So i may be interviewed soon...

Starfox64x

So i got a message from a woman at NBC who wants to interview me about thew brony culture... And frankly i'm excited!

now, we havent exactly set up a date for the official interview, but when i called her up she seemed very interested. I mentioned how i enjoy the creativity the culture seems to have, and i used the phrase 'My little pony is good, but it's more of the glue that brings these creative people together." and i think that's what really got her attention because she mentioned wanting different viewpoints of the fandom.

So since the call, i've been pretty antsy, i sent her an email giving her more information (including EQD and the Know Your Meme article on bronies) about the fandom and some personal favorite videos that i liked to accompany my comments about 'the creativity of the fandom'

She really seems to be interested in showing the light of the fandom, she really seems interested in getting hard facts and opinions from bronies. If she wanted to make fun of us or make us looks bad, she could have EASILY just made up some **** after reading a few paragraphs and put it into a report, but she's willing to travel all over to interview Bronies about the fandom.

So that's why i'm posting, she's apparently having issues getting willing volunteers to accept an interview, either due to lack of interest, concern about being on TV, or other reasons like age or their position at work or something... So would anyone be interested in being interviewed? or does anyone know of any meetups that may be open for the cameras? if not, at least someone who's willing to email their opinion on the fandom (like how you discovered the show, what's keeping you around, etc.)

If you're interested i'll give you her email and you can talk to her yourself.

• Like 9

Great job! I've been in the local news a couple times, but NBC? Whoosh!

It sucks how young I am - my voice makes me sound illegitimate and childish. (Sorry I put this in here, this is your moment and all, but I just thought it contributed)

It's hard to put my experience of the fandom into words. But the most important thing I can think of right now is how this fandom has allowed me to truly express myself. When I log online, I become a totally different person, and I much prefer Ping111 to [MY NAME]. Ping is friendly, interesting, and funny, with just a subtle hint of that loveable nerdery. But besides that, this fandom has introduced me to my talents. For the longest time, I felt that my peers simply saw me as a supplier of answers to undone schoolwork. But now, in this whole new dimension that has opened my borders and allowed me to learn to have friends, I realize I have more than a mind. I've learned how to write creative stories, and it's thanks to the likes of shortskirtsandexplosions that taught me how. I'm hoping to publish a (non-pony) book one day. I've realized my voice can be put to use for more than a Bar Mitzvah or a school Yiddish folk choir. I'm currently preparing a list of covers, which will truly put me out on the Internet once and for all.

I haven't revised or looked this over at all since I wrote it, so it's probably horribly out of flow, but I'd just like to show everyone that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has helped this little boy prove his worth, in words and lyrics.

Sounds legit..I mean, fun!

I'd love to give it a shot, I can't really do an interview on TV though, unless she wants to come to Washington D.C. X|, but email I can do.

Lol, indeed it does =3

Lol, it does seem legit, yeah. As for traveling to DC, she said she plans to run around to find people, but a few meetups she wanted to visit were too short of notice to get to. So if she's planning on coming down here to Georgia for me, she's probably willing to go to DC too.

Great job! I've been in the local news a couple times, but NBC? Whoosh!

It sucks how young I am - my voice makes me sound illegitimate and childish. (Sorry I put this in here, this is your moment and all, but I just thought it contributed)

It's hard to put my experience of the fandom into words. But the most important thing I can think of right now is how this fandom has allowed me to truly express myself. When I log online, I become a totally different person, and I much prefer Ping111 to [MY NAME]. Ping is friendly, interesting, and funny, with just a subtle hint of that loveable nerdery. But besides that, this fandom has introduced me to my talents. For the longest time, I felt that my peers simply saw me as a supplier of answers to undone schoolwork. But now, in this whole new dimension that has opened my borders and allowed me to learn to have friends, I realize I have more than a mind. I've learned how to write creative stories, and it's thanks to the likes of shortskirtsandexplosions that taught me how. I'm hoping to publish a (non-pony) book one day. I've realized my voice can be put to use for more than a Bar Mitzvah or a school Yiddish folk choir. I'm currently preparing a list of covers, which will truly put me out on the Internet once and for all.

I haven't revised or looked this over at all since I wrote it, so it's probably horribly out of flow, but I'd just like to show everyone that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has helped this little boy prove his worth, in words and lyrics.

That's really nice ^_^ you should email that to her, i'll send the email address in a PM, i just dont want to leave it out in the open for her to get spammed with "I LUV PWNIES!" or something by some rogue agent.

Lol, it does seem legit, yeah. As for traveling to DC, she said she plans to run around to find people, but a few meetups she wanted to visit were too short of notice to get to. So if she's planning on coming down here to Georgia for me, she's probably willing to go to DC too.

Seattle has quite the large meet-up group, and we had a con here! Think she'd come?

PM me and we can exchange information. I am willing to answer some questions and get involved, though it would have to be purely through e-mails. As a married father of one(with another on the way) who works at a military facility, perhaps I can provide something.

Oh my, VERY interested in this!

I've longed to truly get the best image out to the public about what Bronies are and who the people are that fill up the fandom. I've attempted numerous times to capture it in student films, but I find the format IMPOSSIBLE to grasp the scale of it!

Oh please, if you still have her e-mail, I'd LOVE to add my input! I've wanted this kind of opportunity for ages now!

Make sure you look good physically. Don' need to look like a business man but make sure you are well groomed and have had a haircut.

Also don't sing. Just... don't sing. At all.

Hehehe, good advice, i wasn't planning on it though... But yeah, collared shirt, combed hair... maybe a Dash pin on my collar to show my pride, hehehe