I saw that show (Amazing World Of Gumball). It's cute, but not something I'd normally watch. Still, kudos to the creators..I do like how they combine all the different forms of animation and live action into one show....

Yeah I wonder when there's going to be new episodes there hasn't been a new episode in several months.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Green Lantern toon is fun. When they first started showing teasers for the GCI series I didn't care for the look, especially after watching the traditionally animated GL animated movie they just put out, but the style has grown on me. Just hope the Black Lanterns show up soon....

Yeah, the Green Lantern toon is fun. When they first started showing teasers for the GCI series I didn't care for the look, especially after watching the traditionally animated GL animated movie they just put out, but the style has grown on me. Just hope the Black Lanterns show up soon....

Are the Black Lanterns in the comic book because the only comics I read now are the fan made comics that show up on Equestria Daily.

Yeah. They had this HUGE AND EPIC storyline in the Green Lantern funnybooks awhile back...And I'd just love to see characters like Nekron and the Anti-Monitor animated...Just wonder if they';d be too dark for the show..

Yeah. They had this HUGE AND EPIC storyline in the Green Lantern funnybooks awhile back...And I'd just love to see characters like Nekron and the Anti-Monitor animated...Just wonder if they';d be too dark for the show..

Huh ok but what are the rings of the Black Lanterns powered by?

.... Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Screw the name changes...) now....

....I used to LOVE Ed, Edd, n Eddy. I still do. Personally my favorite cartoon of all time, trumping even FiM. So much wit, excellent animation, great voice and music work, and the class it had with everything it did was gorgeous. I wish more shows could be like EEnE now...

....Invader Zim and Rocko's Modern Life....

I do think the Aqua Something You Know Whatever name is hilarious though. That show is so ridiculous. I would love to be in on a brainstorming session for it.

As for Edd, Ed and Eddy, I really never saw the appeal, I would catch it every once in awhile when it was on, and liked Plank a great deal, but maybe I only saw the first season or so? in the echelon of Nicktoons, it was higher than Rugrats and definitely higher than CatDog, but still not as high as the early seasons of Doug or AAAHHHH!! Real Monsters for me.

Rocko, however, I am super stoked is streaming on Netflix. I haven't watched it since I was in high school, and remember it fondly.

I do think the Aqua Something You Know Whatever name is hilarious though. That show is so ridiculous. I would love to be in on a brainstorming session for it.

As for Edd, Ed and Eddy, I really never saw the appeal, I would catch it every once in awhile when it was on, and liked Plank a great deal, but maybe I only saw the first season or so? in the echelon of Nicktoons, it was higher than Rugrats and definitely higher than CatDog, but still not as high as the early seasons of Doug or AAAHHHH!! Real Monsters for me.

Rocko, however, I am super stoked is streaming on Netflix. I haven't watched it since I was in high school, and remember it fondly.

I've seen and watched all the cartoons you just listed except for Aqua Teen Hunger Force and liked all of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I own the Volume 3 DVD, and there's a special feature which shows the brainstorming process behind each episode.

Believe it or not, the two creators just sit in front of a computer at one of their houses and brainstorm everything, and then just type out the script as they go along. It's HILARIOUS to watch...

As for Edd, Ed and Eddy, I really never saw the appeal, I would catch it every once in awhile when it was on, and liked Plank a great deal, but maybe I only saw the first season or so?

The first season of Ed, Edd, n Eddy is regarded, even by the fans themselves, as one of the worst seasons of the show. The characters look weird, the storylines usually pander beyond belief, and the show never really gained the wit it would have until the second season. Plus, alot of the first season falls into uncanny valley at some points.

However, the second season is a VAST improvement over the first, and the third season remains as the best season of the show. It truly got better with age.

I have a serious problem with modern cartoons. There is this entire genre now that I just...hate. Adventure Time and Regular Show fall into this. I don't like Gumball, either. There is just this certain kind of humor being used in them that I don't enjoy.

That being said, some of the more recent cartoons I like are Avengers, Green Lantern, and Young Justice (though I haven't watched very far into it, I've wanted to). I never thought I'd like comic cartoons, but in this genre, there has been a definite change. These aren't the same Batman and Justice League cartoons I grew up with that bored me to death. There is smart conversation, humor, and personalities instead of just action, action, action. It's the same reason I'm reading comics now, when you couldn't force me to 5-10 years ago. I think I have Geoff Johns to thank for a lot of that.

Their not on as much anymore but I still love watching the re-runs of my favorites like Invader Zim, Ed Edd & Eddy, Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Storm Hawks (lulz) Lucha Libre, Ultimate Muscle etc. I few more that don't quite spring to mind right now :L XD The main show I keep up with that still runs is probally The Clone Wars though I do like the original series aswell!

• 2 weeks later...

Heh and there is more. Extreme Dinosaurs, Bionic Six, Conan the Adventurer (most manly intro ever!), Biker Mice from Mars (which got some new episodes in 2006), Gargoyles (Most mature Disney show is seems), Street Sharks, Mighty Ducks....ahh nostalgia.

....Now I feel old

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=#0000ff]As you can probably tell from my avatar, I'm still a huge fan of "Kim Possible". Currently, about the only other domestic cartoon I watch is "Adventure Time". Past favorites also include Teen Titans, and going back a little farther, "Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers" and "Darkwing Duck"[/colour]

I used to LOVE Ed, Edd, n Eddy. I still do. Personally my favorite cartoon of all time, trumping even FiM. So much wit, excellent animation, great voice and music work, and the class it had with everything it did was gorgeous. I wish more shows could be like EEnE

...as you can tell, I'm a 90s-kind of kid, :smug:

I highly agree with this, I was born in 96 but I still LOVE older cartoons especially ed edd n eddy, if it was on Netflix I would poop myself, still such a good cartoon I really miss it, and was better then spongebobs new episodes which have kinda sucked

I highly agree with this, I was born in 96 but I still LOVE older cartoons especially ed edd n eddy, if it was on Netflix I would poop myself, still such a good cartoon I really miss it, and was better then spongebobs new episodes which have kinda sucked

Yeah, Spongebob started to lose my interest around the 4th season. That's when it's started to get just plain dumb.

As for Nick, for a while I was extremely into "My Life as a Teenage Robot", a short-lived cartoon directed by FiM's-own Rob Renzetti. Was a classy little cartoon that seemed to fall into a "girly" category....because the main character was a girl... :roll:

OMG, I cannot get enough of that show!!! :kissy::sad: