Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

EqD posted some information regarding the Crystal empire toy line. Apparently, Shining Armor and Cadance lead said empire. Somehow. :shifty:

We'll probably have an entire episode dedicated to explaining this.

I still suspect that Celestia and Luna are deposing that black unicorn to install Cadence to the throne. Or re-install. Either way they're deposing the current leader of the empire, POLITICAL SABOTAGE!. And he does kind of have a Colonel Spigot air to him. Let's wait for the first episode and count how many hidden referenced to Thembria we can count! It does seem to have a bit of snow....

Also, I think Twilight can only be graceful when she's not intentionally trying to dance. Because she's a big ol' dork. Some people are like that. I am one of them. I can gracefully (perhaps not as gracefully as Ms. Sparkle) hop from rock to rock in a field, or deer-leap over a stream, but get me on the dance floor and all you get is comedic klutziness.

Edited by flutterscotch

I still suspect that Celestia and Luna are deposing that black unicorn to install Cadence to the throne. Or re-install. Either way they're deposing the current leader of the empire, POLITICAL SABOTAGE!. And he does kind of have a Colonel Spigot air to him. Let's wait for the first episode and count how many hidden referenced to Thembria we can count! It does seem to have a bit of snow....

Also, I think Twilight can only be graceful when she's not intentionally trying to dance. Because she's a big ol' dork. Some people are like that. I am one of them. I can gracefully (perhaps not as gracefully as Ms. Sparkle) hop from rock to rock in a field, or deer-leap over a stream, but get me on the dance floor and all you get is comedic klutziness.

Maybe with Cadence's wedding and subsequent capture by Chrysalis she was unable to attend to the Crystal Empire. Then this new pony took control, making Cadence lose her powers as she's not a princess because she was deposed. The ponies have to boot the usurper and reinstate Cadence. That makes me wonder if Cadence would revery to a noemal pony if she was not reinstated.

And I'm like Twilight with that gracefulness myself. When hopping from rock to rock or maneauvering through crowds, I can be very agile, but on the damce floor, I look like I'm having an upright seizure!

We'll know if they start to install gruel kitchens!

• Like 1

Maybe with Cadence's wedding and subsequent capture by Chrysalis she was unable to attend to the Crystal Empire. Then this new pony took control, making Cadence lose her powers as she's not a princess because she was deposed. The ponies have to boot the usurper and reinstate Cadence. That makes me wonder if Cadence would revery to a noemal pony if she was not reinstated.

And I'm like Twilight with that gracefulness myself. When hopping from rock to rock or maneauvering through crowds, I can be very agile, but on the damce floor, I look like I'm having an upright seizure!

LOL

I am not old enough to understand these secret references!

Sure you are. I think we've talked about Tale Spin, right?

On man, I just thought of something else that would be AMAZING to see in Season 3... Now that they've established that there is a place called Trottingham in canon, there should be a Robin Hood-esque episode centered around it. Think of how jealous Rainbow would be of a philanthropic heroine (that isn't her BFFs)!

Sure you are. I think we've talked about Tale Spin, right?

On man, I just thought of something else that would be AMAZING to see in Season 3... Now that they've established that there is a place called Trottingham in canon, there should be a Robin Hood-esque episode centered around it. Think of how jealous Rainbow would be of a philanthropic heroine!

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Yes... but I didn't realize that Thembria was a TaleSpin reference until I Googled. :-| And I still don't understand the gruel joke. :sleep:

The Thembrians referenced feeding gruel to their subjects a LOT, but other than that gruel is inherently funny. Because we've never had to live off it like Dickensian orphans.

That's exactly what we need. An episode centered around regime change and political intervention :I

- Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2.

Baloo ends up in a Thembrian prison that serves nothing but gruel, and befriends a prisoner that secretly plots to bomb his country's "gruel supply" literally flooding Thembria with, well, gruel!

*Hugs Flutterscotch* Talespinster!

• Like 1

Baloo ends up in a Thembrian prison that serves nothing but gruel, and befriends a prisoner that secretly plots to bomb his country's "gruel supply" literally flooding Thembria with, well, gruel!

*Hugs Flutterscotch* Talespinster!

Ok I haven't watched that show in years and forgot most if not everything that happened in it.

Oh, Also, I get the feeling that full-on electricity and a much higher level of technology will be prevalent in the Crystal Empire.

Based on this blind bag pony... whose cutie marks are straight up lightbulbs.

Maybe it's a technological dystopia ON TOP of having an evil steward/dictator who Celestia and Luna depose. It's every fan wank come true!

Blind-electric-sky.jpg