Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

More than half of the episodes of S3 are scored, possibly: http://willheim.devi...-Math-319052184

As for Skyla, I think I'll go with Phil's prediction with her being connected to the Crystal Empire in some way -- though the dialogue on the toy "Mommy, are you a Princess too?" might make her Cadence's. :-o

Or Celestia's. :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Celestia's? Dear Luna, the fandom might explode...

What if they do a twist and say it's Luna's foal?!

They really need to do an Queen Chrysalis foal doll, complete with fully grown fangs and show accurate beetle wings and those leg holes. And maybe a cute little egg sack that she was born in..Dwaaah. SHE NEEDS YOUR LOVE!

• Like 1

There may be one other possibility that we have yet to consider; that Princess Skyla is actually the heiress of some as-of-yet unknown Crystal Kingdom ruler. For some reason, this ruler is unable to either run the kingdom or care for Skyla, so Princess Cadance gets brought in as the Crystal Kingdom's Steward until Skyla is fit to rule.

In other words, Cadance would once again be a glorified foalsitter. :o

• Like 1

As long as it isn't poorly done CGI like most stock animation turned into a movie. If you're going to have a movie, make it the quality of Pixar or Dreamworks.

As long as it isn't poorly done CGI like most stock animation turned into a movie. If you're going to have a movie, make it the quality of Pixar or Dreamworks.

Or you could go the Powerpuff Girls Movie route and hike the animation quality to newer heights. The animation in PPG Movie was UNBELIEVABLE, and looked nothing like the show's. Everything was glossier, sleek and stylish compared to the rather blunt art style it used for the show.

Show:

powerpuff-girls-powerpuff-girls-25342944-500-384.png

Movie:

PPG-Movie-powerpuff-girls-5223506-700-465.jpg

I honestly wouldn't mind if they did the same sort of upgrade for a movie...if they were to do one, of course.

Wow...

I love the Crystal Empire look.

But... what the hay happened to Carosuel Boutique? i wonder if it's due to the Crystal Empire or an alternate furute of a derlect Ponyville.

According to the original file names, the Crystal Empire screencap comes from Episode 312 while the abandoned Ponyville shots are from 313. I guess we have a clue as to what will happen in the season finale, then.

Hmmm, boutique has been boarded up from the outside and the inside....

:scream: ZOMBIE PONIES!

That is a nice layout for the crystal kingdom (Looking south from the mountains at sunrise?)

Also, central tower is 72 ponies tall with a 4 pony balcony window (if they use 2 pony high doors as per Twilights house door in Canterlot*),

or 54 ponies tall with a 3 pony balcony (if they use 1.5 pony high doors as per the Ponyville library*)

*approximate measurements from S1Ep1

Anyway, if Ponyville is being boarded up and the Crystal empire being "rejuvenated" by the mane six, are the residents of Ponyville going to move to the Crystal empire?

I don't think the show's status quo will be changed that drastically. What if Hasbro's toy department comes up with a new toyset that doesn't include a crystallized building? :o

I don't think the show's status quo will be changed that drastically. What if Hasbro's toy department comes up with a new toyset that doesn't include a crystallized building? :-o

True, it probably wouldn't, and I just noticed that Rarity's dresses are still in her boutique, and there are cobwebs and such, implying that she has planned on coming back...

VERY interesting screenshots.

The first one and the Trixie one seem a bit off. For one thing, the first one looks too...."basic" to me. I love the deranged look of the abandoned Ponyville shots...but the Trixie one seems odd. "Alicorn Amulet"?

I'll take these screenshots with a grain of salt. We have been fooled before...

VERY interesting screenshots.

The first one and the Trixie one seem a bit off. For one thing, the first one looks too...."basic" to me. I love the deranged look of the abandoned Ponyville shots...but the Trixie one seems odd. "Alicorn Amulet"?

I'll take these screenshots with a grain of salt. We have been fooled before...

I see what you are saying and would certainly agree with the Trixie one but as an experiment try pausing the wide angle shot of Ponyville, as Rainbow Dash is flying down in the intro, and compare it to the shot of the Crystal kingdom. (Note:- not suggesting it's part of a new intro or anything, just saying I believe I've seen the same 'zoomed out' basic look before.)

Looking forward to finding out I've been fooled, now that I've just defended it! :blush:

Also, cultural significance of a 4 cornered tower attached to a 5 pointed star arena within a 6 pointed Town centre?

EDIT:- My reasoning for the arena building goes along the following lines. It is obviously an important structure as it is in the main(?) city and attached to the main building/palace. It has multiple entrypoints along one of the main roads into the city centre. (Admittedly there are 12 'main' roads but...). It also has a third, and perhaps fourth (hidden behind it), entrance on other main roads with covered awnings, flags and a bright yellow symbol (A six or eight pointed (star?) thing...) above the awnings. (Headcanon! Graaaaaaaagh!)

Nipping back to the boutique, we can see that the mannequins (ponyquins?) have bridles, something that (according to other threads) were discussed for the show but eventually removed as it 'looked weird'. Sooooooo.... does this mean an alternate past/future or a different society where bridles aren't weird? You could massively overanalyse look into it further and say that as bridles can be used for control, their (everyday?) use in fashion reflects acceptance of being controlled. I should probably look at another society for awhile and give this a rest...