• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'd have to say Black Beauty. No one understands why I love this movie.

Wait, which version?

The one with Sean Bean in it. I pretty much just love watching horses run around (my friends have no idea why). I had a cartoon version when I was little but it was nothing like the book.

I used to read Care Bear books (way back in the early 90s) but I always thought that if they had to battle the MLPs the MLPs would win because they had the magic rainbow locket and Care Bears just had magic tummys and made people feel better. That made more sense when I was 5 :roll:

So, I'd have to say Black Beauty. No one understands why I love this movie.

Wait, which version?

The one with Sean Bean in it. I pretty much just love watching horses run around (my friends have no idea why). I had a cartoon version when I was little but it was nothing like the book.

I used to read Care Bear books (way back in the early 90s) but I always thought that if they had to battle the MLPs the MLPs would win because they had the magic rainbow locket and Care Bears just had magic tummys and made people feel better. That made more sense when I was 5 :roll:

Awesome! I love that one!

Jane and the Dragon. For much the same reasons as FiM, really - sure, it's technically aimed at a much younger audience, but with great animation, well-written and likable characters, and skillful (and often unpredictable) writing, it's enjoyable for all ages.

Movie-Space Jam. Most people I know hate this film, but I love it.

Music-Most 80's pop, one hit wonders like A-Ha, Mr. Mister, Wang Chung, etc

Books- None really.

TV-Care Bears. I loved them before FiM came along, and I still do, just a little less compared to Ponies.

I will admit to a fondness for the 80s one hit wonders myself

Music: Paramore. I can't help it if I think Hayley is cute...

TV: The Cape. Still ticked that they cancelled it. Oh was it cheesy, but I know I'd want to be a masked superhero given the chance.

Movie: Speed Racer (Wachowski Brothers). Emile Hirsch is a horrible actor, but that movie is just so darn COOL.

hi hi

I usually don't let on to the fact that I am into Science Fiction or Tabletop Roleplaying... Everything else pretty much falls into those two categories, that and My Little Pony, which I still am hesitant to go about advertising. I guess I'm not particularly into cheesecake (in a theatrics sense) but sometimes I do enjoy watching shows that have enough of that embedded within that I can't bring myself to recommend them to my friends.

Books: Ben Bova's Grand Tour series

Music: Video game remixes

TV: Gunbuster, Nuku Nuku, Red Dwarf

Movie: Star Trek

Books: I do not have time to read much anymore. I do read game novels every now and then.

Music: 3 Doors Down (most of my friends are into hardcore)

TV: I still catch Avatar: The Last Airbender every now and then.

Movies:Watchmen, Starship Troopers, LotR

FiM is still a guilty pleasure for me. I have only told a couple friends at the risk of having all of my man cards taken away. :D

FiM is still a guilty pleasure for me. I have only told a couple friends at the risk of having all of my man cards taken away. :lol:

Man I have all the McDonalds figure plus a brushable AJ, and a Derpy. Every episode on my computer, an FiM Desktop, Firefox theme, and Chrome theme. Plus I still want to get them molded toys, and I so wish there was an Applejack plush of quality. I am surprised my friends haven't had an intervention to take my man cards and force me to watch Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, and Bruce Willis action flicks non-stop for 48 hours before taking me shooting and force feed me beer, chicken wings, and half-pound buffalo burgers. :lol:

Well maybe that would happen if they wern't all slowly turning into bronies. :twisted:

FiM is still a guilty pleasure for me. I have only told a couple friends at the risk of having all of my man cards taken away. :o

Man I have all the McDonalds figure plus a brushable AJ, and a Derpy. Every episode on my computer, an FiM Desktop, Firefox theme, and Chrome theme. Plus I still want to get them molded toys, and I so wish there was an Applejack plush of quality. I am surprised my friends haven't had an intervention to take my man cards and force me to watch Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, and Bruce Willis action flicks non-stop for 48 hours before taking me shooting and force feed me beer, chicken wings, and half-pound buffalo burgers. :o

Well maybe that would happen if they wern't all slowly turning into bronies. :twisted:

Haha. I am just trying to see how long I can get away with using FiM phrases when I talk to my friends. I think one of them knows about "20% cooler" but just hasn't said anything about it yet. :D

Books: History Textbooks and journals.

Music: Frank Zappa

TV: South Park

Movies: French Movies (i.e A very long engagement, Amelie)

I love history, what can i say? I'll read any book on history, ANY.

I know he's 'crude', but i love Frank Zappa's music, if you go past the lyrics it's brilliant stuff.

South Park is funny, nuff said.

I love french movies, they have great pacing and emotion. And it's a plus that i speak french,

Besides the obvious pony stuff...

Books: D&D and M:tG novels. Cheesy but good.

Movies: League of Extrordinary Gentlemen. Van Hellsing. Speed Racer. They're awesome, shut up.

Tv: Kamen no Maid Guy (horribly fanservicey, but hilarious). Grenadier (Ditto). Final Fantasy Unlimited (It's terrible. But I love it).

Music: TV and video game sound tracks. Notably the songs from the Pokemon anime. Pokemon Johto FTW!

redwall

i'd never admit to reading them

everything else would probably be put down to me just being "weird"

also i read dictionaries too (see above)

a lot of the things in this thread are actually awesome and i wouldn't be ashamed to admit i liked them

like starship troopers

that's like saying full metal jacket is a guilty pleasure

i mean come on

Crappy techothrillers (use to really like Dale Brown's work... but the introduction of power armour lost me... nothing wrong with an overarmed B-52 though).

and, of cause, to invert a quote from Homer, the sea-dark wine (potential temperature*, salinity* and SSC undefined), as per this evening. Please excuse any typos... had the conference dinner tonight and I drastically over-indulged.

:P:|:)

* Note: As of TEOS-10 said terminology is obsolete. I really should use conservative temperature# instead... But having suffered through three Dr T. McDougal lectures in the last two days, I'm not inclined to change my terminology in a hurry

# Yes, you re indeed talking to an oceanographer. Indeed, one who shares half his affiliation with the driving force behind TEOS-10 (CSIRO.... 1.5 of my supervisors and my top-up scholarship).... not that I'm in a hurry to comply with said changes.