Pony adventure party?

ShorthoofScrawl

Pony adventure party?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be in the adventuring party?

• Gilda (Archer)
    • Big Mac (Barbarian)
    • Trixie (Mage, of course)
    • Nurse Redheart (Cleric)
    • Shining Armor (Knight)
    • Zecora (Shaman)
    • Thunderlane (Warrior)
    • Spitfire (Blademaster)
    • Soarin (class suggestions?)
    • Caramel (class suggestions?)
    • Berry Punch (Drunken Brawler)
    • Flitter/Cloudchaser (class suggestions?)
    • Other? (Make a suggestion!)
  2. 2. How many party members?

• Four
    • Five
    • Six

Been considering making a Moonstuck-esque visitor-driven Tumblr comic. No, I don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Moonstuck (one can hope, though, right?), but it's just something I'd like to try.

It would star a party of 4-6 side characters from MLP:FiM in a high fantasy adventure setting. The question I pose to you: Who would you like to see in the party? Pick whomever you like, and leave suggestions as neccessary!

(Also, if this topic should be moved elsewhere, let me know. I'm a little knew to this sort of thing. :/ )

• 2 weeks later...

There should be a pony who only uses daggers, unless Gilda did that as well. I really like daggers, bows and arrows :)

I suppose I could make Soarin a thief... I can kinda see him wielding daggers. We'll definitely need at least one "skilled" hero in the mix. :D
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bump.

If bumping a post works on this site. If not, guess this thing isn't going any farther. :/

Anyway, my interest in doing this is being rekindled. Any more votes? Anypony...?

Also, thinking of simplifying it, making it a one-character thing at first, maybe introducing further characters gradually. Whoever has the most votes to them when I buckle down and start this thing will be my initial character. In the lead right now are Trixie, Spitfire, and Zecora. Any more takers?

I'm kind of hoping Berry Punch gets in, just because I think the inclusion of a drunken brawler would be awesome.

I'll prolly get around to including everypony on the list at some point, if not as main party members, then as recurring side characters.

Well, now it's still tied between Spitfire and Trixie. Personally, I'd love to include Gilda early on, but I'm determined to go by the will of the people. :P

I would have to make this suggestion, why not just find someponies that would let you uses their OCs? That way its more oringal then uses already known ponies. :Pinkie: But that only an idea! I would have to say Gilda, Big Mac, Trixie, and nurse Redheart are the bear min for this.

I had to go with a team of four. Nurse Redheart, Soarin', Zecora, and Big Mac. Sounds like the most efficient adventuring pony team I've ever heard of. :D

Two healers, one tank and a flyer..Add a spellcaster and you got yourself a group! :shifty:

I would have to make this suggestion, why not just find someponies that would let you uses their OCs? That way its more oringal then uses already known ponies. :Pinkie: But that only an idea! I would have to say Gilda, Big Mac, Trixie, and nurse Redheart are the bear min for this.

I'll likely include OC's here and there (perhaps at the request of any followers the comic may get), but some fans don't really gravitate to them as well. People find it easier to get into characters they already know, even if those characters have strange twists to them.

Two healers, one tank and a flyer..Add a spellcaster and you got yourself a group! :shifty:

Well, Trixie is currently topping the charts at six votes, so there you go. Also, Redheart voted up to second place out of nowhere! :D
  • Like 1

Zecora, Trixie, Big Mac, Gilda, and Nurse Redheart, in a 5-pony team. :D

A bit surprised at how many votes Zecora is getting. If I include her, the question becomes, "Should I make her rhyme everything like she does in regular continuity?"

A bit surprised at how many votes Zecora is getting. If I include her, the question becomes, "Should I make her rhyme everything like she does in regular continuity?"

Have her ryhyme. Its what draws poeple to Zecora anyway.

Have her ryhyme. Its what draws poeple to Zecora anyway.

Yeah, you're right. If she didn't speak obsessively in verse, she would just be a female zebra with a mohawk who kind of looks like Zecora. :)

Now to figure out why she always talks in rhyme. A curse? A quirky habit? Part of some personal shamanic ritual? Hmmm...

Now to figure out why she always talks in rhyme. A curse? A quirky habit? Part of some personal shamanic ritual? Hmmm...

I think the whole rhymeing thing in the ponyverse is a zebra thing. Seeing as they have yet to put another zebra in to the show it is impossible to say for sure.

With that being said for what you are working towards I say go with the shamanic ritual. Unless of course you plan on using other zebras. :lol:

I think the whole rhymeing thing in the ponyverse is a zebra thing. Seeing as they have yet to put another zebra in to the show it is impossible to say for sure.

With that being said for what you are working towards I say go with the shamanic ritual. Unless of course you plan on using other zebras. :lol:

I'm thinking that zebras are from another land, which the party might have to travel to, for whatever reason. If more canon zebras haven't shown up by then, I'll decide for myself whether iambic pentameter is a racial trait or not. :P
  • Like 1

Sounds good. I have to say, I am really looking forward to this comic of yours.

Thanks. It'll take a while to put together, and I want to allow a little more time for folks to cast their votes here, just in case, but I'll be working as best I can. :)
  • Like 1

I think rhyming is a Zebra thing, or just something quirky about Zecora. My charrie's mum (MysticNote's) Doesn't rhyme, but she was also raised in Equestria, but HER parents are from Unyasi. I don't know if they rhymed or not. :razz:

I'm just keeping readers' questions in mind; sometimes a person reads a completely fictional work of whimsical fantasy and asks, "WHY DOES THAT HAPPEN??" I just want to have an answer ready, and it also opens poissibilities for story and world-building.

It's just like Mark Twain said: "It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."

• Like 1

Trixie: For mainly attacking, doing some serious damage with her dark magic power.

Nurse Redheart: Will come in handy for healing.

Zecora: Able to both attack and heal. The benefits are unlimited!

Berry Punch: Hey, you need somepony to tank everypony else, right?

Nice to see Berry getting some more love! ^_^

As for Zecora, I should prolly mention that the way I'm working a "Shaman" in this comic is someone who conjures elemental spirits, communes with the beyond, and creates non-magical potions from everyday ingredients. Not actually a healing class, really, or at least not a strong one. She could keep you alive in a pinch, but she's no substitute for a Healing Potion or a cleric's divine power. :/

Update: I've drawn the first few panels now, and if possible, they'll get scanned today. After that, I just need some time with my photo-shopping program, and my first entry of Hoof Trails will be ready for posting! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Take some tips from a guy who half his life was all about D&D

If you have a Shaman,you don't need either a Mage or a Healer

Barbarians don't always make the best tanks unless they tank for magic users

(Mages can learn buffs whereas archers and gunner don't.)

While you have a tank its also good to have low def classes that do close combat(Blade master as an exemple)

This isnt the first time i heard the term "Drunken brawler" ,but for all intents and purposes,

those have always been called monks and are just as usefull as blade masters.

Although,i didn't play any RPG since final fantasy 3,those "facts" might be complete garbage nowadays.

Rooting for ya tough! I'l be looking forward to it.