Hey, I'll play with you some other time!

Needlemouse

About Myself: Just a wandering roleplayer, driftin' along cyberspace, looking for someplace new to settle into.

How I found Canterlot.com: Google works wonders!

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: Uhh, I watched it. I'm pretty sure that's how one becomes a fan of stuff, right? Watching it. Yeah. ..Right?

My favourite main cast pony/s: Twilight Sparkle

Howdy, ponyfolk of all varieties. This'll actually be my very first MLP-based community that I've ever joined, so that's somethin', I guess! As my name and the obvious header here should probably suggest, I'm a Sonic fan, and actually am pretty well-versed in roleplaying, having been doing so for about 15 years or so at this point of time - and sure enough, I do a pretty slick Sonic characterization. I've sorta toyed with the idea of 'What if he just randomly dropped into Equestria one day?' for a while and finally decided I might as well take the idea by the horns and just run with it, so keep an eye out for a future thread on that subject sometime soon enough! Anyways, nice to meetcha all, and here's hopin' we all get along, eh?

Heh, thanks for the greetings. I'm still workin' my way around reading through the rules and such to make sure I got everythin' clear - still a few things I ain't too solid on, at that, but I'll probably get it down eventually.

Eh, I'm pretty sure the pony fandom is all too familiar with the phrase 'does not represent the rest of us', yeah? While there's a pretty huge community, and there's a big divide, it should be noted that there are plenty of good and decent Sonic fans out there - they just don't hang out on Sonic communities. LOL

• Like 1

Eh, I'm pretty sure the pony fandom is all too familiar with the phrase 'does not represent the rest of us', yeah? While there's a pretty huge community, and there's a big divide, it should be noted that there are plenty of good and decent Sonic fans out there - they just don't hang out on Sonic communities. LOL

Oh no that's not what I meant. I know all too well that every fandom has it's eccentrics and jerk faces. What I was refering to was I never understood WHY it has such a large fandom. The old games were frustrating but fun, the new-ish games are okay, the latest games (I've played) are kinda bad, and the TV show (that I remember) was well... okay I guess?

I dunno, I'm probably just missing something.

Haha. Well, the older games were insanely fun - not sure about frustrating; challenging, yes, but in the way that you felt a definite sense of accomplishment when you managed to complete them. Especially Sonic 3 & Knuckles, as the save feature made keeping your success scored all the more easy and thus rewarding. I'll agree on the pretty bad aspect of the later additions to the series - generally speaking, I don't feel any good games were released after Sonic Adventure 2 (though Heroes had its charm, and the music was awesome). At the same time though, the series seems to finally be making a turning point towards not sucking so much again; Sonic Unleashed's day stages, for one are a great time to be had, Sonic Colours in general was a great game, and Generations was pretty much a love letter of sizeable proportions.

So why does it have fans.. well.. everyone has their own favourite character. Their own favourite game and their favourite moment. Just as MLP's fans have their own favourite ponies, or other critters, or their favourite moments and episodes. To me, it's always been about Sonic, at least. I like the idea of a heroic jerk that saves the day not because "it's the right thing to do" but because it's totally on whim or for the sake of being a jerk to the villain and little else. It's free-spirited and it kinda represents a piece of my childhood at the same time. So while I can't speak for the rest of the fans, that's my take on the whole hullabaloo, at least.

• Like 1

Heeeey, welcome - always nice to see a fellow sonic fan! :3

I'm a bit of a sonic fan myself { Robikku = Sonikku + Rob } and myself am an ardent fan of RP'ing on one particular Sonic RP Chat now and then.

Good to know that you're venturing into the world of pony, and hope that things work out here - although I probably should warn you in advance that Sonic as a character probably wouldn't work out in the MANE Equestria RP, nor would a pony based on him too heavily...but you could probably work out a happy medium that allows you to retain certain characteristics without coming across too heavily as a complete similarity of Sonic and tus not be relegated to crossovers. :smirk:

And with that little welcome out of the way, lemme just bust out the welcome gear...

spin_that_vinyl_by_m99moron-d4x7xah.png

Welcome to Canterlot.com! :3

we hope you enjoy your time with us.

Welcome to Canterlot!! And honestly, I believe Shadow is way cooler than Sonic, haha. Oh, have you thought about doing a cross over RP with Sonic and MLP!? That would be pretty epic. But it sucks how Rainbow Dash doesn't really even compare to Sonic's speed. I mean, it would make for a great story or something with a race between the two, but according to facts, Rainbow Dash doesn't stand a chance.

Hehe, you're probably the first pony I've met that's said that! Yeah, I did the fact checking as much as pony physics would allow, but even with the most liberal accountance of Rainbow Dash's speed clocks her off at Mach 10, which Sonic can just slightly edge out over based on his own 'top speed'.

And since you mention it - yes! I do in fact plan on starting up a crossover thread. I even have the app down for the character already. The aim is to pretty much follow the canon full-on as much as WoE does (heck, if the place has its own established timeline of events I might set it at the conclusion of the previous plot/event, just before whichever one is currently going on), with just Sonic-only dropped in there. ..maybe some chao too. For pure cuteness perks.

Warning: Following video has some gore and TECHNICALLY bad "language" (more like gestures)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkgO7mPdQs

Also... It is hard to best the fastest thing alive... Just sayin' ;)

Hey there, Needle. I know you and I are already very-well acquainted!

Believe it or not, everypony, I know Needle from well over a decade ago, and we figured out last night who we both were to each other. Small internet, huh?! He's a skilled roleplayer, and I can only promise fun times once he gets his thread going. :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes so far, heh. Definitely bein' made to feel at home, that's for sure. And I watch both those shows, LifeIsMusic. And who doesn't like music, for that matter?

YES! Do ya have a fave Doctor? Supernatural's Dean and Sam are awesome! Also my fave genre of music is rock and metal :20: Do ya have a fave music?

Hmm. I like a lotta Doctors, to be honest. I'm probably one of the few that even appreciates Christopher Eccleston's performance. David Tennant was great, lovin' what Matt Smith's doin' with the role. Tom Baker is god-tier, and William Hartnell.. where oh where would we be without Hartnell.

Anyways, music-wise I'm pretty wide-spread. So long as it entertains me, it can come from any genre. I'll even listen to stuff as far back as the 20's if it's good listenin'.