Drawing Together

StringHeart1257

I enjoy using open canvas to meet and draw alongside other talented artists. not many of the ones i draw with are pony fans. I think that should change. Pony artists, this thread is for you to meet up and find peeps to chat and draw with one another on the program or sight of your choosing, be it open canvas or some other thing!

have fun every pony! :)

Some safe for work examples i found on fa, both involve cartoon-style artists, and have one artist in common.

http://www.furaffini...t/view/9032638/

http://www.furaffini...t/view/8619103/

First link is registered users only.

I've never seen a site that works the way you described, but it sounds like fun! I'd jump in on that if you can find one! Also you've inadvertently started a thing :P

I think I know what you're talking about. Websites like www.iscribble.net correct?

yep that's one of the sites.

and it's another good example: take iscribble, make the canvas bigger, add more options and control, lower the number of possible peeps who can join, raise the number of layers, and you've got 'open canvas.'

Haha, way for you guys to ignore the OP!

130956141721.png

What OP?

Anyway, drawing with Open Canvas apparently has something to do with Hamachi and setting up a network for others to join.(or joining)

You'll obviously need Open Canvas, which as of OC 2, is now a paid program with a trail version, but other OC versions are free a far as I know.

ALSO NOTE that versions of openCanvas OTHER than openCanvas 1.1 DO NOT include the networking feature. This includes ALL later versions.

Basically, Hamachi helps computers to link up in their own network. So, with Hamachi, you can make networks of your own and allow people to join, or you can join already hosted networks (if you know the network name and password).

If someone already has a network setup, then I wouldn't mind joining :3

Of course the Hamachi bit could be wrong, maybe they made networking native to OC where you don't need a third party program to do so. If somepony could clarify on that, thank you.

The networking option works without hamachi. Hamachi is used for a better faster connection between your computers.

not using hamachi seems to have a slightly higher chance of glitches, like lag or a lost connection.

Ihavn't had too many problems using Opencanvas to network on it's own, but hamachi does seems a little more reliable.

The networking option works without hamachi. Hamachi is used for a better faster connection between your computers.

not using hamachi seems to have a slightly higher chance of glitches, like lag or a lost connection.

Ihavn't had too many problems using Opencanvas to network on it's own, but hamachi does seems a little more reliable.

Well if you want to host a network I'm sure that man an artist would stop by to contribute. I know. Would. :D Never worked o he canvas with somepony before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'll have to do that it would be best to talk before then as to not go spreading my network ip around and stuff like that.

Nexus 7 sounds really familiar

Um, it's the best tablet evar! Made by Google and updated by them. Running Jellybean 4.1 the most recent android OS! ...sorry, I went geek mode for a minute. -_-

Haha, way for you guys to ignore the OP!

I didn't ignore them! I just totally misunderstood them >_>

Also all this technobabble is starting making my head spin. Once the witchcraft is sorted out, let me know what to download and tell me when we'll be drawing in each others way!

I didn't ignore them! I just totally misunderstood them >_>

Also all this technobabble is starting making my head spin. Once the witchcraft is sorted out, let me know what to download and tell me when we'll be drawing in each others way!

If you think Hamachi is hard, how did you manage to set up your tablet? XD Not to say that tablet set up is hard, but neither is Hamachi set up.

Sent from my ADR6400L

If you think Hamachi is hard, how did you manage to set up your tablet? XD Not to say that tablet set up is hard, but neither is Hamachi set up.

Sent from my ADR6400L

I bought it. I plugged it in. I downloaded Sai. I set my undo/redo macros, then I drew for the very first time.

I bought it. I plugged it in. I downloaded Sai. I set my undo/redo macros, then I drew for the very first time.

Hardee, Har Har...you know what I mean, bean.. -3-)

Anyway, you sir...or ma'am...not sure. Where were you? You missed out on my debut as an OC artist...

And of course, my favorite internet rule...pics or it didn't happen!

ProfLEStrange.png?t=1350748066