DuskBreeze Memorial Thread

MasterMustang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU

I regret to inform all of you in Canterlot that a member and dear friend of ours has passed away this morning. DuskBreeze, aka Sarah Hellens, born October 22 1993, has died today, 5:50pm (New Zealand Time), October 28 2012...

I don't know about the rest of you but in the little time I have been here on Canterlot, DuskBreeze and I became quick friends. She was one of the first people who friended me and who I RP'd with. She was always so sweet, gentle, and kind. She also had a great sense of humor too. I could always look to her to brighten my day. Sarah... Dusk... has earned a very special place in my heart as I am sure she has with the rest of you. That is why this is so painful that it is nearly unbearable... my heart breaks as I compose this...

Back to business, I create this thread so that we all may say to her and her family what is in our hearts. I ask that you all join and pay your respects for our fallen friend. We may mourn her this day but do not forget to remember her in joy for all the good she has brought to us. I know I won't.

I love you Dusk, you were one of my best friends. I thank you for all the time we spent together here and all the joy you brought me and I will cheerish it always. Infinite love and respect forever. Your BFF...

-MasterMustang

• Like 10

only a day in on this site and someone died i give my deepest of sorrows and even though i may have never had met with em

RIP

and if i may quote

"[colour=#000000]In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."[/colour]

Just a big thank you for posting this M&M...Dusk was a real sweetheart..Funny..creative..And I believe one of the first peeps I RP'ed here as well. I believe the last time I spoke with her..I was nagging her to get more into the Mane RPs...I think. She and her roommate had been keeping us updated via PM on this site...At first her roommate was posting for her..But as she appeared, or at least started to feel better Dusk had her laptop and then she started posting messages by herself.Which tells you how strong of a person she was considering what she had gone through and what she was going through to be able to post like she was...Me..If I have a headache I usually ignore my texts...And what was really heart-beaking is how positive she was till the end..Things were looking up...Still, at least she knew there were people all over the world that were looking out for her..Hoping for the best...

And I cannot stress this enough. If you're out partying..Or drinking or whatever..And you know you're at your limit.or near it..Please get someone to drive for you..Or a taxi..Or walk..Or skip...I've lost both a family friend, a high school friend and I nearly lost my sister to someone who decided they were fit to drive when they were obviously not.

• Like 5

These are most unimaginable and dire news. I'm not going to hide, Dusk, or Sarah for some who knew her closer, was never a person I could say I knew. All I could say about her comes from the information provided by others and those little hints I've managed to learn when reading one's posts.

But, she was a part of this community. Perhaps not the strongest link for me, but undeniably invaluable and most priced person for others. That needs to be understood and respected. Being forced to leave this world at such a young age and barely after birthday... is just a plain cruelty of life.

I express my sorrow, sympathy and support to her whole family and friends, and consolidate in their pain.

Signed:

Sir Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of The West.

[colour=#FF0000]Fellow Member of Canterlot Society[/colour]

I cannot put into words the pain of losing her, but she wouldn't want me to dwell on her...

Thank you for posting this, Mustang...

And goodnight, Sarah, my condolences to your family...

I love you Sarah, My closest friend, and my best.

Rest in peace...

Hey, it's not Dusk risen from the dead but it is her roommate who will be posting in her absence. I have decided to continue on her account to continue her legacy and breathe life into this account. I will have to learn to RP but I'l do it for her, my mate Dusky.... or ofcourse Sarah, whichever you prefer. I have lost a great mate, and my room at uni will never feel so empty.

~Dusk II

• Like 12

Hey, it's not Dusk risen from the dead but it is her roommate who will be posting in her absence. I have decided to continue on her account to continue her legacy and breathe life into this account. I will have to learn to RP but I'l do it for her, my mate Dusky.... or ofcourse Sarah, whichever you prefer. I have lost a great mate, and my room at uni will never feel so empty.

~Dusk II

Good luck

I honor you decision.

Wow.

I can't believe she's gone.

She was a very close and good friend to me, funny, optimistic, clever...she always inspired me to be a brighter person, always made me laugh even when I was sad. I hoped to meet her in person someday, and now I can't. Its just heartbreaking to know that my good friend who helped me to write many chapters of the story will not be able to help me finish it. Talking to Dusk always made me smile, laugh, we even had private jokes. I never thought that our last conversation would really be our....last.

RIP, Dusk.

I said it last night in a PM, but I'll say it here again. A site like Canterlot succeeds because of the great and dedicated members here who make it thrive with their time, energy and creativity. For putting many months of what was ultimately a tragically much to brief life into enriching this site, which I and many others care quite deeply about, Sarah will always have my gratitude. I only wish I had gotten an opportunity to know her better.

I wish the best to those closest to her in coping with this horrible loss. Stay strong. And for Dusk II especially, I respect your decision and wish you the best of luck in carrying on your friend's legacy on this site.

Rest in peace, Sarah.

• Like 3

I didn't know her personally. But I could tell she was a well liked member of the community and I think I speak for everyone, friends and family when I say she will be greatly missed. We will never forget you.

Rest In peace I'm sure you are looking down on us all and watching us roleplay and other things on the forum.

• Like 1

This is one of the most surreal things to happen. She's gonna be missed like crazy around here, even more so back home. She was one of the happiest people I knew, and even in the last conversation I had with her, she was still happy as could be. Dusk, we all love ya.

And Dusk II, we look forward to getting to know you. So sorry for your loss. She'd be proud to have a friend like you.

So many songs. So many emotions(since theres a limit to the amount that can be posted in on post I'll post the rest afterwards)

[colour=#333333]

[/colour][colour=#333333]

[/colour]

[colour=#333333]

[/colour]

[colour=#333333]

[/colour]

Sarah from the breif conversation we had(and from everytime cloudshimmers has mentioned you) I could tell that you were a great, happy, optimistic, fun loving human being. You will be loved. You will be missed. Good night.

De nous ici sur canterlot on veut seulement que tu saches, que nous t'aimons bien. Bonne nuit, repose toi bien, belle princesse.