Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

This is all pretty exciting! The Crystal Empire palace looks pretty awesome. That round building with the five-pointed star looks more like a grain silo than anything else, though.

That Princess Skyla toy does look pretty creepy, but that's par for the course for the soft newborn dolls. There's one of Rainbow Dash, so we probably shouldn't read too much into it. That being said, I'm very hopeful that she'll turn out to be Cadance's daughter. Maybe they'll actually go so far as to discuss the fact that Cadance is expecting a foal on the show, or even depict her as visibly pregnant. It was quite groundbreaking when "The Emperor's New Groove" had a visibly pregnant character with more than a brief appearance, and the show has been pretty progressive so far.

The fact that there are 13 episodes in Season 3 brings the show up to the 65 episodes needed for syndication in America (I'm not quite sure how that works, but apparently that's the magic number). Considering the burnout that producing 26 episodes per season caused in Seasons 1 and 2 (new person in charge every season, for one thing), it may be that they feel that the pressure is off, and they can produce episodes at a more reasonable pace. I have no problem with the quality of the first two seasons, but there were plenty of times I thought, "Yeah, that could have gone better if they'd had more time to work on it". The episodes may be just a bit more polished this season, which will be nice.

Strange speaking of vilians.

You have this new evil pony you saw with the season 3 info (the black one with the green eyes)

Then you have John Delancie saying that he recorded some lines for season 3.

Now there's Trixie with the amulet.

I wonder if there will be several Big Bads.

If Skyla is the daughter of Cadence and Shining Armor, I sorta feel like it's kind of a shame she didn't inherit any of her father's looks.

Nah. She's gonna be the daughter of Shining Armor and Queen Chrysalis! And she'll be an evil baby and the true 'Big Bad' for the season. Just you wait and see! :-|

I would be amazed and almost impressed if that were to come true.

@ Lux - Oh god, it would become the My Little Pony version of that episode of Powerpuff Girls with the "Beat-Alls". xD

But that was an amazing episode of the powerpuff girls!

But that was an amazing episode of the powerpuff girls!

Amen! My favorite episode of Powerpuff Girls!

Also, looking at that Trixie photo closely now, the necklace is noticeably shopped onto a vector of Trixie. I'm starting to think we're either being played, or the animation for it hasn't been completed yet.

Am I the only pony around here that didn't like PPG? By design it was good, but by story? Eh, I dunno if it was just the early episodes, but PPGs vs. Villain Du Jour turned me off fast.

In my opinion, A LOT of the show was hit-and-miss. The animation was crude at best when it began (Though it upgraded as time went on), the development wasn't very convincing, and the action was fine but was pointless in most senses.

I think the show has so many fans now because of how much of a integral part of our childhoods it was, and to be honest, sometimes it could be EXTREMELY funny when it wanted to be. "Meet the Beat-Alls" is a perfect example, as there's 2-3 Beatles references per 30 seconds in that episode. It's insane, but hilarious with the right mindset.

Heck, there's even a South Park reference in it at one point!

I also want to bring everyone's attention back to that shot of Trixie that Equestria Daily was given:

trixie_with_alicorn_amulet_turnaround.jpg

Upon close inspection, the "Alicorn Amulet" around her neck is CLEARLY shopped onto a vector. It appears far too pixel-y and the shine it supposedly has on there is a false shine.

Not only that, but if you inspect the first shot, the right side of the Amulet strangely cuts off, and it is not her mane doing so, because the last shot is shown that her mane is BEHIND the amulet.

And finally, the amulet itself doesn't even properly wrap-around her neck in the fourth shot. It just strangely stops, and the right side of it even appears to OVERLAP HER OUTLINE at one point. Not only that, but the outline of the amulet itself appears far too pronounced when you look at it.

Personally, I think this is fake.

Personally, I thought PPG got better over time. (Especially in the episode where the Professor dreams a reality where he created actually normal girls, and at the end of the episode, once he woke up, he says this:

Professor: Girls! Y-You're you! You're floating, and you have no fingers, and you have bug eyes!

Buttercup: Yep, he's finally cracked.)

Or who could forget the episode where everyone switched bodies?

Buttercup(In the Prof's body): PROFESSOR! Your hand doesn't work!

Or this?

Powerprof: Let's get jiggy with it.

/Girls look disgusted at the lameness/

Now then, back to the matter at hand, I looked closely at the Trixie pics as well, and it looks fake to me also. But remember, Friendship is Magic has many upon many of graphical errors: Maybe these pics are merely errors? In any case, I suppose we'll find out when Season Three airs.

• Like 1

Now then, back to the matter at hand, I looked closely at the Trixie pics as well, and it looks fake to me also. But remember, Friendship is Magic has many upon many of graphical errors: Maybe these pics are merely errors? In any case, I suppose we'll find out when Season Three airs.

I see four possibilities:

1) This is an earlier, colored prototype vector that was made long before any real scenes were made with her featured in it with this amulet.

2) It's simply a preview vector made to tease us by the crew.

3) We're looking for reasons why this looks fake.

4) It's fake.

I really wish we'd get absolute confirmation. It seems everyone has dropped these screenshots from relevance after a week or so.

Personally, I still stand firm in the belief that the Trixie vector is fake. It just looks too artificial, and moreso, too much fanservice being given away too early...just seems odd...