Quick Kisses (speed dating RP) [See first post to join]

BrightFire listened to moonlites story of how she got her cutie mark "my word" he said, he was touched by her story and was some what inspirational "that's amazing what you did. and now I can see the cutie mark fitting you well" he smiled warmly

There was a slightly awkward pause after the mare answered him. Flare wasn't really expecting to have to interrogate his date, but maybe that was how things went at these places. "I've never played an instrument, wasn't dedicated enough," he offered, hoping to avoid an endless stream of questions. "We have them, you know, seaponies I mean. Although they can't get the same beautiful tones through water as they can through air. We are rather partial to singing; it's a huge part of our culture. There's this thing the really good performers do where they use the acoustic contrast of above water vs. below water to make these great dynamics. Land ponies are really missing out on that one."

His voice trailed off as he realized he was monopolizing the conversation. "So, do you, uh," he paused, "like to do anything else?"

BrightFire blushed slightly also "I...I'm not sure" he chuckled nervously "I don't really know much about these kind of events" He took a quick glance around "y'know I'm surprised no one has complained about my oddly bright colours" he turned to moonlite "my coat and mane colours aren't hurting your eyes are they??"

"How thoughtful" Nien said. "That would be lovely, thank you. As for making money, I myself make and sell a variety of of industrial grade products made from my own silk. You see, when properly spun, Black Widow Spider silk is actually much stronger than steel. I sell rope, protective clothing, and ship sails, to name a few. I even wove this scarf I'm wearing" She held her scarf in her palps to give String Heart a better view as she mentioned it.

"fire and ice eh?" BrightFire asked "Hmmm. I never thought of it like that before" he smiled a little more "and um...your coat and mane is um..very nice too" He took a quick glance at moonlite and instinctively looked away, he wasn't because he didn't like her, it's just his nature compels him to look away and not make eye contact for longer than 2 seconds...

"Its...um...I don't know myself...I just can't look at any pony for longer than a few seconds" he once again looked up at moonlite for a few seconds then averted his eyes to somewhere else "I'm sorry, I don't have a problem with you....its just something I can't help doing" he laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head.

"Wow,That's really brave!"Mojo praised, she did not expect the shy pony to be capable of such things, but he had surprised her quite a bit, hadn't he?

"My cutie mark? Well, I got it when I was a little filly living on Vada and I was chosen to be the Apprentice of a local Witch Doctor to see if I had any potential in Voodoo."She began, long forgotten memories rising to the surface, as crisp and sharp as the day they were formed,"I was expected to have trouble with even the simplest potions,like most of the ponies my age, but during the first 2 days I was able to make a Voodoo doll of my brother!"She said proudly, and rose alittle to display her Voodoo doll Cutie Mark.

Stagefright shifted a bit from her original personality to one of being rather.... annoyed? She found this Stallion to be handsome, but she asked him a question first, and he didn't even bother to respond. "How awfully rude... I hope he's just deaf..." She thought to herself, before quickly changing her demeanor back to her original happy personality. She answered his question saying "Well, you see... my brother and I are from Canterlot, we own a few stages on Broadmane (Broadway for horses). Normally I'm to scared to go out onto the stage, so i normally sit int he back, keep the curtain cues, make sure everyone's makeup is on right, and doing other chores like that. You never really know what to expect, the pays pretty good though, I have my own apartment to myself... and you?" She finished her sentence taking a light bite out of her muffin, and taking a small sip of water, crossing her hooves as she relaxed.

I like to see performance if you don't mind it sounds lovely. Melody replied thoughtfully placing her hoof on her chin then looked back up and said. Well I travel alot, but I've settled here in Ponyville still like to go outdoors though. I've always wanted to see the ocean to be frank. I write, sing and assit my friend Fireheart, but enough about me I want to learn about you. What do you do?

Lore realized that the pony he was talking to asked a question to him before but Lore didn't answer. She probably now felt that he was deaf or worse not right in the head.

"Oh I'm really sorry. You asked a question before and I just spaced out and didn't answer. One thing I'm good at other than with how I got my mark. Well, I'd like to think I'm pretty good at conversing with ponies. I guess I'm not really showing that now, am I? Anyway, I grew up in Canterlot and then moved to Ponyville where I set up a bookstore called Textual Treasures. It can be busy at times, but I like running my own business and seeing ponies happy after buying a book or two. The place also has a nice living space on the second floor so I can go right to work in the morning. So you work in theater? That's really nice. i read about some plays but I haven't yet been able to see one live. Can you tell me any plays you helped out with?"

Mojo did a mental head hit, why would she say that? She should know that nopony here would know about Bog-Trotters!

Clearing her throat, she began a nice, lengthy explanation,"Well, Bog-Walkers are troubled ponies that seek wisdom and physical strength in the Swamp. So they go out and live in the most dangerous parts of the Mareabian for years at a time, gaining invaluable knowledge and some of the sharpest survival skills on the planet."She explained,"As you would expect, not many ponies return."She added grimly.

"But enough about that!" She waved off with a laugh,"Where do you live?"She asked, wait....was that creepy?