New Official Friendship is Magic Comic Series

Looks like the first issue broke 100,000 pre-orders! Woot!

http://angieness.dev...rders-336773748

And the Midtown Comics Alt Cover Is awesome once again...(For issue #2)

tumblrmd74tntedb1qe3n5i.jpg

http://amymebberson.tumblr.com/

Not sure where one puts a pocket watch if one does not have a pocket. :razz:

• Like 1

What I'm wondering is whether this can be considered canonical. I mean they have the permission from the writers and creators of the show and from Hasbro. So if stuff happens in the comic can it be considered canon or "fanon" or some sort of side-canon?

It might be like the Adventure Time comic where it officially follows several seasons up to a point then makes its own canon. In this case the comic might take place after season 2 ended and ignore season 3 to allow more freedom in storytelling. I hope not, but I admit it would allow for a very flexible format.

From Andy Price's devintART page:

1. WHERE IS IT SOLD? This will be sold along all the other comics out there at any given comic shop, and whatever other stores in your area that might sell comics

2. HOW DO I GET IT? See above. You can subscribe to the book at a comic shop to make sure you have a copy reserved.

3. WILL IT BE OVERSEAS? I've no clue what kind of range IDW (our publisher) has for distribution. As far as I know, I think so. Where however is out of my field of knowledge. You can order online at any number of online comic services, and have it shipped

4. IS IT CANON? The comic is set within show continuity, and is done in cooperation with the show staff. This is as close to the show as it gets without having it animated. I personally say yes, but it is really up to the individual to decide.

5. WILL YOU READ MY IDEA/FANFICTION/USE MY PONY? No, sorry, we cannot for a number of reasons, including legal. Nor will we be using anything from previous fanfiction, nor the German comics.

6. WILL THERE BE HUMANS? No. We will not be changing the direction set by the show, nor will we introduce elements that do not fit the show. lyra2b2bballoondisplay.jpg

http://andypriceart....fset=1#/d5h2sjl

4. IS IT CANON? The comic is set within show continuity, and is done in cooperation with the show staff. This is as close to the show as it gets without having it animated. I personally say yes, but it is really up to the individual to decide.

Ah, OK then!

6. WILL THERE BE HUMANS? No. We will not be changing the direction set by the show, nor will we introduce elements that do not fit the show. lyra2b2bballoondisplay.jpg

No Megan cameo? Aw...

Like the 4-issue Teengage Mutant Ninja Turtles micro-series (also published by IDW), each issue of the MLP micro-series contains a self-contained story staring one of the main characters.

Each issue will focus on a single member of the mane 6. Twilight is first. :)

Like the 4-issue Teengage Mutant Ninja Turtles micro-series (also published by IDW), each issue of the MLP micro-series contains a self-contained story staring one of the main characters.

How fun! A closer look into their daily lives will be very helpful regarding inspiration toward fan-fiction and role-playing.