! A science project! And you all know how much fun those can be, even if the last time a few of you elected to make stink bombs."[/colour] Fortunately this time, it is about physics and not chemistry, so there is a lot less of a chance for mischief. [colour=#800080]"Details will follow when you get back inside, for now, class dismissed for a half hour for lunch!"[/colour]

Before Cheerilee could use the lunch break for setting up the project, she had to check to see what the Crusaders were up to, which with their reputation, could be just about anything. Before she could even do that though, the purple school mare needed to make sure poor Timid Star was going to be alright and that she wouldn't have to send for one of the Ponyville nurses.

The mauve coloured teacher sat down before the thin unicorn so she could talk to him at eye level; something she learned usually makes foals feel more at ease. [colour=#800080]"How are you feeling hon? Is the ice pack Sweetie gave you helping?"[/colour]

It would seem that Haywire's wildest dreams have been fulfilled! No more book reviews today! The rust coloured filly should be jubilant, but she's not. All she could think about was how those loose marbles on the floor caused injury to ponies she truly cared about. Silver Spoon's words played back repeatedly in her mind, only causing the blonde filly to fall deeper into sadness. How could she have been so careless? Now she was fighting not to start crying. She had to do something, anything to try to make this right.

[colour=#B22222]"Miss Cheerilee," [/colour]Haywire meekly spoke, [colour=#B22222]"is there anythin' I kin do to help mah injured classmates?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Timid managed a weak but grateful smile to Sweetie Belle as she put the pack on his head. He immediately felt the chilling cold seep into his bump, sighing in relief. His cheeks flushed slightly at the light kiss to his forehead, slightly embarrassed. "Thanks, Sweetie Belle. Oh I'll be sure to let Miss Cheerilee know!", he called after her, watching her gallop off.

It was lunchtime?! No more reports today?! And a science project afterwards! Timid couldn't wait to see what it was all about! However, it seemed that Cheerilee had seated before him to talk to him at eye level. He smiled, his hazel eyes bright and aware. "It's helping, it stopped hurting. I think I'm okay...", he answered, a little unsure if he would wobble some more if he got up from his pillow. "Maybe you could let me eat here? I don't know if I'll wobble when I walk again, Miss Cheerilee...", he added, a bit morosely. He didn't like his bad luck, especially when it smarted this much before the ice pack took care of that.

Guiding Light's eyes glazed over a bit when listening to Silver Spoon give her report. It wasn't the way she said it, but learning about silversmithing was about as fun for the yellow colt as going to the dentist. Why, anything worse that he could hear would be about dress making or other girly stuff. The distraction of Timid getting hurt and the Cutie Mark Crusaders parading to the bathroom didn't help his concentration.

As luck should have it, the teacher announced lunchtime. That, an upcoming science project, and the relief the colt had with finishing his book report put a smile on his face.

[colour=#daa520]"Hey Timid," [/colour]he said to the unicorn nearby, [colour=#daa520]"Do you want to sit with me for lunch?"[/colour]

It was the least he could do to hopefully cheer up the colt.

Snips sat slumped in his chair while a few more of his classmates gave their presentations. He could tell by Miss Cheerilee's reaction that he probably hadn't gotten good marks on his report. It wasn't the first time he'd gotten bad grade, and probably wouldn't be the last, but that didn't mean he had to like it. With head head down close to the desk, he heard the marbles pouring out over the floor. He quickly pulled his hooves up out of the way, but Applebloom and Timid weren't so lucky. The colt winced as even Miss Cheerilee slipped on the runaway marbles. That had happened to him once too, when a 'disappearing marble trick' hadn't worked quite to plan.

Snips ignored Silver Spoon's presentation. Stuff about silver smithing might have been interesting, but he and Snails had been on the receiving end of teasing from Diamond Tiara and her friend too often for him to pay any attention to the pair. Finally though, when the filly sat down, Miss Cheerilee released then for lunch. The fact that they were going to do a science project next cheered him up a bit, though he winced at the mention of the stink bombs. It had been an accident! Really! Well, he hadn't meant for them to go OFF at least...

With a sigh, he slipped out of his chair and began rooting in his book bag for his sack lunch. He found that the bag looked rather lop-sided. With a groan, he realized that the giant library book had squashed his lunch. "Aww, stupid book!" he said aloud in frustration. "I'm taking you back where you belong right after school!" Snips then looked around and spotted his tall, orange friend. "C'mon Snails," he said, dejectedly, "At least we can get outside for a bit."

((OOC: Going to NPC Snails for a bit while we wait for someone new to apply for him. :) ))

With a very determined face Silver Spoon trotted out of the class room and right to her favorite spot under a tree in the school yard. For some reason, today she fancied herself a nap and with this lunch break it gave her the perfect time to squeeze one in.

[colour=#a9a9a9]"They could have at least clapped for me, I don't even care that most of them didn't even listen. But it sure would have been nice to at least get some sort of appriciation from them for having such a lengthy and in depth report." [/colour]Silver mummbled out as she removed her glasses and sat them atop her book that she at one point planned on reading on her lunch break. With a sigh she stretches out and yawns before contorting back up into a sitting position, closes her eyes, and slowly drifts away. Perhaps this time her nap wouldn't be interrupted as it had been oh so many times before.

OOC- Was waiting on somepony.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom did n't think her rump was in major need of a medical evaluation, but anything for a breather to get Sweetie Belle away from the classroom. She was a shy filly sometimes, too shy by Apple Bloom's reckoning or reasoning, but the cutie mark crusaders stuck by each other despite niggling neurosis and other tangible and intangible flaws. Heck, they were all blank flanks anyway, might as well sign each other up for a lifetime of friends with issues! Scootaloo wasn't talking, Sweetie Belle was shy, and Apple Bloom had a rump being roasted with a sore. Sweetie helped Timid who really did look like he was about to grow a second horn and soon the trio were on their way.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ya know Sweetie Belle, ya don't have much reason ta be afraid. Why, yer one of the smartest ponies Ah know, and ya have a pretty voice to boot! If ya'd just imagine that the whole class was a buncha chickens, ya'd be too busy keepin' a straight face ta be scared! Bawkaawwwk! Bawkaawwwk!" [/colour]She let loose, ending with a firm chuckle as she tried to lighten the mood. What were friends for if not for lightening the mood when your chest drew in tightly and your head swam in a thousand horrifying possibilities, your hooves clammy and your body shockingly cold? She knew the feeling, so hopefully the last bit of Sweetie's anxiety could be melted away. They needed to focus momentarily on Apple Bloom's flank, anyway, as they reached the bathroom.

[colour=#ff0000]"Alright, let's get it done super fast. Ah'm starving!"[/colour]

8nMQp.png

There had been a few agonizing minutes between Cutie Mark Crusaders leaving and Miss Cheerilee dismissing the class for lunch. The moment she did, Nursery Rhyme dashed off, her trusty first aid kit with all the colourful band-aids of different sizes and qualities by her side. She also had an assortment of ointments and salves, for different kinds of injuries, ranging from simple paper cuts over insect stings to complex fractures, though she wasn't sure what that meant.

She reached them soon after she had left the class room. After all, the school house wasn't especially big.

[colour=#dda0dd]"W..wait.. C..can I h-help you maybe?"[/colour] He said, a little out of breath, but mostly from excitement.[colour=#dda0dd] "I h..heard you want to be doctors n..now, and I'm a cert.. certified nurse in training. I mean, it's certified th..that I t-train as a nurse."[/colour] She shuffled her hooves, shyness setting in: [colour=#dda0dd]"M..maybe I could h...help..... you?"[/colour]

Cheerilee was proud of her students, so many of them so willing to leap forward and help out a classmate in need. Haywire's fine gesture, though having her near anything fragile - including Timid's noggin - was a bit uncertain, was nonetheless much appreciated. And Guiding Light offering to give up his recess! [colour=#800080]"Yes, of course,"[/colour] she said with a bright smile to the two students. [colour=#800080]"You two stay here and have a nice little lunch with Timid Star, but only if you can both promise me that you will keep it very quiet for poor Timid, and to come and get me if he starts to go to sleep. He could get very sick if he falls asleep, so fetch me, but don't try to wake him up yourself!"[/colour] She hoped that took care of all the contingencies... one thing about foals is that they always surprised you!

And a relief, too - she needed to get ready for the big surprise project! but first ...

While it wasn't too unusual for a group of girls to go to the bathroom together, these were the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The whole lot of them together didn't cause as much trouble as Haywire, but when they did cause trouble, it was big! The last time they'd caused trouble for her, she'd almost lost her mind, quite literally, over Apple Bloom's brother! Sighing softly to herself, she headed off towards the bathroom to make sure nothing was about to go wrong. [colour=#800080]"Oh, girls?" [/colour]she called quietly as she opened the door into the restroom.

• 2 weeks later...
By the time Nursery Rhyme had made her way into the restroom, Sweetie Belle had applied about 23 different band-aids. Five were hanging off of Sweetie Belle's own muzzle, another four were sticking to her hooves or forelegs, one was flopped up off of her left ear, and one was stuck to the tip of her tail. One had gotten on one of Scootaloo's wingtips. Another five were stuck to the sink, three were plastered flat against the floor, one somehow had made it to the ceiling, and one was caught up in Apple Bloom's tail. The one last band-aid had actually made it onto Apple Bloom's rear end, though it had half-folded over and was stuck to itself.

Sweetie Belle was in the middle of trying, yet again, to get one of those pesky little rubber-band paper envelope thingies open, pinning it to the floor with one hoof as she ripped the end off with her teeth. The band-aid came up with her muzzle as she pulled away, and she peered cross-eyed at it for a moment, then carefully... oh-so-carefully, reached up with one hoof to take hold of it. She grabbed one tab delicately in her teeth, and peeeeeeeeled it slowly away... then turned the band-aid over and peeeeeeled the other paper tab off of it, leaving nothing left but the sticky band-aid itself. Stuck to her hoof. She had learned by now not to shake her hoof, though, and caaaaaarefully moved it over towards Apple Bloom's rear end, her lil' pink tonguetip sticking out the side of her mouth. "I think I got it this time, Nursery Rhyme! Thanks, though!" she chirped up cheerfully, as she sloooowly applied the band-aid. There! She pulled her hoof away and the band-aid came with it.

[colour=#800080]"OH COME ON!"[/colour] she cried in frustration, sitting down on the floor and shakeshakeshaking at the stuck band-aid till it flew up into the air and started drifting down.

[colour=#800080]"Augh. I don't think I'm going to be a doctor OR a nurse!"[/colour] Sweetie Belle said in frustration. [colour=#800080]"Besides, we're really just sticking around in here till Miss Cheerilee runs out of time, so I don't have to give my book report!"[/colour]

She said. As Miss Cheerilee came into the restroom to find a band-aid floating down out of the air to land right on the tip of her muzzle.

Silver Spoon found herself nodding off as she laid under the tree there not sure that she would make it through the rest of the day without sleeping. But the better question was why was she so sleepy and why did it seem that when she wasn't doing something to keep herself active and awake she was slowly falling into a nice...peaceful...slum- and she was out. Eyes closed breathing softly, just laying there under the tree passed out now as she slowly sprawls out. Her mind running rampant with thoughts about Silverware and properly folding napkins and the like of fancy life.

[colour=#a9a9a9]"Right corner fold first..."[/colour] She mutters as she rolls over and swishes her tail about a bit. Maybe something would happen that would be able to wake her up and keep her awake for the day, she didn't want detention after all that was where the not-so-cool ponies went.

Cheerilee opened the door to the small washroom in the back of the schoolhouse, knowing full well that she could expect almost anything when it came to the antics of the "Cutie Mark Crusaders". The three rambunctious three fillies had their hearts in the right place and never were malicious in their intent, but they sure did cause a lot of unintentional mayhem when the three of them got the notion of crusading in their head.

For a brief moment of surprise Cheerilee thought that perhaps indeed one of the fillies was indeed ill as she unexpectedly found Nursery Rhyme along with Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Applebloom. The schoolmare's fears though were quickly replaced with annoyance as she caught the tail end of Sweetie Belle's explanation of why the CMC was really in the washroom.

Cheerilee just stood there with a silent, flat expression of disappointment for a few seconds as one of the many bandaids Sweetie Belle managed to get everywhere landed on the purple mare's snout. That silence was broken at first by a sigh, those three were at it again. [colour=#800080]"Girls! I want you all out of the bathroom and outside for lunch! Now!"[/colour] Cheerilee pulled the bandaid off her face with a miffed expression, [colour=#800080]"except you Sweetie Belle, you can have lunch with your friends, once you clean up all the bandaids off the floor… And the walls… And the sink."[/colour]

Cheerilee turned around and was about to step back out after the other three fillies when she stopped herself and looked back, [colour=#800080]"Oh and I think we do have time for just one more book report after lunch; and Sweetie Belle, I believe it will be your turn, I hope your report is ready."[/colour]

With luck, every other student was still staying out of trouble.

He regarded Guiding Light with a weak smile at the gesture. He appreciated the company and nodded his head slowly. With a little effort, he shifted to a seated position on the pillow, regarding Haywire a little warily. She had a tendency for mischief but he owed her twice now for getting him out of serious jams in the past. His eyes shifted to Cheerilee as she explained to them that they were to keep quiet for him and to make sure he didn't fall unconscious or something. "Y-yeah, you can eat with me... I'd appreciate it. Could you get my lunch sack though? It's in my bag next to my desk...", he replied softly, pointing a hoof towards the back of the classroom.

Guiding Light smiled as Miss Cheerilee agreed for him to stay with Timid. So what if he was giving up his time eating lunch outdoors? He felt it was his pleasure, nay (or is it neigh) his duty to help make sure that Timid was ok.

[colour=#daa520]"Sure," [/colour]Light said excitedly but then remembered the rule of not doing anything loud near Timid and quickly softened his voice, [colour=#daa520]"Oh sorry, I'll go get your lunch."[/colour]

The yellow colt then trotted past the desks to the back of the class where the lunches were stored. At first Light wasn't sure he'd be able to pick out Timid's bag from among the other classmates, but thankfully the majority of lunches were gone with the ponies outside. Finding a bag that he believed to be Timid's as well as his own, Light levitated them with his magic and brought them back to the hurt colt.

[colour=#daa520]"Is this you lunch bag?" [/colour]

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Sweetie Belle was actually not so bad with the band-aids, really. She applied it with care and that was sometimes better than the occassionally harsh help that was provided otherwise. But...well, care didn't help matters much when band-aids spent more time on the ceiling, on faces, on wall, in sinks, on toilets, and somehow inside of Apple Bloom's mane instead of on the bruise itself. It didn't really matter though- Apple Bloom could grin and bare it, her life on the farm filled with cuts, bruises, broken bones and other lessons learned through physicality. She earned her good night's sleep as well as her siblings did, and one of the results was a certain degree of pain tolerance. It hurt, but she could just deal with it. Or if it became too painful, more professional help...Nursery Rhyme was there and if worst came to worst she'd know what to do.

After the final band aid attempt failed, sticking to her rear closer than the others, Sweetie gave up in frustration. Apple Bloom laughed, messing up her friend's mane as the situation came to a head.

[colour=#ff0000]"It's alright, Sweetie Belle! At least we're savin' ya from tha book report, right?"[/colour] She nodded towards Nursery Rhyme, [colour=#ff0000]"and Ah'll be okay, 'cause we have a certified nurse right here!"[/colour] She finished in good cheer- then Cheerilee entered, a band aid on her nose the invitation she needed to eye up Sweetie Belle like a criminal. She then ordered the fillies out, except for Sweetie Belle.

It was true that maybe they deserved a little punishment, but heck, they had all participated in it- Apple Bloom wouldn't allow Sweetie to do it alone, and she was sure that Cheerilee would understand. Hopefully. After all, they'd all done it, and they should pick up the pieces- literally.

[colour=#ff0000]"Uhhh, Miss Cheerilee, could Ah stay back an' help Sweetie pick it'll up? Ah mean, it'as mah bruise she's tryin' ta place it on, after all,"[/colour] Apple Bloom pleaded, utilizing puppy dog eyes.

8nMQp.png

"W..well, I'm not quite c-certified yet..." Rhyme mumbled, shuffling her hooves some more. "B-but I do know how to apply band-aids!"

She did. She had spent a lot of time and band-aids practising on her friends and relatives. It wasn't that hard. It was kind finicky to peal off the paper bits without getting them stuck in your coat, but that was nothing that intense training couldn't make up for.

But it seemed her (almost) professional band-aid application skills would have to wait, since Miss Cheerilee ushered them outside the filly restroom, so they could finally have their lunch break. Sweetie and Apple Bloom stayed behind, apparently to clean up the mess they had left behind. So she returned to the school yard alone, with her lunch. A hay sandwich with extra daisies, and a big juice box (red fruit mix, her favourite).

She just stood there, uncertain where to take her lunch. All the usual spots were already taken by groups of friends. So she conceeded to just stand next to the door, in the shade, thinking about her options, while her lunch break slowly ticked away.

LUNCH TIME!

Usually little Pinchy was the first to sprint to the cubbies, but she wasn't today. Where was she? Face-in-hoof, snoozing away. Pinchy! How rude! Though maybe she shouldn't have tried coffee that morning in the hopes that it would help her with her project. Kinda forgot to take the crash into consideration.

==============================================================================

The waves rocked the hull, thunder crackling over the black sea as The Pinchpocolypse cut through the water like a dragon with a fever through butter. A magnificent vessel, 3 decks of pie cannons, ready to destroy whatever salty dogs were brave enough to take on Pretty Pony Pirate Princess Captain Ruby Pinch! She stood by her first mate, Mr. Fluffums, who operated the wheel. Fluffums was a hardy man, and ran a tight ship.For a giant talking teddy bear with an eyepatch, he commanded a lot of respect among the crew. Pinchy stood beside him, an Equestrian Admiral's coat dyed white and pink, her Captain's hat done in the same manner, a golden pony skull sitting in the center. She was a fair Captain, if not eccentric, but what can you expect of a royal pirate? Honestly.

Her eyes in the sky, Lady Stuffington kept her telescope true, and was best at sniffing out fortune. For being a young aristocrat fresh out of the box at a doll store, she fell into piracy rather easily. Her cannoneers listened for the Lady's signal, knowing today they would have some loot... Bob, her Senior Cannoneer, kept the toys on their toes.

But then... What was this?! "Avast! Not-nice vessel, port-side!" Pinchy looked with glee, but the smile soon vanished from her face. It was her Rival. Admiral Tiara... She always thought she was so good cuz she had TWO ships. Showoff. The ships pulled in close, ready for battle! The uppity pony on the other ship laughed hardily. "Oh Pinchy, you little twerp! You cannot defeat me here, even with Captain Spoon's ship elsewhere. So why don't you just give me your loot and be on your dim-witted way?" About her were griffons, diamond dogs, and other ponies looking mean and green. Must be something going around on board... ANYWAY:

"Never, Admiral! This ends today! Or my name isn't Pretty Pony Pirate Princ-!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, we get it, can we, like, get this over with?"

Hmph. Rude. Pinchy quickly turned to her crew and shouted "GIVE THEM ALL OF THE PIES!" To which Bob gave the order: "FIRE BROADSIDE!" The side of The Pinchpocalypse burst with sugary goodness, sending many pies at the Admiral and her fiendish crew. Many of her pirates were hit and fell back, including her first mate, who only mumbled 'so... delicious~...' before falling into a sugary trance of unconsciousness.

"Oh YEAH?!" replied Diamond "Well my daddy owns a danish factory now, and they're the BEST. Fire the danishes!" Pinchy saw the pastries fly at her, and suddenly there was a flash!

====================================================

Pinchy's head had slipped off her hoof and hit her desk, making the pink filly sit up in her seat and rub her forehead "Oww... Oh! Lunchtime!" And then she was up and away, going to fetch her lunch. She hoped mommy made peanut butter and banana today! That was her favorite.

The fight for the Equestrian blue could wait another day... or until second period.

• 3 weeks later...
Sweetie Belle looked up at Miss Cheerilee in absolute horror. Oh no! oh no! Now Cheerilee was going to find out that Sweetie had *tried* to do the assignment, but had totally failed! And everypony was going to laugh at her! Just because she couldn't put one band-aid in twenty on right! Her little brain scrambled for meaning in this mess!

Excuses? No, no, excuses never worked. And she couldn't think of any.

Distractions? ... Nope, she was fresh out. And Cheerilee didn't look like she'd forget about the sentence.

Skipping class? ... ... ... ... mmnnnnnn.... nooooo... that would probably make things worse. Tempting, though! Future-Belle's problem! But no.

So it came down to it. Her ultimate weapon of last resort.

Her lower lip trembled. Her eyes got really really big and watery. She sniffled, and a faint half-sob came from the lil' filly. The corners of her mouth turned down, down, down, into a huge sad frown. "I ... I'm s-sorry, Miss Ch-cheerilee." she said, her voice catching on the sadness evident in her very being, the little filly about to burst into despairing sobs. "I ... I've l-learned my lesson! I d-don't want to waste everyp-pony's time when they're all so eager to g-get to the after-lunch project!"

After all, it always worked on Rarity! And Rarity was the one who'd taught it to her!

Silver woke up from her quick little nap and yawned looking around. No one else was around in the school yard making her start to panic.

"Oh my, seems that I really need to sleep more when I return home. But for now I should try to keep my eyes open and focused on the tasks and adventures ahead of me!" She strikes a very triumphant and heroic pose as she attempts to crack her back also. She quickly trots back into the school and slides quickly into her desk making sure that no one saw her. She had been talking to herself almost all day wondering why Diamond Tiara wasn't in class today. It would have been interesting if Diamond Tiara was here to give presentations as well. At least she would have given a review of something that was of higher class caliber. She let out a small yawn before she rubbed her eyes and looked around for Cheerilee. Seeing that she was grilling Sweetie Belle gave her plenty of time to shuffle her papers about and find a very good cover page to...lay her...no! Must stay awake!

"Cheerilee if you don't mind me interrupting quick. After we take care of the reports what would we be doing next?" She spoke slowly and softly hoping that Cheerilee would hear her and not still be upset to the point that she were to turn the heat onto her.

Cheerilee watched as Sweetie Belle gave perhaps the most adorably crestfallen expression of desperation that any pony in Equestria may have ever witnessed. No doubt many a pony would have caved in instantly as their heart melted in sympathy for Sweetie's façade of the truly sorry precious little filly, and Cheerilee even felt a slight twinge out of instinct.

Cheerilee also knew better, she has seen this trick a hundred times before, although not pulled off quite so well as the saccharine display before her. In fact she had seen this exact variation before! She offered her own sincere, understanding smile, "that is very selfless of you Sweetie Belle in putting the class first before your own concerns, but I am sure that your report will be quite informative and educational, and as such that certainly would be proper use of the class' time, wouldn't you agree?"

The purple schoolmare turned around and began to walk out the door back into the hall to the main classroom before she stopped and looked back for a moment, "and Sweetie Belle thank you for taking me back to a nostalgic moment in my own fillyhood. I remember one time myself and a classmate got in trouble at the Ponyville summer fair one day, and she used that exact same expression you have right now in an attempt to get us out of the trouble, I assure you, that we were guilty of. Her name is Rarity, I believe you know her."

Cheerilee faced forward again, smiling broadly, "it didn't work then, and it isn't going to work now; I'll expect your report as soon as lunch is over so hurry along now and pick up every band aid." As she walked out into the hall, Cheerilee nodded towards Applebloom, "that'll be fine Abby, I understand. Be sure to hurry though so you two can eat before lunch ends, your friend Scootaloo can help too."

As she entered the classroom to get her own lunch and to see how Timid was fairing, Cheerilee was surprised to see that Silver Spoon came back in as well. "Well its a surprise Silver, but I will say it is an experiment in physics that will require you each to be creative as well a cooperative." She tapped her hoof to her chin for a moment in thought, "well that sounded a bit dry, how about if I say you get to drop things from the top of the schoolhouse to see if they break, that surely sounds like fun!"

8nMQp.png

Ultimately, Nursery settled for a stop right next to the schoolhouse, in the shade of some nearby trees. None of her friends seemed to be anywhere in sight, so she flipped open the big medical encyclopaedia she carried around most of the time and flipped it open at her bookmark, the letter M, and started to read while idly nibbling at her lunch.

She sometimes stopped between two bites and looked at one of the more graphic illustrations or big words she didn't know yet, then continued to chew, taking small sips of her juicebox inbetween, barely taking notice of the usual buzz on the schoolyard. She had flipped ahead a little, and knew that she would soon reach the letter N, and then, it would be only 13 letters until she knew everything in this encyclopaedia. She wasn't sure if that was something that was actually useful, but it was something to work towards to while she was still in grade school.

She looked up after she had finished her sandwich, but still her friends where nowhere in sight. So she continued reading, since the lunch break would probably will be over soon anyway.

Timid appreciated the gesture as Guiding Light went to the back and returned with the lunch bags. He looked it over and nodded, smiling as he took it in his hoof. He gingerly opened the sack and took out the omelets on bread with ketchup and cheese. He sniffed them and sighed, truly grateful that they weren't damaged. "Thanks, Guiding Light... It is my lunch bag.", he replied gratefully to the colt, watching as Pinchy woke up and ran outside to join the others. He rummaged around a bit more and pulled out the juice box to place it beside the toasted omelet sandwiches. He eyed the package and saw that it was the island fruit variety and he giggled, eyes bright and quite pleased at how things were turning out now. He closed his eyes and silently thanked his parents before tucking into the food at a leisurely pace, starting to forget that he had hit his head not too long before lunch.

Archived