(Canterlot) Speakeasy Night Club (Version 2) Open

Sherlock Hooves

After Dunder pulled away from the kiss on the nose, his hears flicked and he stopped, blushing when Granola freaked out about Dunder and Fire. His wings began to flap softly from being nervous. He nuzzled Fire's cheek, "We are." He said, even though he was sure Granola couldn't hear.

He turned to face Sherlock when the earth stallion spoke some Prench. He shot Sherlock a sour look and turned back to Fire, "¿Que pasa, garrapata? ¿Bien, bein?" He asked, then looked back when Sherlock said Dunder's name. "Oh, yeah, hey Fleur!" He said happily and waved, then turned back to Fire. "¿Cómo no?" He said and chuckled "Tú eres esta aqui conmigo." He said and nuzzled her again as she was dragged off by Luna's wing. He looked upset, being reminded he couldn't enjoy his time with Fire that much now that Luna took her.

He turned around and sat, pretending not to be upset Fire was taken when Sherlock addressed Dunder's marefriend. He smiled and chuckled at the stallion's jabs, he also knew what came next, so he was silent as Sherlock introduced himself. But, Dunder had to throw in his jabs as well, "Yeah, yeah, I haven't taken here before. Why would I want to come here with some dirt licking Earth stallion?" Dunder said and stuck his tongue out at Sherlock and chuckled. "And why wouldn I not talk about you? Our adventures are some of the best.... like the time you got knocked out from that one stallion and I had to end up dragging your useless flank out of there."

[colour=#000080]Luna should have expected a few looks, especially from somepony who looked to be apart of the Canterlot elite. Certainly none of the high class of Canterlot would have expected a princess to be found in an old warehouse in the middle of the night, and likewise, she would not have expected of those that turned their noses up at the unrefined things of life. This 'Fleur', as Sherlock had introduced her, didn't seem the sort that would consort with one such as Sherlock. Nothing against the stallion, but he had been quite a mess when they first met—surely not a native born to high class.

She had to smile at Fire Walker's unquestioning devotion though. Luna found it a bit ridiculous that she had to basically order a guard to take a break. Honestly, they were in—a bar? A restaurant?—Luna still wasn't sure what type of establishment a “speakeasy” was. But there was plenty of seating, and she obviously wasn't going anywhere soon, so what would have been the harm in taking an unrequested break? Well, she was off her hooves now, and she had ordered a drink, so at least Luna could count on her to listen and obey.

“Well, your establishment is... quaint.” Luna couldn't really be too specific with her comments, unsure as to what type of business she should compare Sherlock's warehouse to. “There are a few more ponies than I expected to be here, at this hour.” she glanced around. Most ponies present had surrounded their table, or were making glances over and looking for an opportunity to greet the princess—or maybe avoid her, Luna wasn't sure. “I find it hard to believe that the band is willing to play so late. But I suppose with the amount of patrons, it's worth it.”

Luna also couldn't help notice that Granola Gracie seemed to be off in a world of her own. Sherlock's question seemed to snap her out of it, but Luna couldn't help wishing she could excuse herself and give the two Earth ponies some privacy. Of course, she also didn't want to be rude to Sherlock, who had extended a special invitation to her and Granola. Well, perhaps the opportunity would present itself.

It was difficult for Luna to tell just how serious Dunder was. His voice portrayed that he was kidding, but his language certainly did not. She finally snapped at the ”dirt licking Earth stallion” comment, nearly choking on her drink. She slammed her cup down on the table, surely bringing ever eye present onto herself.

“So you think just because you're a Pegasus that you're better than an Earth pony?!” she glared angrily at him. “They are not useless, or lazy, or messier than any other pony! How dare you speak to anypony that way!” she was leaning over Fire Walker now, a hoof jabbing roughly into Dunder's chest. “You have no manners, saying such rude and intolerant things! Have you no respect for other ponies, for a princess, for yourself?! You should be ashamed, and I'll make certain nopony has to stand for your indecency!” she slammed her other front hoof on the table, making a dent in it, but not even flinching herself. Oh yes. The princess was royally ticked off now.[/colour]

• Like 1

Sherlock smiled as Granola and Luna both expressed their delight of the club, [colour=#800000]"Wonderful to hear you two, I do hope this makes up for the trouble I've caused this morning?" [/colour]As he turned back to his drink he noticed Granola scooting closer to him and giving him a, longing look. He inwardly gulped a little and fidgeted in his seat. Its not that Sherlock wasn't use to that kind of attention; being a somewhat infamous private detective, it came with the territory. It was more that he never thought of himself as the dating type. He was eccentric, messy, and could come across as rude and very abrasive. Most mares only liked him because he had been in the paper a few times; so he always kept a distance from relationships outside of his companionship with Dunder and his complicated relationship with one mare in particular. He took another sip of his drink and turned to talk to Granola when the princess began to verbally discipline Dunder for his choice of words to him. [colour=#800000]"Uh oh...." [/colour]He hopped up off his seat and put himself in between the princess and Dunder. [colour=#800000]"Your majesty if you please, there's no need to be upset at Dunder, he and I are old friends and that's just his way of showing his affection to me." [/colour]In his attempt to calm her down he turned back to Dunder, [colour=#800000]"He's very sorry and he certainly wasn't describing all earth ponies with that phrase, weren't you Dunder?"[/colour] Sherlock gave his flat mate a look saying, apologies you idiot.

Between Princess Luna, Dunder, Sherlock Hooves and Fire Walker, things were starting to feel a little cramped at their table, "I do beg your forgiveness for speaking out of line, your highness, but as somepony with eight brothers and several friends who are males, I assure you, this is how they show affection nowadays.", The red Pegasus who was slowly turning even redder, added with a somewhat uncomfortable smile, "I know back then, ponies usually had a bit more class and would pass witty banter and clever witticisms between each other. Somehow over the last thousand years, it's sort of devolved into this. I know, it's crude and I'm not a fan of it, but stallions will be stallions. Still, I will make sure my very special some-pony takes some classes on how to handle himself in front of royalty.", she glared ever so slightly at the Pegasus stallion. Apparently by the looks of things, and the tone of her voice, this has had happened before.

[colour=#800080]T[/colour]he thespian mare blinked and shook her head at Luna's sudden outburst; It had come seemingly out of nowhere! That was the Princess for you. At least, that's from what she had personally seen and heard from others. It was no matter though, Sherlock and the Guard were there to intervene and bring her temper down a peg... hopefully. She would give the eternal mare one thing: she sure knew how to steal the show.

[colour=#800080]F[/colour]leur attempted to passively change the topic. So she sipped her wine and turned to Dunder. "I think the more important question here is what exactly was Sherlock doing to get himself knocked out? Hmm? Now that's a story I want to hear."

nolabanner2.png

[colour=#006400]"Oh from early today? Oh please, it was great running into you."[/colour][colour=#000000] Sherlock seemed to be comfortable with Granola for the most part. He hadn't run away or said anything mean yet, and best of all Granola didn't insult him accidentally of make a social blunder that would alienate her from the rest of the crowd. Everything looked good. And a few moments later, Sherlock even looked back at Granola's slightly rude stare. Oh my gosh, this is it! He's gonna say something romantic!

The bar table vibrated with a slam. [/colour][colour=#000080]“So you think just because you're a Pegasus that you're better than an Earth pony?!”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Any hope of Sherlock romanticizing with Granola and her dreams was suddenly halted with an outburst from Luna. This was the first time Nola had seen her like this since she stormed at her guards earlier in the evening. She sure knew how to make a scene and how to make lightning appear out of no where. Sherlock made his attempts to calm down the Princess, while Granola began holding onto one of his hooves. She couldn't let him get away. Not when she was this close. But when he separated Luna and Dunder, her grab onto him was lost, and she fell onto the floor. She looked up with watery eyes, waiting to see how this over-emotional event would resolve.[/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

A short clicking of hoofs echoed through the alley, a small crinkle of some unknown fabric following every hoofstep. Calypso stood in front of the the wall that just HAPPENED to have a tough looking stallion in front of it, shadily looking around, until his eyes fell upon Calypsos styled mane, his nose slightly crinkling. The speakeasy, the IT club of Canterlot. It was child's play, really, do a little research on a unnamed important pony, Make a ally, and convince him to let him take a visit of the club. sure, he lost a few bits over the deal of free mane cuts for a year for his wife and kid, but a chance of meeting and wowing a pony like Photo Finish or Sapphire Shores? How to make friends and influenced ponies. The burly bouncer glanced down the list as Calypso said his name, and the magical wall vanished in a wave of energy as the cloak was dropped. Calypso adjusted his sunglasses, and stepped into the Speakeasy

Jazz filled the silver unicorn's ears, and he found his head slightly swinging to it [colour=#ff0000]("business before pleasure, Cuts. First, take a look around you" thought Calypso)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Calypso Quickly trotted to the bar, and ordered the finest bottle of cider on order. Taking a swig, the warm apple flavor washed over his tounuge, a wonderful sweetness dancing over each and every taste bud. Calypso began to scan across the crowd.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000](" Lets see here... a few pretty mares here and there... perhaps a few advertising chances? Oh, hold On! Fleur De Lis? Of course she would be here! Just one Manecut, and i bet she'd be hooked on Shockblast. ...Sweet Celestia, is that.... PRINCESS LUNA? Now thats a suprise! the lady of the night gracing us with our presence! Now, How to get over there...")[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

Dunder flinched and clenched his teeth when he heard the voice, like an explosion going off right next to his ear. The words began to register, he faced the princess, a look of confusion and worry on his face as he took the scolding worse than his mother used to give him. His wings began to flap lightly from anxiety and surprise. He took a step back, lowering his head, "Please! I-Didnm... You...know. I-I was... jus' you know!" He called out and swallowed, getting chewed out by the princess was horrible.

Luckily for Dunder, he had friends. Sherlock and Fire Walker both reassuring the princess that Dunder was just joking. He nodded to both of them, "Yeah, I was just....kidding." He said and rubbed a hoof on his forehead, "Just a joke..." He said, his heart pounding in his chest.

He looked over at Fleur, smiling nervously and nodding, "Yeah, the guy had the.... you know, the potion. Threw it in Sherlock's face and he.... Sherlock just keeled over." Dunder said, still readjusting after getting yelled at with louder than those glue bomb explosions. "I had to go find him and drag him on my back for a few miles back to our apartment." Dunder said, giving a small smile.

[colour=#000080]Despite his protests, Princess Luna's eyes were still boring into Dunder's head, seemingly trying to burn a hole through his thick Pegasus skull. Assuming there would even be a brain to fry in there. Some ponies had SOME nerve, making ignorant statements like that to their friends, regardless of whether or not a princess, or even just a lady, was present. What was he thinking—

It was then that she found herself staring at Sherlock Hooves. “A-Affection?!” she said in disbelief. Luna glanced around the table, trying to gauge the reaction of everypony to Dunder's behavior. Nopony else seemed as aghast as she was, and all eyes were turned on her rather than on the 'offender'. She opened her mouth to speak, but could only make random noises as she tried to collect her thoughts. Meanwhile, Fire Walker also jumped to Dunder's defense.

Her expression had softened slightly, and turned to that of confusion. “How can such insults be... used in a complimentary manner?” she slowly slid back into her seat, realizing that in her angry haste she may have squished Fire Walker a little. Sitting down properly now, she began to rub her hoof, doing her best not to grimace.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]S[/colour]he looked at dunder, rasing a brow curiously. "[colour=#ee82ee]That's... quite the story.[/colour]"

[colour=#800080]C[/colour]asually, she lifted the wine glass up to take a small sip. It seemed as if everypony were talking at once. Fleur glanced off towards the princess, doing what she could not to stare impolitley, but at the same time projecting a subtle condescending vibe towards her. She had a few things to say, and had it been any other pony she might have said something, but it was more proper to hold her tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

Fire Walker smiled to all in attendance and was rather pleased to see her stallion-friend neither banished or smashed to pieces. "Thank you your highness, my Dunders will learn how to properly address his friends and ponies of royal blood as soon as we get him to the proper classes.", she smiled at the Pegasus before turning her attention back to the night club and those nearby, hoping the whole horrible breech of conduct will blow over quickly. The guard quickly checked her armor, and adjusted all that was needed to make sure she still looked proper and waited patiently for her beverage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dunder sat there, beginning to sweat from the godess's death stare. His back as far as it could go without him falling over. He was legitimately scared, but he hoped that maybe if Luna did something harsh Celestia could knock some sense in her younger sister. Hopefully, it didn't even get there. He hoped to actually go home and see Fire Walker that night.

As she calmed down, he took a sigh of releiv, getting closer to Fire Walker and giving her a nuzzle, moving it up to a small kiss on the cheek. "Thanks." He whispered into her ear, then moved in for a kiss, quickly breaking it off.

He looked back at Fleur, "So. You have any good stories? I'd like to hear them." He said with a mildly nervous smile. As if he could still feel Luna's gaze trying to fry his head.