The Great Game: A Tournament of Shadows (SIGNUPS OPEN!)

Ok, so I'd like to know if this is everyone who wants to sign up. If this is it, then we should probably start talking what times are good for everybody to RP.

I'm CST (It's currently 7:50 PM). I'm generally available after 7:00 PM - late night hours on Mondays/wednesdays; after 4:00 PM - early morning hours on Tuesday, thursday and friday; and usually a little earlier than that on weekends.

For the next couple of weeks, I'd have to see about musical rehearsal nights. I won't be on from the 10th to the 13th since I'll be on a college trip to Massachusetts. After that, it's all dependent on rehearsals and performance nights, but I'd be open from 4 to 10 CDT each evening after homework.

I'm ready but my character isn't approved >.<

/me pokes Phil

Heh. :lol:

Apps are supposed to go through an RP Helper before anyone on the Senior team considers giving them a stamp, I'm afraid. :blush:

So of the people in this thread, at this point, you'd probably actually be better off poking Chapien. :blah:

Ok, so once Chappy & Phil (or whoever) approve lord brony I'll start this. You'll know when that happens.

well..maybe you guys can start without me and I'll jump in laters

Looks like trouble with my character is afoot, I guess I will withdraw from this

D:

• 2 weeks later...

So I know a bit less than a month has gone by since I said I'd start this and I haven't yet, and I'm sorry about that. Real life got kinda complicated, my router decided to start only giving me 3kbs and then I discovered Firefall. But that's over now (except for the Firefall, which is still awesome), my life has been improved greatly, and now I can begin this RP.

Just wanted to apologize for the delay and announce that this is starting now.

(Alrighty then, let's see how this goes!)

I'm using my OC Static Arc, and this is his profile: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/11991-static-arc-final/

Reaction to letter

Ahh, finally I'm at the haven that is my house. What a day!

Static Arc thought to himself, obviously worn out from the day, having to deal with an out of control cloud that was letting out lightning bolts every few seconds. He and a few other members had been zapped a few times, and spent a lot of the time flying around to strategically pin down the cloud.

The tuckered out pegasus touched down to his home and went through the motions, getting the mail, unlocking the door and getting inside, grabbing a bite to eat, and sit down at the table to read what he had for mail.

Normally it was only bills or flyers, but today was much different.

Static had opened many letters, and out came numbers of pictures showing himself and his family. Static Arc was shocked and furious about this. Who dared take pictures of himself and his parents without knowing? It was an invasion of privacy!

There was one that showed Static reading a book in his house, another showing his mum and dad taking a stroll through Cloudsdale, and another showing him walking through Ponyville, buying various things from when he would travel through the small town.

As Static read through the letter and saw the pictures, Static was beginning to believe this may be some kind of... blackmail. Like this pony, or creature, or whoever, was expecting Static to play this 'game', and since he knew what Static and his parents looked like, if he didn't join, this guy might do something to hurt Static's parents!

And then there was the invitation. Like the one he got a week back when he thought it was some big scam. An invitation to join what was called 'The Greatest Game ever Played'. Both the letter and the pictures had to be connected.

As Static's cutie mark entails, he is mostly very loyal and protective of the ones he loves, and seeing things as he did, he had no choice but to join in this 'game', and find out what this being wants, and to make sure he leaves him and his family alone!

What confused Static though, was that he was going to be in a 'team' with other ponies. He didn't do too well in teams, he always preferred to be alone to figure things out, but he had to think. Had they gotten this letter too, and gotten pictures of their family? There was no way to be sure, but he WAS sure of, was that he was going to wait for this next letter, go to the location, and teach this guy what he was dealing with. Because nopony is going harm his family if he had something to say about it.

Static Arc got up from his seat, furious with anger at what he just read, and threw his daisy sandwich in the trash. There was no time for snacks! He had to prepare for this!

Static then flew upstairs to his room and began packing, waiting every few seconds if he could hear the mailbox, for the location to this 'game'.

Generic Bad Joke Time!:

A horse walks into a bar. The bar tender says "Hey."

The horse says "Sure."