Bon Bon's Bonbons: Open for Business(and Bonbons)! (Open, Ponyville)

SteelEagle

LyraBanner.png

Lyra hadn't actually been expecting Bon Bon to go along with her suggestion but was happy that she did. She loved the idea of being like a super spy, using cunning disguises to fool other ponies. Or maybe she just liked the idea of being like an actress without all that business of going to acting classes.

When Zecora trotted up to the stall, Lyra slipped away to go home and get a disguise ready. [colour=#00cc99]"Let's see here... I can put on one of my old sun dresses."[/colour] she muttered to herself, pulling out a long bright yellow dress with a pink floral pattern on it. [colour=#00cc99]"Ack, tight fit! Surely I haven't grown that much? Okay, next, I'll use some make up to disguise my features!"[/colour] She pulled out an old make up kit she never used except on special occasions. She grabbed a powder puff and used it to cover her entire head in a thick coating of rouge, making her look very pink indeed. She checked herself out in the mirror, making sure to get every area covered so her aquamarine colour wouldn't come through.[colour=#00cc99] "And now some shades for my eyes,"[/colour] she pulled out a pair of black sunglasses, [colour=#00cc99]"and a wig for my mane," [/colour]she put on an old wig she'd worn to her cousin's hen night; one with sparkly blue "hair" that was probably supposed to look a bit wacky,[colour=#00cc99] "a big hat for effect,"[/colour] she put on a wide brimmed yellow sun hat, [colour=#00cc99]"And some long socks,"[/colour] she finished, pulling on some white socks and shoes to cover her aquamarine legs. [colour=#00cc99]"Perfect! Nopony will recognise me now!"[/colour]

After one final check to make sure that her tail was hidden and none of her original colour was showing through she quickly made her way back to Bon Bon's stall and was a little disappointed to see Zecora buying the Excalibur pack. Maybe Bon Bon wouldn't need Lyra's help after all.

bon_bon_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d5ld4da.png

Bon Bon knew all about Lyra's affinity for disguises. It was a charming trait of hers that rather than simply toss on a hat, Lyra went all out and went deep 'undercover' as it were. Everypony had their quirks and each one was special partially because of it. Bon Bon had her wide array of accents that she used for reasons both silly and business related and Lyra's abilities as an actress or spy were adorable in their own ways, too. So as she approached the stand in her disguise, Bon Bon was somewhat taken aback, but only somewhat. If it hadn't been for their closeness, Bon Bon would have had no idea who it was. Everything was different; the mane, coat colour, socks, even a hat. But she moved like Lyra, that slightly hopping and excitable gait mixed with pensive swishes of the tail. It was Lyra, but her disguise was still amazing. Bon Bon applauded mentally.

Still, they had roles to play and Bon Bon wasn't going to let her knowledge of the disguise ruin the plan. She had to treat Lyra like she would anypony else, which meant she would have to treat her well. So, she looked a little crazy. A little nuts and she moved excitably. That called for an energetic Bon Bon.

[colour=#008080]"Hey hey hey! How're ya doin' there, you snazzy gumshoe? If you want bon bons, you've come to the riiiiight place! If you want something more though, I can't give ya anything. I'm with somepony!" [/colour]She gave a super big wink with a Cheshire grin, her hooves in the air pointing at the sigh. BON BONS WERE AWESOME. Being excited was more fun than having to act snobby or well off.

[colour=#008080]"Hey Zecora, say hi to the snazzy gumshoe!"[/colour]

• 1 month later...

LyraBanner.png

Lyra flashed a big grin back at Bon B- that mare that she had never ever seen before. [colour=#00cc99]Snazzy... Gumshoe?[/colour] she thought to herself, uncertain of what the Bonbon seller meant. She quickly checked her hooves to make sure she hadn't trod in any gum.

After confirming that her soles were clean, she cleared her throat. She couldn't do voices like her girlfriend could, but at the very least she could affect a stereotypical Canterlot accent. [colour=#00cc99]"I say, good morning to you both!"[/colour] she said to Bon B- the merchant and Zecora, her voice somewhat nasal as she forced the accent. [colour=#00cc99]"I must say that I caught a glimpse of your delicious looking treats and just had to come over! How much for a bag of your very best?"[/colour] she asked.

• 3 weeks later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora had absolutely zero clue what was going on, but she chuckled and played along anyways "Why hello there Gumshoe! It is a pleasure to meet you!" She chuckled before glancing at Bon Bon and nodded "That sounds good to me, but if the trek is too difficult to tread, I could always come here instead?" She offered, not wanting to inconvenience the mare with many voices! These two were a match made in Heaven, one with a affinity for disguises, and the other one for changing their voice! It was so interesting..

Heyo! Talk about close encounters of the Canterlot kind, Lyra's impersonation of a Canterlot well-to-doer not being so off as to seem completely disingeniousness though anyone with an ear for accents would catch it easily enough. She looked a little bit whacky with her sunglasses and sundress and sunglasses, but hey, some ponies had such a sunny disposition that their clothes just had to match. As bad as that joke hurt Bon Bon's mind, she also felt a general sense of mirth as her fillyfriend threw herself into the act. If this Bonbon thing didn't work out, they could always go out on the road as a travelling road show. The Amazing Voice and the...Amazing Face? Yeah, scratch that idea until she had a creative bone in her body. Meanwhile, she had to keep up with her creatively odd outfit.

[colour=#006666]"Well well well, you asked JUST the right question! For one large normal bag it is nine bits, but for eleven bits you get the large Excalibur bag, just like my good friend Zecora here! But don't take my word for it, try one for free!"[/colour] Bon Bon blasted bodaciously before burying both hooves into her Excalibur collection and picking out two Bonbons.

[colour=#006666]"One for you, Ms. Steery, and one for you too, Zecora,"[/colour] She playfully tossed it into the bag and winked, [colour=#006666]"and that could be a good idea. If I don't see you tonight, then I'll see you here tomorrow at Bon Bon's Bonbons!" [/colour]Hey, advertisement was advertisement.

VznA0.png

To say it was an average day for a certain orange Pegasus would have been inaccurate. To say it was an average day for most other ponies, it would have been quite fitting. But hardly a day went by when Spitfire wasn't doing some sort of training—ether bettering herself, the Wonderbolts, or trying to shape some new recruits into team material. It wasn't always an easy job, and some may have even found it difficult. But for this mare, it was her life, her livelihood, and something she found great enjoyment in.

Today, however, was one of her rare days off. Every once in awhile, she had one, and though she may not have admitted it, it was something she really needed. Heck, it wasn't just about admitting it. Often times, she didn't realize how overworked or stressed she was, until she took a day to sleep in and just laze about. Even then, she couldn't sit still for long, and Spitfire found herself wanting to stretch her wings and get out of the house.

That's how she found herself trotting through Ponyville. It was the closest town to Cloudsdale, and thus the most convenient place to shop. She wasn't headed anywhere in particular, just walking along to pass the time, and perhaps spend some bits on something or other that looked interesting.

Thus it was that she came upon a blue and pink haired Earth pony and her cart. She would have most likely kept going on by, had the sign, 'Bon Bon's Bonbons and Chocolates' not caught her eye. Hmmm... chocolates didn't actually sound too bad. Spitfire paused, changing her straightforward direction and turning to come closer to the stand. There were a few ponies gathered already, and so as not to intrude, the Pegasus stood a little behind them, craning her neck to see the wares the mare had to offer.

8551964397_4c9dab04fc_o.jpg

Snickerdoodle was in Ponyville to do her weekly shopping. She considered getting something a little different for dessert while she was in town. Perhaps some cupcakes from Sugarcube Corner, or maybe she would stop by Sweet Apple Acres and see if Granny Smith had any pies. The pony who coined the phrase "Easy as Pie" clearly came from the Apple family. Snickerdoodle could roll out sugar cookie dough all day long, but pie crusts were problematic.

As she trotted through the marketplace, she saw a stall marked Bon Bon's with several ponies around it.

"[colour=#8b4513]Hmmm, some chocolate candies might be nice.[/colour]" Snickerdoodle thought to herself. She started moving in that direction, until she saw a familiar flame coloured pegasus in line. Crud.

Snickerdoodle wasn't sure if Spitfire remembered her after her disappointingly short stay in the Wonderbolts Academy, but she didn't want to find out for certain. She decided to hang back a bit and wait until the Wonderbolt made her purchase and moved on.

LyraBanner.png

[colour=#006666]"Well well well, you asked JUST the right question! For one large normal bag it is nine bits, but for eleven bits you get the large Excalibur bag, just like my good friend Zecora here! But don't take my word for it, try one for free!"[/colour]

[colour=#00cc99]"Why, thank you kindly, my good mare!"[/colour] said Lyra, taking the proffered bon bon with her hoof. She noticed that a small crowd had now gathered around the stand. Maybe it was getting to the busy part of the day. Or maybe it was the Wonderbolt who was standing behind drawing the crowd. Either way, it was time for the show. She popped the sweet treat into her mouth.

[colour=#00cc99]"Oh my! It's so delicious!"[/colour] she loudly exclaimed. Perhaps a little too loudly, but Lyra was lost in the moment. [colour=#00cc99]"I'd say this even trumps the skills of the master chocolatiers in Canterlot! I'll take one of those amazing Excalibur bags for eleven bits. Worth every bit,"[/colour] she added to Wonderbolt pony behind her.

Inwardly she grinned. Outwardly too. A performance like that was sure to get plenty of ponies piling up to purchase Bon Bon's chocolates. And think of the star factor of having a Wonderbolt at the stand! All the pegasi in Ponyville would show up!

Lyra had turned out to have played her role so well that new customers were turning up, ensuring for now that Bon Bon's business wasn't doomed to failure, and both she and Lyra would have to turn to alternative forms of making a living. Maybe they could have a traveling road show to showcase their unique acting talents? Heck, if that hack and a half Trixie could get away with her shlock, Bon Bon was certain a sizable audience existed for her and Lyra. She certainly played her part to the hilt when she advertised the excalibur collection as heartily as she did. Bon Bon smiled and continued her role as well.

[colour=#008000]"Well, well, glad you liked my excalibur collection, stranger!" [/colour]She said with outrageous cheer, collecting the bits for null profit as she finished the order for the 'customer', before giving a half bow with her head.

[colour=#008000]"Have a wonderful day, madame!"[/colour] Bon Bon blasted out as her attention turned to the next two customers. One of them was famous enough that she didn't need to use but a single moment to give a name to the face. Spitfire was the most famous Wonderbolt alive and arguably the most talented pegasus. Very arguably. Bon Bon was biased towards local hero Rainbow Dash, but she wasn't as purely famous as Spitfire in any condition. Serving a Wonderbolt would do well to advertise to local pegasi, and if any group of ponies needed to eat more chocolate and move a little slower, it was them. Heck, a second one had joined the line mere moments afterwards, a cute little number with a brown mane. For now though, Spitfire was up.

[colour=#008000]"It seems as though we have celebrity customers all day today!" [/colour]She laughed. Lies weren't that bad if you were the only one who knew it was a lie, after all.

[colour=#008000]"How can I help your experience today?"[/colour] And being as professional as possible didn't hurt either.

There seemed to be quite an eccentric mint green mare in front of the stand, who was enjoying the candies of the Earth pony—who was probably Bon Bon—profusely. She bragged about the goods, and how their quality vastly trumped that which could be found in Canterlot. That wasn't actually too surprising to Spitfire. Canterlot had many elegant and extravagant sweet shops, but Ponyville was much more homely. Whereas Canterlot ponies were more likely to make large batches and preserve them, most food found in Ponyville was either fresh baked or fresh picked that day, in most cases. It was just the Earth pony way, and it was quite contagious to the whole of the town. They cared for quality over quantity, and though many a great and rare treat could be found in Canterlot, the unique goods found in Ponyville frequently outdid the much more well known shops in Equestria's capitol.

Spitfire did raise a brow and back up a few steps as the eccentric Unicorn turned to her. Judging from her behavior, it was likely she had already noticed who exactly this yellow Pegasus was. It was a bit annoying that ponies commonly thought the Wonderbolts were rich, for some reason. Sure, they did make quite a few more bits than many other ponies, but they weren't exactly well-off, either. Still, ponies would try to get them to buy most anything. After all, if a Wonderbolt was seen with it, everypony else would want that same thing as well. It was free advertisement, and everypony knew it.

However, at this particular stand, there was no brand name flamboyantly placed on every package. The chocolates came in a rather plain bag, nothing unique that anypony would be able to tell came from this stand. Her presence here at the moment had already started to draw a crowd, and that was endorsement enough for Spitfire.

And, even if she didn't like to admit it, the green Unicorn had put on quite a good show. [colour=#FF8000]”Well... I suppose that Excalibur bag does sound pretty good.”[/colour] she gave a wink to the exuberant Unicorn. Well, they had BETTER be good, with how much she was buying. [colour=#FF8000]Eleven bits, right?[/colour] she reached into a saddlebag, producing the sum and passing it to the cream coloured mare. Maybe it would have been wise to ask for a sample herself before purchasing so much of the confection...

The Wonderbolts were well known for their amazing tricks that many took as simple flights of fancy taken to the extreme, but any business owner who toiled long hours knew the truth. Behind every simple move were hard lessons learned and the sheer concentration, focus, and dedication to craft it took to succeed weeded out all but the most obstinate of ponies. In a sense, Bon Bon may have understood Spitfire better than the Wonderbolt may have ever known, but that was where Bon Bon drew the line in comparison. One struggled to make a living some months, the other was arguably one of the most well known pegasi in Equestria. Bon Bon's victories were judged on the victory of a single smile a day; Spitfire could spread cheer through a whole city in a single moment of brilliance. One of them sorta sucked at advertising, the other could tell everypony about her wares. Yes, Bon Bon was very excited for Spitfire.

[colour=#006400]"Well, the Excalibur collection is eleven bits! But considering what you did for me- I was sick, but a dear friend of mine took me to a show and your awesome stunts made me forget about how awful I felt- I think a discount is in order. I can't sell it for less than this, but I think breaking even for you is well worth it. Nine bits?"[/colour] Bon Bon offered with a smile, banking on good will and great quality advertising her service better than any amount of bits. Not only would ponies want what a Wonderbolt had, but if Spitfire could start to mention the business...well, Bon Bon decided to not dwell on what would happen to her mind should she be forced to work ten times as much as she did now, but making fifty times as much money instead. If her eyes could turn into bit signs like a rolodex of currency, it would.

LyraBanner.png

[colour=#008000]"Have a wonderful day, madame!"[/colour]

[colour=#00cc99]"You too!"[/colour] replied Lyra, who grabbed the bag of treats and wandered away down the street. Once she was a fair distance away she hid behind a wall and glanced back over where the stand was.

[colour=#00cc99]"Haha! I'm so good at this! I should take acting lessons!"[/colour] she said as she pulled a bonbon from her excalibur bag and munched on it. Lyra felt elated that she had helped Bon Bon out, in whatever small way that had been. Not only that, but she had fun too! Clearly all those days spent playing dress-up as a filly had paid off.

Deciding that she'd earned a reward for her "work" today, Lyra went home to go enjoy more of Bon bon's bonbons, and maybe a cup of cocoa too. And maybe she could just sit back and listen to some music. Outside, while enjoying the sunshine.

Yes, clearly this whole working thing wasn't as bad as she'd imagined.

[Exit Lyra]

OOC:

Well, there it is. My last post as Lyra. As much as I adore her, I'm just not as into pony RP as I once was, so it's time for me to let her go. It's a shame; I really feel like I'd made her my own, as opposed to just borrowing a cast character with their own personality.

I'll miss you Lyra. I'm sure you'll have a good time with your new player.

T_T

• Like 1

[colour=#ff99cc]Oh my, such a luxurious day today. One far too good to be inside for any length of time, Aloe thought to herself as she strolled through the Ponyville Market. It seemed as if for once things had finally started to right themselves for the spa sisters. They were starting to get a bit more business again, and they didn't have the constant threat of impending doom looming over them with each passing day without a customer. As it was though, today was one of the days where they had to close the spa just to get some time to themselves. While Aloe had to admit that she loved every minute of working in the spa, there was nothing ever more valuable than free time. Especially since she got so very little of it. It was something that she cherished almost as much as her sister and her coat. [/colour]

[colour=#ff99cc]While she trotted, her nose cause the sweet aroma of chocolates in the air, and she looked to see that Bon Bon's shop was open. Oh it had been such a long time since she had any sort of chocolates or sweets, and not that she had picked up the aroma from it she was craving it. She made her way over to the shop and entered the door looking around. It seemed Bon Bon was already helping another customer so she waited patiently as she browsed the store, only to further intensify her current sweet tooth.[/colour]

[colour=#FF8000]”Oh, well you're very welcome.”[/colour] Spitfire smiled wide. Her fame was no secret, especially to herself, but not everypony could actually make it to one of the Wonderbolt shows, even if they knew of the Pegasus performance team. Spitfire wouldn't have normally accepted a discount simply because of her reputation, but seeing as Bon Bon's motive was actually to thank her in a way, Spitfire didn't decline. But accepting charity because of her status didn't seem fair, especially when she had no trouble paying. However, that was not the case this time.

[colour=#FF8000]”And thank you.”[/colour] The yellow Pegasus took the two extra bits and placed them back in her saddlebag. She was about to put away the bag of chocolates as well, but decided that she should at least try one. So Spitfire reached into her Excalibur bag, pulling out one of the chocolatey confections and placing it on her tongue.

Wow, these are good! she thought. Although, considering that the pony selling the treats was named Bon Bon, and she made bonbon's, that really shouldn't have been too surprising. [colour=#FF8000]”Well, I'm certainly glad I picked up the larger bag.”[/colour] Spitfire said. She wasn't exactly trying to advertise, but she knew well enough that there were probably quite a few ponies who had spotted her and were listening in to what she had to say. [colour=#FF8000]”These are delicious!”[/colour] Spitfire certainly wasn't going to overplay it like that Unicorn, she was just being honest. And considering that Bon Bon had given her a discount, it seemed fair for her to proclaim her enjoyment perhaps a little louder than a normal speaking voice. Of course, Spitfire was excellent at projecting her voice, as many of the Wonderbolt recruits knew all too well.

Spitfire gave a final smile and nod before she went to leave, grabbing the bag with the remaining chocolates in her mouth and turning to place it in her saddlebag. It was just for a moment, but the Pegasus wasn't watching where she was going, and bumped into another pony. She looked up to see a light coloured Pegasus, one that looked a little familiar...

[colour=#FF8000]”Oh, sorry. Excuse me.”[/colour] Spitfire looked up, studying the other pony. [colour=#FF8000]”Have we met?”[/colour] It was entirely possible. Spitfire met a lot of ponies after shows, so it wasn't too far fetched that she would run into a fan. After all, she'd just met Bon Bon, and the Earth pony was an admirer. And, as this new pony was a Pegasus, the chances were far more likely that she'd seen her at a show or just in passing in Cloudsdale.

Snickerdoodle's heart sank. Spitfire had just made her purchase, and was already turning to leave, when she bumped in to her.

[colour=#FF8000]”Oh, sorry. Excuse me.[/colour] [colour=#FF8000]Have we met?”[/colour]

Snickerdoodle smiled nervously and backed up a step. [colour=#8b4513]"Oh, that's quite all right. No harm done." [/colour]She looked down at her hooves for a moment, then back up at Spitfire. [colour=#8b4513]"Yes, ma'am. I attended the Wonderbolt Academy for a short while, but I didn't make the cut."[/colour] There, that was true enough. She wasn't as strong or as competitive as her classmates at the Academy, even though she was a very nimble flier. [colour=#8b4513]"As long as she doesn't remember the time I made an absolute fool of myself in the bar after training..." [/colour]Snickerdoodle thought to herself. She blushed a little, and quickly changed the subject. [colour=#8b4513]"So, those chocolates are pretty good, huh? I was going to get a bag for myself while I was in Ponyville for my weekly shopping. You just can't get candy like that up in Cloudsdale." [/colour]Snickerdoodle smiled her brightest smile at the flame coloured pegasus.

When Bon Bon was a young(er) mare full of fire and vinegar, she believed that quality sold the product and marketing was for the big stallions who had to mass produce their wares. She spent hours and hours and hours perfecting her recipe on a daily basis, and trotted about with her results displayed meekly on her back as she relied on sheer quality to do the work. She was a really, really stupid young(er) mare. She failed and failed and failed and saw inferior products thrive in the same situation. She learned early on that ponies were entirely pleasant and sociable creatures, and that while quality would always stand out, so would the experience. The best form of marketing then would the promise of an experience, as light, quick, and friendly as it would be, an experience only she could provide. It didn't have to be unique in the big picture, only in the details, in the word of snout she could create through small moments. It looks like the plan worked on Spitfire, who reacted as Bon Bon would have liked. Heck, and she didn't even have to cook dinner for her and snuggle in the evening to get it! True success.

She even wanted a large bag? Hot diggity, she was gonna make mint today at this rate!

[colour=#006400]"One large bag coming right up, Spitfire!"[/colour] Bon Bon spoke pleasantly, quickly pulling out a bag and filling it up- maybe even placing one or two extra. Those wings were pretty primo eye candy, and se could reward that with equally primo mouth candy. Bon Bons: The chocolate equivalent of a Wonderbolt's wings. New slogan for Cloudsdale, and it only took a visit by one of the most famous ponies in Equestria to inspire it. She worked efficiently! Bon Bon hoofed over the full bag, brimming with excitement.

[colour=#006400]"Here you go! One large bag of Bon Bons! These are really, really good, though the Excalibur collection is my best I am sure you will enjoy what you have there,[/colour][colour=#000080]" [/colour]She finished with a half-bow, waiting for payment while she scanned the others in line. The mare who engaged Spitfire in line was a cutie and, just as importantly, somepony new. Much easier than somepony who knew Bon Bon and her silly, silly tricks. Though for now she still needed payment from Spitfire for the Large Bag before she moved in to this little number. After her was Aloe, a pony that Bon Bon felt looked a little oout of place outside of the steamy confines of her impressive spa. In fact, Bon Bon squinted just the tiniest bit to make sense of her outside of the spa. She didn't know her so well but heck, worst came to worst, she could hopefully swing a free spa trip out of it! She waved to Aloe, happy to see that at least some local ponies were making it to the cart today.

2sb9yxc.jpg

When somepony usually gazes up at the skies above Ponyville, one could be forgiven if they thought they were staring at the firmament of a blissful fantasy world. No rogue clouds to obscure Celestia’s bright sun, no smoke from factories choking the blue heavens, and no stray winds to create havoc among all things that easily blow away. Thanks to the diligence of the local weather team, no stone was left unturned in beautifying the day.

On this particular day however, an uncharacteristic black smudge hovered over the town like a stain botching a beautiful white dress. This black smudge was in fact a lone raincloud; a raincloud oozing with electricity and commandeered by no other than one Derpy Hooves. Yes, Electrical Weather Specialist Hooves was on the scene, and she had a most super-duper reason to cast an eyesore over Ponyville.

You see, ponies had been complaining recently that Derpy’s performance during scheduled thunderstorms had been steadily worsening... more than usual. To be blunt, more trees had been accidently struck by lightning during these storms; all a result of poor accuracy on the part of Derpy Hooves. As nopony liked looking at burnt remains of trees, the blonde-maned pegasus had hence been asked by her superiors on the weather team to be more careful of how she aimed her lightning strikes.

Ever the one to crash into a challenge head-on, Derpy made it her top priority to work on improving her electrical aim... and what better time and place to practice than above the bustling streets of Ponyville at high noon? It all made sense to the young mare; there were plenty of trees throughout the idyllic settlement, she’d be able to concentrate better having just finished a big lunch, and other ponies would be out and about to encourage her. With all these factors considered, Derpy Hooves had 1,000% confidence that her lightning strikes wouldn’t scorch a single leaf or trunk today!

Peeking over the electricity-filled cloud, Miss Hooves spied with her googly eyes one particularly-big and beautiful tree planted right by a market stand of some sort... what that stand was Derpy couldn’t discern from up above. No matter for the dangerously-optimistic pegasus though; that tree would make an excellent target nonetheless, abit a target she’d have to avoid. After staring long enough to get a sense of where NOT to aim, Derpy pounced at the cloud, sending a bolt of searing plasma towards the ground. In a matter of milliseconds, Derpy’s lightning bolt had avoided the tree completely and instead hit the nearby market stand.

SUCCESS!!! Elated that her first conscious attempt to avoid hitting trees, Derpy Hooves swiftly flew down towards the stand to relate her happiness to the stand owner below, not realizing that she probably had caused inconvenient property damage in the process. Finally seeing that the booth in question was Bon Bon's, a cheerful gray pegasus waved hello and shouted; [colour=#ffcc00]"Hiya Bon Bon! Did you see me miss that tree over there???"[/colour] Puffing her chest in the middle of hovering, Miss Hooves proudly added: [colour=#ffcc00]"Ole' Derpy won't be hitting them anymore when the next storm comes around!"[/colour]

• Like 1

[colour=#ff66cc]As Aloe looked around and took in all of the enticing aromas that could be inhaled from the cart, she smiles. It's been far too long since i've had anything sweet and delicious. I think I can afford one day of splurging, she thought to herself. looking at the assortment of chocolates and candies, she noticed that Bon Bon had waved toward her, and now that she was in the shop, she noticed that there one of the wonderbolts had dropped by. not just any of the wonderbolts though, it was the wonderbolt. She wasn't in her uniform today though which meant that she was most likely off duty. Aloe would have to catch up with her at some point. Even though she wasn't a pegasus, she still envied the ability to fly, and Spitfire was one of the best in Equestria. If anypony would know the thrills of flying, it would be her, or rainbow dash, and she felt that she'd at least have somewhat of an easier time talking with Spitfire than Rainbow, given how she was the couple times that Rainbow had been in the spa. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]She quickly shook her head though and approached the front of the cart where Bon Bon was. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Hello, Ms. Bon Bon. I was just passing through the market when the beautiful aroma of your chocolates filled the air. It has been a long while since I had last purchased anything sweet as chocolates. I figured that since I my sister and I had the day off, I would surprise her with some sweets today. It would be good for us both, I think,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she smiled to Bon Bon. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"That... being said... It's been so long since I've bought anything of the like... I've forgotten which ones where the best... What would you recommend?"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she asked. Since Bon Bon made all sorts of delicious candies, she figured she'd be the best pony to ask for advice. No sooner had she gotten the question out of her mouth though, did a bolt of lightning come crashing into Bon Bon's stand causing her to dive to the side to get out of the way, and landed awkwardly on the ground. She quickly began to sit back up and she heard shouting coming from above them. She recognized the voice, but she couldn't see the damage yet as her eyes were still clearing themselves. [/colour]

Aloe trotted up to the front of the line, skipping Snickerdoodle who was currently engaged with Spitfire in conversation. That was fine as far as Bon Bon was concerned; she wasn't going to throw a hissy fit about line integrity as long as Snickers was dealing with the Wonderbolt captain. And while she was knee-deep in admiration(or something similar) with Spitfire, Bon Bon would make a few bits. She won, her bitpurse won, Snickers won, Equestria won! Aloe spoke, explaining that today was her day off and she thought it best that treats fill the void of work. Bon Bon wouldn't blame her for that, even if she could, because treats could fill the void of a thousand things. Voids such as a special somepony leaving you, getting fired, not making even for the month and being threatened for evicting, waking up in the middle of the night with a unicorn horn poking you in the eye, eye-patch designer having a sense of humor about the ordeal, running into a doorknob once you couldn't see half of the world, and then being out of work blinded for a few days. These voids were perfect for treats.

[colour=#000080]"Well, well, I think I have plenty of options for mares such as you and your sister. Let's take a closer look!" [/colour]Bon Bon opined pleasantly, taking out her chocolates drawer by drawer. Not only could she display all of her wares, but the treats could breathe. Not only would this increase the aroma, but it would prevent them from getting too stuffy. [colour=#000080]"Now, what we have here is-"[/colour]

And then it happened. A crack, a boom, the splintering of wood and a flash that sent the hairs of her mane on end as the world briefly went all white. Just as quickly as it came it vanished, leaving her confused and shook up. She turned around to investigate the spot where the...

...Her stand was a smoldering ruin, the sign limply flapping in the wind until it turned to dust and vanished. Bon Bon had no thoughts. Her eyes and ears twitched in shock. Then Derpy spoke. Still no response, mouth agape at the scene of destruction.

[colour=#000080]"My...cart...DDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"[/colour] Bon Bon screamed at the pleased pegasus. She loved Derpy like she loved anypony else which did little to dull her white-hot fury.

[colour=#000080]"You- my BUSINESS! You- I- Aloe- GAHH!"[/colour] She stomped in place, her mane getting messier in the process and resembling odd cotton candy by this juncture. She shook her hoof at the pegasus, yelled something unintelligible, and turned back to her delicious chocolates, which were safe in their drawers. She still had business to conduct. She'd hunt Derpy down later.

[colour=#000080]"Well, ah, I suppose it is fortunate that I took the chocolates out! When you recover, please take a look- I suggest a small bag for both you and your sister!" [/colour]She ended with obviously fake cheer. How much chocolate would it take to completely cover Derpy, and would anypony miss the pegasus?

• Like 1

2sb9yxc.jpg

Unable to withstand the physical manifestation of Bon Bon’s anguished verbal assault, Derpy Hooves found herself careening straight in the direction of Aloe. It was only through frantically flapping her wings that the pegasus managed to successfully avoid a collision. That was, until the yellow earth pony’s shrill cry subsided of course. With no screaming to fight against, nothing stopped Derpy from zooming right into the ruins of the bonbon stand and wrecking it even more... if such a thing was possible.

Her head emerging from the wooden wreckage with a dazed look (more so than usual), it was only now that Miss Hooves finally greeted the spa pony. [colour=#ffcc00]“Hey Aloe!”[/colour] exclaimed the googly-eyed mare; [colour=#ffcc00]“Looks like Bon Bon could use a trip to the spa, don’t ya’ think?”[/colour] Sensing that Bon Bon herself was a bad mood, Derpy reached inside her figurative bag of tricks to see what words of comfort she could provide to her fellow pony; [colour=#ffcc00]“...Is there anything bothering you, Bon Bon?”[/colour] Truly, no question could be so innocently naïve as the one uttered right then.....

• Like 1

(Not Snickers, please. Doodle if you must, but never Snickers)

Snickerdoodle felt the familiar tingle in her feathers and jumped back just before a lightning bolt hit the candy stand. She looked up.

[colour=#ffcc00]"Hiya Bon Bon! Did you see me miss that tree over there???"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]"My...cart...DDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"[/colour]

Ah. Snickerdoodle had heard of the infamous Derpy Hooves, but never met her before now. Probably just as well, since the grey pegasus seemed to like dropping lightning bolts on ponies heads.

Fortunately, Bon Bon had removed some of her chocolates to display for another customer before the cart had been hit. Any candy left would have been melted from the electricity. It might be re-tempered, but that would take a lot of work, and mean lost sales for the rest of the day.

Then, for some reason, Derpy veered straight into the cart again, crushing it even more. Snickerdoodle Looked forlornly at what was left. It wasn't her cart, but she still felt really badly for the yellow mare. And she had her heart set on some chocolates today.

[colour=#ff66cc]After a few more moments of tantalizing dizziness, Aloe was finally able to clear her vision... Although afterwards wishing she hadn't. Bon Bon's cart was in shambles. Really? What is it with pegasi and their constant need to destroy things? she thought to herself. Thankfully Bon Bon took it a bit better than Golden Harvest did, even though she appeared to be furious with Derpy. That bit was to be expected though. No sooner did Bon Bon finish addressing Derpy, did the gray pegasus dive down into the shambles, and made them... well... even more shambly. Aloe's face went deadpan as she mare came back out of the broken mess. As much as Aloe wanted to say something though, this was still a public place. Much to her dismay it would be frowned upon to completely lash out at the gray mare. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]Bon Bon though, thankfully had managed to save some of her chocolates and she showed them to Aloe. The sweetness in the air was overwhelming to her, and it only served to intensify her want. She in turn though, noticed the cream-coloured mare behind her also eying the chocolates. She looked back to the drawers that Bon Bon had managed to save of the chocolates to see what the numbers were looking like. After all, she didn't want to rob somepony else the chance to miss out on a treat, especially when said pony was technically here before she was. However, it seemed like there were still more than enough chocolates to go around. She smiled and trotted over to where Bon Bon was. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Oh, they are simply fabulous,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she stated turning back towards Derpy with bit of a scowl. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Unlike the actions of some others..."[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she spoke in an unusually stern tone. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"I'll take two dozen please, in separate bags if you have any left. One bag for me, and one for my sister,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she finished with a smile towards the candy mare. [/colour]

BonBonPostBannerwithtext.jpg

If you kicked a ditzy pegasus so hard she flew to the moon, would it make a sound? Or would her empty space be occupied by beautiful, beautiful, silence? Beyond all other things it was Derpy's unrelenting naivety that angered Bon Bon the most. You couldn't reach or teach the one who's mind was flightier than the fanciest Wonderbolt, only look on and want to eat your own mane off whenever your paths crossed. And Celestia knew their paths crossed far too many times for the mare to count, an unstoppable juggernaut of fate occasionally ruining all of her hopes and dreams for the day. Lyra would kick Bon Bon out of their house tonight, which was unusual considering it was Bon Bon's cart and business that had just been ruined. But she knew how it would be. Cases would be made and Bon Bon would invariably lose because she fell for Lyra's acting every time. Then in the morning she would learn it was because Lyra wanted to build a for made out of pillows or something equally ridiculous and Bon Bon would say to herself, never again. But it would happen again and again, because Bon Bon was a tool. A tool made out of angry pony that wanted to kick Derpy Hooves to the moon in any case.

She glared at Derpy for a few seconds.

[colour=#0000cd]"You just destroyed my cart, Derpy," [/colour]She replied cooly, before shaking her head, [colour=#0000cd]"just get in line and we'll talk about this after I'm done with the customers. You better have a lot of bits on hoof, Derps," [/colour]She turned her attention back to Aloe, who was living up to her smooth name by focusing in on the bon bons themselves. She wanted two dozen, one for both she and her sister. That could be arranged lickity split. She plastered on a fake smile for the benefit of the mare in line behind Aloe, who didn't need to know as accurately how angry Bon Bon was at Derpy in that moment.

[colour=#0000cd]"Two small bags? Sounds great to me,"[/colour] Bon Bon exclaimed, scooping them up. She tied the bags and hooved them over to Aloe.

[colour=#0000cd]"That'll be 14 bits!"[/colour]

2sb9yxc.jpg

Finally, it dawned on Derpy Hooves that Bon Bon’s stand had been pulverized... and that she may have had a role to play in it. Derpy wasn’t sure what exactly may have been that role; all she remembered was that lightning bolt striking the cart and accidently flying into the ruins once Bon Bon’s shouting ceased. More confusion entered the googly-eyed mare’s head as the bonbon maker emotionlessly her if she had a lot of bits; wait a tic, if Bon Bon’s stand got destroyed, why did she need bits instead? Why didn’t she ask for a new stand instead; wasn't that what the earth pony needed right now, and not bits?

...Of course! Miss Hooves knew just what she had to do! Jumping out of the wooden wreckage, Derpy enthusiastically gave Bon Bon her proposal; [colour=#ffcc00]“Hey, I know; I can make a new cart for you, Bon Bon. Just give me thirty minutes to a hour, and you’ll be owning the most spiffiest market stand that Ponyville has ever seen! Of course,”[/colour] now, Derpy flew slightly up in the air and hovered towards a custard-coloured pegasus she didn’t recognize... as if such a thing ever stopped her before; [colour=#ffcc00]“I could get the job done faster if I have somepony to help meeeeeee...”[/colour] Certainly, Miss Hooves couldn't foresee how this latest act of hers could possibly go awry. Everything would be just fine.....

Snickerdoodle looked up in alarm, worried that Derpy might try again to zap her with a lightning bolt.

[colour=#ffcc00]“Hey, I know; I can make a new cart for you, Bon Bon. Just give me thirty minutes to a hour, and you’ll be owning the most spiffiest market stand that Ponyville has ever seen! Of course,[/colour] [colour=#ffcc00]I could get the job done faster if I have somepony to help meeeeeee...”[/colour]

She looked left and right, then the realization dawned on her.

[colour=#8b4513]"You mean me? Um, sure, I guess I could help. I do have a little experience building stuff, I suppose."[/colour]

Snickerdoodle was pretty darn sure this was not going to go well, but if she could help, or at the very least try to keep the clumsy grey mare occupied for a little while, then maybe it would be okay. She was definitely going to earn her chocolates, at any rate.

[colour=#8b4513]"Terribly sorry, Miss Bonbon," [/colour]she whispered to the candy mare. [colour=#8b4513]"I'll do my best to keep her out of your mane for awhile."[/colour]

She looked up at Derpy. [colour=#8b4513]"Okay, what do we need to do first?"[/colour]