W&D S01EP25 - "Party of One" [it's live!]

Tam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it funny that Pinkie Pie was blaming everypony for making excuses, but then she turned around and started making excuses for why they couldn't be her friends anymore. Classic, and so very true to real life sometimes.

oh hey, that one's nice, good find!

It was your birthday yesterday? :o Well then Happy After-Birthday! :D

As you say, it's about attitude.

I usually forget my birthday is coming up until the day of or the day before; so it makes it really hard to plan anything out. I'm not very demanding, but i do sometimes find myself in the situation that i'm bummed out because it goes by without much thought in my mind, or other's (not that i dont have wonderful friends, they just dont know/remember at my age xD) So I usually try to make sure I do two things on my birthday: Something old, a favorite activity or hobby from my past, and something thing new, a place i've never been, a food i've never eaten. As long as I do those two things, I always feel like my birthday was well spent.

Favourite parts, in chronological order:

Pinkie's singing telagram at the beginning. She does have a really nice voice.

The outfit she wears when she visits Applejack.

How adorable she is when she actually gets tired!

Pinkie teleporting to every place Dash tries to hide and SCREAMING at her XD

Pinkie knocking on the barn door... with her head. Can anyone make me a gif/icon of that please? XD

Pinkie's hair actually deflates when she get sad XD

When she's ranting at her friends in the barn, and she hovers while her arms make flappy sounds.

I also thought it was a neat design touch thjat when Pinkie gets depressed/unsure of herself, her whole color palette gets darkend and toned down to match her mood.

I imagine this is what the world be like for them if Rainbow Dash failed at that Sonic Rainboom. Pinky grows up to be the slave driving CEO of a strip mining operation and Rainbow Dash is just some clerk or postal runner.

My questions are:

1. Does Rarity know about Spike liking her

2. If she doesn't, HOW ON EARTH NOT

3.If she does, HOW ON EARTH COULD SHE LEAD HIM ON LIKE THAT

Yes, and she probably has some guilt about it and thus doesn't ask him for anything someone who wasn't a friend or wanted to help wouldn't do for her anyway.

My questions are:

Yes, and she probably has some guilt about it and thus doesn't ask him for anything someone who wasn't a friend or wanted to help wouldn't do for her anyway.

Maybe they'll make an episode with 'not taking advantage of someone' as the moral, and the "relationship" will finally be addressed for realz.

On the other hand, Rarity doesn't seem like she would be the type to manipulate her friends. Other aquantances maybe, but not her friends...

My questions are:

Maybe they'll make an episode with 'not taking advantage of someone' as the moral, and the "relationship" will finally be addressed for realz.

On the other hand, Rarity doesn't seem like she would be the type to manipulate her friends. Other aquantances maybe, but not her friends...

I think that might be a more Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo type episode. Something to do with responsibility and being a role model thrown in there too, and maybe something about idolization.

My questions are:

And I've just re-realized that you put Rarity in a no win situation. She's either truly stupid, or she's a player. :)

Poor Rarity...

My questions are:

And I've just re-realized that you put Rarity in a no win situation. She's either truly stupid, or she's a player. :)

Poor Rarity...

Not TRULY stupid, just stupid enough to fit the context of a children's show. :)

hi hi

It doesn't seem to me like Rarity is leading Spike on, although I'm pretty sure she would know about his feelings, she does seem to genuinely enjoy his company as a friend. I just haven't seen any positive or negative reinforcement on a romantic level. Everypony seems to enjoy helping each other out to some degree, whether it is cleaning up the library after a crazy weekend of studying, picking apples during a bumper crop, cheering on a friend, or making super amazing personalized outfits.

I thought this episode was brilliant in that it shows how easy it is for someone to feel hurt and betrayed. Using Pinkie for this role was the best choice because she's seen as so easy going. To her friends, they probably thought she'd brush it off like she does with most things. A few episodes back Pinkie says the easiest way to lose a friend is to lose their trust. Pinkie catches them all lying and to her in this episode. That mixed in with Pinkie seeming to have a fear of being alone drove her over the edge. It was shown a bit extreme, but it showcases it perfectly. Definitely one of my favorite episodes so far.

I couldn't get the framerate fast enough for some reason. 0.01 seconds a frame isn't good enough i guess. But here it is:

pinkieknock.gif?t=1304504857

I couldn't get the framerate fast enough for some reason. 0.01 seconds a frame isn't good enough i guess. But here it is:

Here you go: [attachment=0]tyelle.gif[/attachment]

You have to manually set the frames to be faster than 0.01 seconds unfortunately but it can be done.

Here you go: [attachment=0]tyelle.gif[/attachment]

You have to manually set the frames to be faster than 0.01 seconds unfortunately but it can be done.

Hjkfdwjfke THANK YOU <3 <3 <3 Me so happy!

I just realized something about this episode.

Gummy is an alligator, Alligators are carnivores, so where does Pinkie get the meat he needs in a society of vegetarians...

Also Gummy has no teeth, his food has to be made soft and chewy, warm and moist... just like a cupcake...

Did anyone else notice the decline in background ponies appearing in the last few episodes... with none appearing in the last one?