VOCALOID: Do you like it? Who are your favorite VOCALOIDs?

Valencetiger

Favorite VOCALOIDs  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite VOCALOIDs

Hello, everypony! I made this thread to see if anyone liked VOCALOID, and what their favorite songs and characters are :)

As for me, well...:

Favorite Characters: Kagamine Len, Kagamine Rin, and Kumai Gakupo.

Favorite Songs: Basically most Mothy/Akuno-P, mainly the Evil Saga and Seven Sins series. I also like Hitoshizuku-P, he makes really beautiful lyrics and music over-all :D

I got hooked onto VOCALOID by a friend of mine who had sent me links...and ever since its become one of my favorite things to listen to! :blush:

Jk.jpg

(P.S: I'm using that as my wallpaper

:P )

Though you can never beat a real singing voice, I do like Vocaloid, though only when it is done right. Mainly the songs that get rid of the robotic tone as best as possible. Though some songs that purposely play on the robotic sounds (for example: Matryoshka) are fine with me.

As for a favorite, I would say Utatane Pico, Gackpoid (though it can't beat Gackt himself), and Kaito.

As for a song, "Pico Pico: Legend of the Night".

Oh god why? I have too many songs to list, like Servant of Evil, Migikata no Chou, Just Be Friends, Triple Baka, and just a shipload of more songs.

My favorite vocaloids are Len, Rin, Lily, Kaito, and another Vocaloid whose name is comprised of letters and numbers that I can't remember. :blush: I also love Gumi. Man do I love Liky and Gumi.

Though Asami Shimoda's voice when not altered for Len or Rin, is beautiful on its own, I love Len's voice. X3

Don't even get me started on UTAUs, since I like them too. (Kasand Teto~)

VOCALOID Fun Fact- Nyan Cat was originally sang by Hatsune Miku. Someone transferred the song into UTAU Momone....(Forgot her name), and then the guy who made Nyan Cat just put that over it! *nerd*

That's a thing from my past. Vocaloids... Meh. As for choice, it's easy already. Hatsune Miku #1, Megurine Luka #2.

But top songs are mainly Miku's achievement: Love is War; Last Night, Good Night; Melt; Perfectionist Complex [Luka].

I'm overall okay with them, but I find their prevalence in the cosplay scene to be a bit annoying. I don't know why, but Vocaloid costumes rarely work for me.

True...many of the VOCALOID appearances can be a bit overwhelming. Still, though...I have to say that I prefer the old-school look for them :) Mothy #1!

• 1 month later...

So I was introduced to Vocaloids a long time ago and never really cared what it was about and stuff but just recently I fell in love with the Vocaloids and more specially Miku and Haku <3 !Yeah but I just want your thoughts and comments about Vocaloids and maybe even recommend some songs!

P.S.I'm listening to Kocchi Muite Baby right now! :)

My opinion? I hate vocaloids, like their songs.

In other words, I don't like electric sounding voices unless they have a place. Vocoloid music is mostly pop and rock music. I believe a natural voice should be used there. I do enjoy vocalist covers of Vocaloid songs though. There are a few awesome ones too.

Vocaloid huh I'd have to say Stargazer, and Black Rock Shooter, are my faves. Also my thoughts on them, they are cool. Each Vocaloid has a different quality, about them. They were not that big, originally now they have virtual, performances with a 3d Miku image dancing, on stage and singing. But before Miku was Miku, she was just a voice program, that took words an sang them in a song, if I remember right anyway. She then was given a name, it took off like wild fire, then more vocaloids were made. So the cycle continues, it's like an addiction in Japan, It is however also very well known in America, and popular among Otakus mainly.

Well I use the program for fun so you can put me down as liking it. However, with that said at times the program makes me want to pull out my hair because of shoddy programing and recording. Especially on the english side. Seriously Zero-G; PowerFx; @U =/= o Stop making me suffer!

• 1 month later...