Not another "Kirby's Wife" thread!

Kirby Krackle

Those here that know me, also, in passing, know my wife. She's been struggling with my status as a Brony for some time now. And I in turn struggled with that. It's been pretty back and forth. Not so recently was Bronycon, which I couldn't attend and was pretty depressed that whole day. That concerned her, to put the whole situation mildly. More than recently was Otakon, which we attend every year. To those not in the know, it's for anime. But since cosplayers come from all walks of life, there were plenty of ladies in full pony garb. Pictures later. In the dealer's hall, there was a booth full of prints and badges and such, of all kinds of fanart. Because they're favorites of mine, I got Riddler and Two-Face badges, plus a little Tom Baker badge for her brother. Naturally, there were ponies there too. I sighed quietly and dismissed them, and then I hear her chirp up and "Ooooo" at something. This:

princess_celestia___nightmare_moon_by_k_bo__by_kevinbolk-d4l5ypt.jpg

She could not deny how pretty the art was, and how clever the Metallica reference was. Ten dollars later, it's mine.

What?

You guys know her! The embargo! I have a pony thing now! But wait. The story continues: I'm in the dealers hall again the next day. She's at a Learning Japanese panel. With no supervision, I crack down and get this:

http://www.levelupstudios.com/lvlup-products/levelupstudios-aprilhoera-maredowell-750.jpg

It's hidden at the bottom of my bag until lunch, when she's curious as to what I got that day. Meanwhile, I'm telling her my initial response to anything pony is shame. Her first question is "what color is it?". I say black. Looking at the shirt, she said I could have done a lot worse. Day three, I find a booth with absolutely gorgeous hand made (she was making them behind the booth all day I can assume) pony plushies for fifty bones. Now, as tempting as it was (THERE WAS A LUNA! GAH!) , I'm not insane enough to drop that much cash. So I got two buttons instead, Pinkie and RD as carousel horses. My wife asks "You know I love you, right?"

Final bit of the story. Then you get to give me marital advice. Because on the drive home, I'm making first drafts to the RP that I attend here. She knows I do this. No biggie. But what surprises me is her snatching away my little two dollar notebook and, I'm really not kidding here, begins writing erotic pony fanfiction. It's brief. Two and a half little pages. But it's graphic and Luna x Big Mac of all things.

What. The. Heck. Happened.

• Like 3

I think this:

My wife asks "You know I love you, right?"

Has a lot to do with this:

What. The. Heck. Happened.

If not for caring about my friends, I would never touch their dogs. But I do, so I pet them from time to time. She isn't necessarily enjoying it, but she obviously is not letting that stop her from showing her love. It's kinda sweet.

Also, that Sandman poster is fantastic.

I think this:

Has a lot to do with this:

If not for caring about my friends, I would never touch their dogs. But I do, so I pet them from time to time. She isn't necessarily enjoying it, but she obviously is not letting that stop her from showing her love. It's kinda sweet.

Agreed. While it took me completely off guard, I smooched her extra once the confusion wore off. Oh, and here's another thing. She's toying with the idea of signing up here.

Also, that Sandman poster is fantastic.

It is!

I think it's funny you're married and you have no idea how women work (I know that's a shocker.). Pony is okay while doing something where pony might be related around like-minded people. Will pony be welcome later? No, it will not.

Does that make sense? If it doesn't, just wait and see.

I've got the non-brony wife thing going too. (for now) She started out really annoyed by it and still tries to act like she thinks it's dumb. Whenever I buy new pony stuff she gives me the, "You bought more ponies?" bit.

But she has also (as I mentioned in another thread recently) named her latest mead "Fluttershy mead" and put 3 butterflies on the label and made Fluttershy her profile pic on Facebook. The other day I got a set of the trading cards that come with the temp tattoos. Once had a Fluttershy tattoo in it and she said she wants it.

So either our wives are coming around, or they've decided that since they love us and think we are worthwhile, then maybe our interests have some worth too, even if they don't get it. I'll take it either way!

Congrats!

I randomly found this thread and I wish I wasn't at work right now, because I had almost uncontrollable giggles when reading what I did with his notebook. I have no idea why I did it, other than I had very little sleep for 3 days and a 5 hour car ride was excruitiating at that point. What he left out is that I did another 1.5 little mini fics at the same time. He had to explain "cloppers" to me and that they are not always embraced - so I'm surprised he shared the story at all.

I had talked to him about joining for a few days. I was afraid I'd be encroaching on his little getaway and that he wouldn't want me here, so now that it's done, I hope he really is okay with it!

As for shared interests, he not only supports, but usually embraces, my fanatic cat rescue. We took in another foster kitten a few weeks ago and for the first time, we didn't have to discuss it, he just said "Okay."

• Like 6

I suggest you grab hold a few of THEIR interests to return the kindness.

We've had to set rules for me to NOT get involved in her things so that she can have stuff that is all hers. We've learned the hard way that it's not always good for us to both be involved in the same hobby pursuits.

He had to explain "cloppers" to me and that they are not always embraced - so I'm surprised he shared the story at all.

I don't know... You look at the stories on FiMFiction.net and the clopping stories get an awful lot of reads. :!:

But welcome aboard!!!!

Hehehe... you guys~

It starts more as the second one, you've got to nurture and encourage it so it can become the first one. I suggest you grab hold a few of THEIR interests to return the kindness.

L.J. Smith's books I have read per her request. Night World is actually amazing. We always watch Love Actually together too.