Upcoming FiM Story Project. Input is Needed.

RarityDash

I've been writing fanfiction for years now, and have always found it a fun hobby. I've already written a number of MLP;FiM shipping fanfics (more on those can be found here), but I've kind of reached a block with those. :sleep: The ideas just aren't coming to me anymore. So yeah, I've decided to go a completely different direction for now.

My next FiM fanfic will be a multi-chapter adventure story tentatively called My Little Pony: Darkness and Dawn. It will tell the tale of Dazzle Dawn, a cheerful and kind unicorn student from Canterlot. Easily distracted and maybe a little dense, she is nevertheless a pony committed to learning all she can about how to use her magic for the benefit of all Equestria. Dazzle is struggling to cope with the very sudden, mysterious disappearance of her dearest and longest friend, Arcana, when suddenly Canterlot is besieged by mysterious happenings

A stampede of various beasts suddenly attacks the city at once! In the midst of the chaos, a mysterious purple crystal engulfs the castle whole, sealing Princess Celestia and her sister deep inside. As the whole city watches, stunned at what is unfolding before their eyes, a single figure draped in dark flames is seen flying from the castle. For just a second, Dazzle swears this figure looks just like Arcana. The young pony leaves shortly after on a harrowing quest to uncover the truth, meeting many friends and dangers along the way.

This story will showcase my OCs, both new ones, like Dazzle and Arcana, and the ones I've designed for the RP here, in major roles. However, I need a little more than just that. You see, for this story's setting and locations, I will be taking inspiration from the Equestria used for the RP here. And, well, obviously I'm not going to populate the whole of Equestria with just my own characters and the characters from the show (who will appear mostly in supporting roles).

Which brings me to why I made this thread. I'm not going to use anypony's characters without permission, but I do need a lot of ponies to make Equestria come alive for this story. If you want me to include your characters in my story as supporting characters or simply cameos, please just say so. I will not make them look bad in any way. This is also not a Grimdark story either, so there will be no ponies seriously harmed, if you're worried about that. I'm shooting for an atmosphere similar to the FiM pilot, or maybe just a few shades darker; it will definitely have nothing mature in it though. Just tell me if you're interested (or if you have any other input you want to give, of course).

So yeah, that's about it. :smile:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi hi

Well, you're free to use my characters if you like. I've also got a few other character ideas floating around that I've never really written down cause I just don't have enough time to make use of them. Perhaps I should take the time to write them down, even if I don't RP with them. (which is a shame really, I had a bunch of fun at the Gala)

Oh, looks like you have a lot of characters. I'll definitely try and include some of them. Thanks a lot! smile.png

hi hi

Well, you're free to use my characters if you like. I've also got a few other character ideas floating around that I've never really written down cause I just don't have enough time to make use of them. Perhaps I should take the time to write them down, even if I don't RP with them. (which is a shame really, I had a bunch of fun at the Gala)

Thanks! smile.png If you do want to give me characters that haven't been featured in the RP or anywhere else to work with, I'll make sure to give them pretty good parts.

I like the basic setup.

If you need to use them, I will allow you to use any of my expanded universe organizations (ie: The Holy Order of the Destriers, Royal Equestrian Army, Honor Guard, etc.). I can also make White Feather (a thief), Argent Rook (a doctor), Virtue (a Destrier Knight), and Fletcher (an Honor Guard commander) available for use as supporting characters.

Oh awesome. :geek:

Your characters are really cool and should be great for supporting parts in a story like this.

Plus I always thought the military groups and organizations you laid out were pretty cool, so I'm actually pretty excited to have your okay to use them (especially since I was probably already going to make mention of the Royal Equestrian Army at least somewhere in this thing). :D

Thanks!

Thanks for the enthusiasm. :)

Maybe. I kind of feel I probably won't get art of Dazzle and Arcana until I ask for it though. Also, it's more of an adventure/action type thing than a detective/mystery story.

As for when it'll be, it won't be for a couple more weeks. I still haven't started it quite yet. This is going to be a long project, and it's still in the planning phase. I will definitely be getting the first chapter of this out before the second season of Friendship is Magic starts on the 17th though.

Oh, cool. Thanks! I'm sure I can work him in somewhere.

And I should probably update this topic for those who might not have seen the other one by saying that the story had started. You can find more information and links to it here.