The Changelings Are Innocent!

• 1 year later...

*necromances thread*

I think we are a little off-topic here. I suspect that Rosewind herself is a Changeling.

Clearly it is not Rosie. It is now evident from recent events that Phil Raridash Rarity, is in fact the changeling of Canterlot. The evidence is clear. And he isn't a bad guy, ergo, changelings are innocent. We have come full circle.

If changelings are innocent, why do they tolerate the existence of twisted villains like Snively?

They clearly don't. Why else would the Queen send him after a powerful magic user and her pet fox? And why would a fellow changeling look upon the mauling with glee not helping at all? I think they, like most other societies view early termination of life as a high crime. This much is obvious.

But by saying they took delight in the mauling of one of their own, you admit that they posses a sadistic streak. Therefore, the changeling race is evil, and not innocent. :mad:

It's not really said anywhere that the changelings can only subside on love, nor is it clear that if they do how much is needed and if it has to be done in such a violent way. I would think there would be a more peaceful solution for them out there.

Also, following orders isn't necessarily a great excuse if those orders are clearly and inherently wrong. There is still guilt in not challenging them.

All that said, I can't blame the changelings. With that adorable smile and laugh, I'd be pretty tempted to follow Chrysalis' orders too. ;)

They arn't just following orders, they are following what has been BRED into them for years upon years, from birth they are taught to obey the queen, anything for the hive :-|

All right I'll just say what everyone's thinking... :ftired:

The changelings are evil because they ruined the wedding of a pony who was a reference to one of my favorite types of music (cadenza)

They went around attacking everything in sight and that's considered evil. Plus if they want love, we can feed them the crystal empire, but I keep all my stuff in Canterlot, so I would prefer if it weren't destroyed by a bunch of bugs.

Not to mention it's been proven before that rosewind is evil (by her majesty of ravens), and trying to eat all of our left ring fingers, because right ring fingers are gross. We also know she's evil because she ate one of imagination's baked bads and thought it was delicious. No good guy could eat any of those...

Finally we can assume that the people who have sided with rosewind have been turned into a catbug species that follow rosewind and-

:???:

I mean, Rosewind is correct! Nothing wrong with Changelings! Nope, nothing! Those ponies got what they deserved! :D

Now hold on, I may quite be tardy to this party but on what grounds can we assume the changling we not wronged by Celestia before, well? Let us look to Nightmare Moon, her entire being was hidden for so long, made into a mare tale that no pony ever believed and alas was forgotten and most didn't seem to remember or know of Luna. Therefore what is to say that the same theory isn't behind the changlings? What if they had been peaceful once before and tried to intigrate, but de to this power of theres Celestia threw them out, there by angering them. In that respective a revenge idea is likely to be seen, especially if you are cooped up in a cave with no food.

Also who is to say this plan that we saw i the show was actually the original plan, what if it was a backfire? Let us assume this, maybe Cadence was never ment to be capture so rudely, instead tricked by hypnosis to hiding out for a few days to allow Chrysalis to take he place. But Cadence wasn't effected and they had to hide her away rudely. Also what if the overall plan wasn't to take over, maybe the changlings were waitng outside so that after the wedding, when love was in the air, they could disguise and sneak in, but because of Twilight they were forced out of hiding and had to resort to extreme measures?

Also, who says Celestia even thinks her evil? I find it odd that both Cadence and Celestia were easily over taken by Chrysalis, seeming not to force the queen to use much power at all, as if they weren't trying. Also what about Luna? Surely she would have heard something, not 'slept' through it, I feel there is more to Chrysalis then we know and the Princesses aren't telling anyone.

I agree with Queen here.

let my point something out, Celestia Has kept some massive secrets. mostly of things that could cause the end of the ponies ways of living. Discord in the garden, King Sombra, and Nightmare moon. but something struck me when i was watching part two of the canterlot wedding. as Celesetia confronts Chrysalis there's an Anger in both of their eyes like the harbored hate for each other. I seriously doubt Celestia didn't know what a changeling is.

While I cannot fault a predator for feeding, the Changelings have the benefits of being a subtle race. Why invade? Why try to break your way in? Heck, why try to perform any grandiose action that would result in fear? How could the subjects of Celestia ever love a creature that tried to lay siege to their city? If Chryssie was clever and genuine about caring for her subjects, she would have done it one or two at a time. Replacing or simply adding to the population, feeding her people and nopony would have known anything had happened.

I don't think they're evil. I think they were soldiers driven to the brink of starvation lead by, frankly, a fantastically stupid royal decree.

Are they Fridge Horror? You betcher keister. Evil? Eh, I'm going to say an entire race of evil can't exist in this universe.

Besides, raise your hand if you yourself would... feed a Changeling for a while. *cough*

Yeah whays to say they jjust dont understand the value or idea of love? Look at them I highly doubt they were taught about emotions, lets picture them as little children with no mother. Of course there gonna do stupid things because they dont know the difference, also dont you see how she laughed at the idea of how strong love is because she doesnt get it. I think they are reforable, given enough careband time they could reform chrysalis and in turn she would get the Hive to listen