Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Open: OOC Discussion)

Name: Draco

Race: Pegasus (but his wings are dragon wings not feather)

**Faction: unsure..

***Goal/Motivation: to figure out what to do with himself

Background Story: when his mother was pregnant with him before the revolution a mysterious group of scientists offered alot of money to do genetic experiments on him as a result when he was born he had Dragon wings instead of Feather wings but sadly his mother died during his birth and his father pulled him out of the program .. trying to raise him normally... during flight school he became super timid and shy due to the amount of ridicule received from the other foals.. and this in turn made him Run away shortly after graduating now with the whole revolution thing he is now in hiding in a forest unsure of what to do with himself. the war has affected him he thinks himself too ghastly for the REF and when he tried to pass through a GEF checkpoint the prejudice was dripping off them. he did not blame them but .. it still hurt... now in the world with a unsure future he tries to make a place for himself.. where ever he can..

(second try...)

[colour=#282828]Name: The Equestioner (Real name is Lon that no one knows except for his possibly dead special somepony)[/colour]

[colour=#282828]*Age: Colt[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: Male[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Race: Unicorn[/colour]

[colour=#282828]**Faction: RLF[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Occupation:Willing and daring front line soldier, if not interrogating enemies. (Thus the Equestioner)[/colour]

[colour=#282828]***Goal/Motivation and [/colour][colour=#282828]Background Story[/colour][colour=#282828]: The GEF took his life. His love life that is. Since school, he and his special somepony, Reina, were stuck together like glue. Then the GEF started making those protest speeches. Everypony could hear it, and it got to the point where Reina eventually had to scream at one of them for how stupid they sounded about new Equestrian order. When they took power of course, they saw her as a threat. "They won't kill me" she always told him. "I'm blind and disabled." She was dead wrong.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]They stormed into her parent's house and seized her from her dinner table while eating. Lon heard and saw her kicking and screaming as she was dragged out into the middle of their residential area, where a bright flash was made and the two seizing brutes and his purpose in life were taken away. At that time, he knew his new purpose. Find Reina and save her. And if something had gone wrong with her, something wrong was going to be wrong with the GEF. Something along the lines of slaughter. When all is done, he will be dead, but how many lay in his wake will be equal to how long he survives.[/colour]

Name: Agent Nova Arkwing

Race: Pegasus

**Faction: Freelancer

Freelancer

Originally Freelancer was a Special Operations research program created by the old Equestrian government tasked with the study of skilled agents and modify them genetically, psychologically and using scraps from Discord's and the Changeling attack at the wedding created advanced technologies to experiment with, the Project operated in secrecy and very little was known of, it was only known by the Canterlot and Cloudsdale military science committees who even then had very little knowledge of the Project, the leader of the Project known only as the Director took the Project personally after he had lost his special somepony after the Changeling attack the cause of death was unknown but it appeared that she died due to a failure of some kind, the Director is constantly haunted by memories of her believing he had failed her, he was determined to make this project a success by achieving his goals by any means necessary and is unafraid of pushing ethnic boundaries for the sake of ponykind and in memory of his deceased lover.

When the old government fell the Freelancer project disappeared into the shadows of time, 5 years on they returned and are stronger than ever, their base of operations is unknown their leader known only as the Director operates in shadows and very influential, they operate in small decentralized cells across Equestria, their influence is everywhere operating in high ranking positions of governments even governments outside of Equestria in other lands, factions as well as various other organisations be it Political, Economic, Scientific and Military in Equestria. They only exist as rumors as because in every raid that they have started only a handful of Equestrian survivors who appear to have lost their sanity remain even then the survivors only speak of shadows. Demons stalking and watching them from the darkness, they are VERY loosely affiliated with the GEF and RLF they distrust both sides greatly since every Freelancer has lost someone to both sides and lost people close to them during the war but they would work with either side if it aids the Freelancer cause and aren't afraid of abandoning either side to their fate once their objectives are complete, they appear to be very elusive and very little is known of them but they task themselves with the role of preserving Freelancer and ponykind and safeguarding their secrets and knowledge as an old saying goes...

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

***Goal/Motivation: To ensure the Freelancers and Ponykind's survival at all costs, Doesn't care for such things as nationalities or patriotism, to carry on living and honouring his fallen comrades and in his family's memories and name.

Background Story:

Nova was born to a proud militaristic pegasi family on Cloudsdale his father was a high ranking CO and his mother led one of Cloudsdale's elite flying combat teams in the Royal Equestrian Air Force and his brother and sister were weather team employees, he was a young determined, courageous, intelligent and formidable flyer, he won many flight contests and made quite a name for himself when he was a Colt then when he was of age he joined the EAF where his flight skills truly came to play as he rose to the rank of Wing Commander at the time of Discord's arrival with his skills he managed to secure the shield around Canterlot and afterwards was offered a chance to try out for the special forces his parents didn't approve as they said that the special forces had no accountability, respect or responsibility for what they do after a large argument he accepted the offer.

He joined the special forces while still in command of his squadron before the Changeling attack at the Royal Wedding, he was ordered to hold the Changelings back for as long as possible, he survived but it was hopeless his superiors had incompetently sent his squadron to their deaths as they broke through anyway, his entire squadron was wiped out he watched helplessly as the Changelings ripped them apart he still fought the the Changelings valiantly until the shockwave banished the Changelings out of Canterlot.

6 months after the Changeling attacks his sister had died from a heart condition which caused her heart to stop pumping life around her body and ultimately fail, she was laid to rest in Cloudsdale and the funeral was a personal family matter therefore only family and friends were invited, Nova continued to fly the skies for the Special forces he was assigned to take part of Project: Freelancer he joined up and became a Freelancer Agent, although he technically still served the Princess and the Special forces, what happened regarding Freelancer was a mystery but as time progressed he became faster, stronger, meaner and by the time of the Rebellion he was a fully fledged Freelancer, a one-pegasi army in his own rite.

When the Rebellion reached it's climax at the Everfree Forest he served with three other Freelancer agents their objective was to destroy key NEO assets in the area, his mission, although a success the Changelings appeared once again and wiped out Loyalist forces including his mother's squadron who were killed by the Changeling waves, as the NEO marched to Canterlot they rapidly took control of Cloudsdale and took the Loyalist Air Force High Commanders prisoner and executed those who didn't choose to defect to their cause, they executed Nova's brother and finally his Father in one fell swoop, the Freelancers withdrew to safety and they waited and disappeared until the present year, however their influence in high authorities of the new GEF and Equestria has made them very powerful but the rest is history, his current whereabouts are unknown, likewise for Freelancer in general.

(Hope it's good enough.)

Yikes, Nova. Very impressive. The Freelancers seem like a very...interesting...organization. A few issues, however:

1. You'll have to limit the exact knowledge of the politcal and militaristic power of the GEF, because the Red Fox is quite the perfectionist...meaning that he/she always makes sure that the officials of these branches are completely under his/her control. There's a reason why the Red Fox is feared...if there is any information that would be crucial to these groups that the Freelancers receive, they would only get that information if the Red Fox wanted them to.

2. Consider the Red Fox omniscient...nothing goes on in Equestria that he/she doesn't know about. However, he/she has one major flaw: the lack of desire to handle these issues him/herself. So, while the Red Fox has knowledge of the Freelancers and their workings, the rest of the GEF may know nothing about them. There's a saying that is more true than you'd think..."Knowledge is power."

3. (While this really isn't an issue...) Perhaps we can have your Director and my Red Fox come to an agreement...hmm? It would seem like the sort of shady thing the leaders of these organizations would do to ensure each other's interests. For Ex.: The Freelancers supply information on the Loyalists to the Red Fox, and in return, the GEF doesn't get involved with Freelancer affairs. I don't know, something to that effect :) we can talk about it through PM if you wish.

Basically, I was only talking about the Freelancers. The actual OC App is well done, and accepted ;)

Yikes, Nova. Very impressive. The Freelancers seem like a very...interesting...organization. A few issues, however:

1. You'll have to limit the exact knowledge of the politcal and militaristic power of the GEF, because the Red Fox is quite the perfectionist...meaning that he/she always makes sure that the officials of these branches are completely under his/her control. There's a reason why the Red Fox is feared...if there is any information that would be crucial to these groups that the Freelancers receive, they would only get that information if the Red Fox wanted them to.

2. Consider the Red Fox omniscient...nothing goes on in Equestria that he/she doesn't know about. However, he/she has one major flaw: the lack of desire to handle these issues him/herself. So, while the Red Fox has knowledge of the Freelancers and their workings, the rest of the GEF may know nothing about them. There's a saying that is more true than you'd think..."Knowledge is power."

3. (While this really isn't an issue...) Perhaps we can have your Director and my Red Fox come to an agreement...hmm? It would seem like the sort of shady thing the leaders of these organizations would do to ensure each other's interests. For Ex.: The Freelancers supply information on the Loyalists to the Red Fox, and in return, the GEF doesn't get involved with Freelancer affairs. I don't know, something to that effect :) we can talk about it through PM if you wish.

Basically, I was only talking about the Freelancers. The actual OC App is well done, and accepted ;)

Thanks, and I'll re-work the app, I was being somewhat vague with the amount of knowledge since I didn't want to sound too...Overpowered.

1. Of course but as I said before didn't want to look overpowered and the Freelancers have influence in other factions too which is why I didn't specifically mention the GEF, imagine they operate on the same basis as Cerberus in Mass Effect 2, they're very grey and mysterious not to mention very advanced, they have their own agenda that leads to the advancement and preservation of Ponykind, and they only get involved directly if it affects or interests their cause. A.K.A Shadow Faction/government.

2. And the Freelancers hold that motto dear (it's how they execute their raids with such precision and perfection and choose to leave one survivor alive and mess with his/her head so much to make them insane so authorities won't believe their stories.

3. Of course sent me one when you're ready.

Thank you it takes me great pride in being rps like this since it's such a fantastic creative workout like bringing depth, investigating motives etc. :)

Thanks, and I'll re-work the app, I was being somewhat vague with the amount of knowledge since I didn't want to sound too...Overpowered.

1. Of course but as I said before didn't want to look overpowered and the Freelancers have influence in other factions too which is why I didn't specifically mention the GEF, imagine they operate on the same basis as Cerberus in Mass Effect 2, they're very grey and mysterious not to mention very advanced, they have their own agenda that leads to the advancement and preservation of Ponykind, and they only get involved directly if it affects or interests their cause. A.K.A Shadow Faction/government.

2. And the Freelancers hold that motto dear (it's how they execute their raids with such precision and perfection and choose to leave one survivor alive and mess with his/her head so much to make them insane so authorities won't believe their stories.

Thank you it takes me great pride in being rps like this since it's such a fantastic creative workout like bringing depth, investigating motives etc. :)

I am so glad to hear it! :) I look forward to working with you on this. As for overpowered...I'm not going to lie and tell you that the Red Fox isn't overpowered...because he/she is. It's kinda my goal with the character....since you can consider the Red Fox the main antagonist in this RP, depending on your side.

Plus...his/her identity will be quite the mind-breaker. If anypony hete wants, you can try to guess the Red Fox's true identity. If you do...you get a cookie! :lol: No, but seriously, if you can guess correctly, I have a surprise for you.

I am so glad to hear it! :) I look forward to working with you on this. As for overpowered...I'm not going to lie and tell you that the Red Fox isn't overpowered...because he/she is. It's kinda my goal with the character....since you can consider the Red Fox the main antagonist in this RP, depending on your side.

Plus...his/her identity will be quite the mind-breaker. If anypony hete wants, you can try to guess the Red Fox's true identity. If you do...you get a cookie! :lol: No, but seriously, if you can guess correctly, I have a surprise for you. Just make sure to send your guesses to me through PM, so that way I can keep it mostly on the down-low if you guess correctly.

Hehe...Red Fox is a main cast character, but who said it was a previous antagonist/villain? Also, if it WERE Luna, that'd be pretty badarse, faking your own death in front of all of Equestria...plotting the destruction of your own sister and family...quite an interesting proposition, but sadly no. Red Fox is not Luna.

Name: Licorice Black

Looks:

post-4257-0-12550600-1347007083_thumb.pn

Race: Earth Pony (though she wishes that she'd been born a unicorn)

**Faction: [colour=#008080]Last Equestrian Hope (LEH)[/colour]

***Goal/Motivation: She has always been interested in magic, potion making, strange creatures, and the seemingly unreal. Licorice is very passionate about what she does, and loves to share it with others. Because of the horrible larger fractions, both fighting for power, Licorice has grown to despise the discrimination and cruelties of the [colour=#2f4f4f]Grand Equestrian Federation (GEF)[/colour] and would just like to see the fighting end on BOTH sides, and everypony get along peacefully.

Background Story: Licorice became interested in magic and such because her parents would travel all around Equestria in their little caravan, reading hooves, telling fortunes, and selling potions. They faked their way through it, just to profit off of it, but Licorice really grew to see how wrong that was, and from then on, disliked the untruthful. So even at a very young age, she learned that ponies in the world lie, cheat, and abuse power. She believes that power is in fact being abused by the GEF, and would like to see the end of it.

Any further details I'd be happy to provide, Licorice Black is a very fleshed out character who I've used in a few large rp's now.

Nice App, Starstorm. Only a few questions:

1. How exactly did she join the LEH? Was there a specific event that led to her joining it?

2. Her desire to be a unicorn...can that be played upon? Is she open with that desire or does she lock it away in her heart?

3. Where does she live now? Is she in one of the newly rebuilt towns/cities or older cities, or is she a traveler/loner?