What do you want to see in the new season?

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/s ... n-two.html

The voice actor of Snails confirmed that he did full voice work for Season 2. Snips was seen with Snails 90% of the time in season 1, so he's practically confirmed as well.

This might also help Trixie's chance of return too, due to the way they worshiped her in episode 6, although episode 12 and 18 demonstrated that they can show up in episodes without her.

actually, I'm surprised that I haven't seen Rarity wearing her magic colar thing around like it's just any old acsesory XD after watching the first and second episodes, I thought for sure I was going to see that.

and then Twilight gets mad because it's really important and you need to keep ot safe :x lol I dunno

• 2 weeks later...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v134/ ... t=lv09.mp4

Commercial containing footage of season 2 (and various other shows)! Only about 2 seconds worth of it but still.

Celestia looks angry...or sleepy, maybe? I can see Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rarity behind her just before "20 % cooler" comes up. Presumably the others are there too.

Did any pony already mention toola roola? Don't know much about her, but her name is sweet, and she was a major character in the last gen. All the other main ponies from then got an update, why not Herr too? There's something appealing about old school nods like that, i think.

hi hi

If they are planning on having a major villain/villains in season 2, I hope they've done their homework so that the villains have some plausible motivations. Too many shows have a "Rar! I'm bad!" take on evil that sometimes leaves kids with a woefully two-dimensional understanding of right and wrong. Its hard to prevent something if you can't recognize it for what it is. If nothing else, having "they bad, we good," setups sort of perpetuate in-group bias.

They handled over a barrel real well though, so I've got high hopes.

One more thing...the first episode of season 2 is part one of a 2-parter.

The link below leads to a half-written leaked script from several months ago. The actual script/episode might have changed things since then and it doesn't spoil the second part/episode, but for those of you who are really curious for Season 2 stuff, feel free to check the screencap.

Spoiler filter and no hyper-linking just in case. :)

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9985/1313985624358.png

One more thing...the first episode of season 2 is part one of a 2-parter.

The link below leads to a half-written leaked script from several months ago. The actual script/episode might have changed things since then and it doesn't spoil the second part/episode, but for those of you who are really curious for Season 2 stuff, feel free to check the screencap.

Spoiler filter and no hyper-linking just in case. :)

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9985/1313985624358.png

If true that would be rather bad ass and would set up for an antagonist that fits well with the themes of the show and could explain the division between the princesses all those years ago. Guess we will see if any of that actually pans out or just another Internet rumor of no substance.

A few villains of note would make things interesting, as long as they give such villains some real motivation and depth. Would like to see Trixie back, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple new one episodes antagonists just as we did in the first season.

If you watch the Hub's newest promo about their newest shows, you see a quick, 1-second clip from MLP of Celestia walking out of a chapel-like building, with the mane six on either side of her. I do believe this could be from Season 2. Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just crazy. I'll do some digging online and see if I can find it.

If you watch the Hub's newest promo about their newest shows, you see a quick, 1-second clip from MLP of Celestia walking out of a chapel-like building, with the mane six on either side of her. I do believe this could be from Season 2. Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just crazy. I'll do some digging online and see if I can find it.

Yes, it is from season 2, and confirmed. Equestria Daily: Small Tidbit of Season Two Animation Spotted (Updated: HD Slow-Mo Version)

More information from EqD! This time it's from a background voice actor who had a tumblr where he answered various questions by fans. SOME DO SPOIL EXPECTATIONS OF SEASON 2. NOT ACTUAL EPISODE CONTENT BUT REAPPEARING CHARACTERS DEFINITELY! Again, take with a grain of salt as well.

Spoiler and no hyperlink once again, just in case.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pony/src/131404441600.png

EDIT: Unfortunately, a layout artist deconfirmed it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4jp0NG7YkNg/TlNO-14AgeI/AAAAAAAAK3Q/S6K1H82dl-c/s1600/92446.png

Bonus: SEASON 2 FULLY CONFIRMED FOR SEPTEMBER 17

season2preview.png?1314072419

Celestia is such a Badass :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

More information from EqD! This time it's from a background voice actor who had a tumblr where he answered various questions by fans. SOME DO SPOIL EXPECTATIONS OF SEASON 2. NOT ACTUAL EPISODE CONTENT BUT REAPPEARING CHARACTERS DEFINITELY! Again, take with a grain of salt as well.

Spoiler and no hyperlink once again, just in case.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pony/src/131404441600.png

I'm pretty sure this info was deconfirmed as a hoax.

But you know what I want from the new season? An extended fight scene with the bad guy. Last time we basically had 'TASTE THE RAINBOW' and that was it. This time I actually want to see some fighting, even if it's just a minute or two's worth against Discord. He doesn't even have to be a reoccurring villain or anything.

Having a redemption story for one of the characters that came off as a jerk in an episode in the first season would be nice and have a lot of humour potential, to give examples:

Gilda: Decides to make amends for what she did in episode 5 and gets help to get everyone together so she can properly apologise....From Pinkie Pie (I'd actually really like to see something to this effect, especially since I imagine Rainbowdash & Gilda as being friends from childhood and given that Rainbowdash is the element of Loyalty I can imagine that she probably would have been upset to a degree that he had to give up on being friends with Gilda and the reason why she did was because she realised that Gilda wasn't being a good friend in return)

Trixie: I'm not sure what exactly could happen with her but for some reason I could see her doing puppet shows for a group of foals at a daycare, I can imagine her being very popular with younger children for some reason

Blueblood: Having had a Will Ferrell in Bewitched moment after the Gala, it could turn out to be either really sweet, really funny or both

Actually one thing I've been wondering is since Luna is doing to appear in the new season, will she have her own voice actress or not? Since she only had a few lines as Luna they could probably get away with it

Yeah. I really do hope to see Gilda return in some capacity. It needs to happen. I actually don't care if it's for a redemption episode or just to be a jerk some more. I just want to see more of her.

Trixie would be nice to see too. She's awesome. :shifty:

Actually one thing I've been wondering is since Luna is doing to appear in the new season, will she have her own voice actress or not? Since she only had a few lines as Luna they could probably get away with it

Her voice actress is the same as Rarity, so the va will likely be the same as season 1.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JztWKs1fvGE/Tl6e4SAv07I/AAAAAAAALT0/3puCD217hhc/s1600/mail.google.com.jpg

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/animation-reel-with-few-seconds-of.html

Season 2 stuff from EqD!

Pony families/parents coming again. :grin:

Also, a short compilation clip including a portion with "Rainbow" Dash in Season 2 (Other shows and season 1 stuff appears as well). Maybe a bit spoilery, definitively raises questions.