New Official Friendship is Magic Comic Series

Does that mean it could go longer than the show?

Yep. Just as long as the book sells and IDW has the rights. Many licensed comics have long out-lasted their TV series or movie releases..

Lone Star's Comics cover for #1

tumblrmbn1m1spzq1qe3n5i.jpg

If this book came out..say last month, it would have outsold every single American comic..Except for three (Avengers Vs X-Men, Batman and Justice League)..Really...It would be interesting to see if the title could hold a decent amount of sales after #1.

Has anyone seen Jill Thompson's cover yet?

I cannot stress this enough! If you haven't read her (And Evan Dorkins) epic comic mini series, 'Beasts Of Burden' do so! It's a weird cross between Buffy/Watership Down/ and even FIM. They even had a Hellboy crossover. Thompson's art is incredible and Dorkin can write some funny stuff.

You can read some of the earlier stuff on Darkhorse's site.:

http://www.darkhorse...easts-of-Burden

* Fanboy mode off *

Has anyone seen Jill Thompson's cover yet?

I haven't yet, which kind of makes me slightly nervous. So many great covers have been shown and I'm still stuck with this mystery cover. :P

Still, knowing the level of artist she is and the respect she has, I'm still expecting something great. :)

It's 6 covers of issue #1. You're getting 6 covers, all with the same comic inside.

What are you trying to order?

Issue #1

The six cover box set of issue #1

The subscription variant of #1

The special Derpy cover of #1

I'm not sure; which is best?

I have to say, I am really enjoying the artistic liberties taken with the style of this art. The use of soft watercolor against basic black line is possibly a throwback to the original art found in 1980's Generation 1 storybooks and packaging, though something about it also reminds me of other art around that time - such as Garbage Pail Kids. (Haha, subliminally leaning a bit more toward the male demographic in this respect?)

Anyways, I love it.

And here we have another cover, so that the wait is less rougher:

MyLittlePony01-cvrC.jpg

Y'all can thank me for sending this to EQD literally two minutes after the story editor posted it on the IDW forums. Speaking of, y'all should join and pony with us there.

Speaking of, y'all should join and pony with us there.

I would, but then I'd feel guilty since I haven't quite planned on buying the comics yet. I hardly ever buy any sort of merchandise for anything I'm a fan of. :P