DuskBreeze Memorial Thread

MasterMustang

i regret not knowing this seemingly wonderful human being

i have great respect for dusk II however, its not very easy doing something like that, you truly are a good friend.

i just wish i had more to say...

R.I.P DuskBreeze

You will not be forgotten <3 <3

I thank you all for posting here. For the few months I knew Dusk aka Sarah I could count on her to brighten my day. It warms my heart to see so many of you who share this joy and the pain of her loss. Love and respect to you all and thank you...

• Like 2

I thank you all for posting here. For the few months I knew Dusk aka Sarah I could count on her to brighten my day. It warms my heart to see so many of you who share this joy and the pain of her loss. Love and respect to you all and thank you...

Your signature made me stand up and salute my screen. Im sure she adored your friendship.

Wow I just... wow...

You guys are all amazing, I don't know where to begin. First I guess I have to say thanks MM, you really didn't go this far but you did, and I want to give you the biggest hug ever because of it. I myself am rather new here, only really seeing this site now I am on my old friends account but she always told stories.

Stories of her Rp's and the fun that they were, but also the little chats she had been having with those of she knew from here. She loved all you guys and had a pasion for RPing, it's a big pair of boots I have to fill but I will do it for her, she was a close friend and again, I can't thank you guys enough. This has to be the best comunity I know

Look forward to RPing with you in the future

Dusk II

• Like 1

Wow I just... wow...

You guys are all amazing, I don't know where to begin. First I guess I have to say thanks MM, you really didn't go this far but you did, and I want to give you the biggest hug ever because of it. I myself am rather new here, only really seeing this site now I am on my old friends account but she always told stories.

Stories of her Rp's and the fun that they were, but also the little chats she had been having with those of she knew from here. She loved all you guys and had a pasion for RPing, it's a big pair of boots I have to fill but I will do it for her, she was a close friend and again, I can't thank you guys enough. This has to be the best comunity I know

Look forward to RPing with you in the future

Dusk II

well we will welcome you into our community with open arms and open hearts

(btw not to sound rude but your sig should say successor not predacessor)

This is one of those things where I'm just at a loss for words. I only spoke to Dusky once or twice over the last few weeks and it was she who instigated it and I'm glad she done so. I may not have known her that well but the few words we shared told me everything I needed to know. She was an amazing person and she was incredibly cheery. Dusk was just wonderful all round and I will forever miss her and I welcome and respect the decision of Dusk II.

I'm not someone with cheery beliefs on what happens after all of this but if anyone deserves to go somewhere amazing then it's DuskBreeze, the world needs more people like you and is less without you. Rest in peace.

My thoughts go out to your family and friends.

-WhiteSlash

I come back after another absence filled with hectic last minute shifts in my plans and getting all my affairs in order before leaving to hear this bit of depressing news. I'll miss you Duskbreeze, I may not have known you for very long but I will cherish the experiences I had with you. Dusk II, I know your pain. It's hard, losing someone close to you and one so young. I lost one of my classmates to suicide freshman year, I was in a haze for days.... We're here for you and I am proud to have you continuing her legacy on this site. My sincerest condolences to you in this difficult time.

I never got the opportunity to know Sarah, but I will pray for her and her family all the same. Rest In Peace.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep,

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond that glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush,

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and and forever cry.

I am not there. I did not die.

Creative as could be, with a beautiful heart, a loving personality, and a happy, happy spirit. DuskBreaze was one of my favorite members, not to mention best friends, on site. When I first met Dusk, not in rp for but when we REALLY started talking, she was just so down to earth and real about things and so, so wonderous. She was just so full of life and love. We had so much in common.. I used to tell her to stop being me, because many times the coincidences were just TOO unreal! Although, I will admit that my believes about what happens after death are similar to that of WhiteSlash's, as another close friend of mine said, "I couldn't imagine her anywhere but Heaven."

..Rest in peace, Sarah. We love you.

http://youtu.be/sHcpUNxxrj0

Even though I've been desensitized by the net, posts like this always wrench my heart.

Someone so young to have been robbed of that which a majority of us take for granted, life itself.

I wish I had the words to help mend the hearts of those whom have been affected, but I cannot find them.

Reflect, remember, and count your blessings friends. Cherish the days you had with Sarah, never forget them.

I'm sure she would've wanted you all to smile and enjoy life to the fullest.

To the pony and person I never knew. Dusk, Sarah, I pray that one day you are reunited with those whom love and care for you.

Friendship is Magic - Friendship is Forever

I never got to know Dusk, an opportunity I regret not having. She sounds like a good friend, and a really enriching member of any community she would be a part of.

I can give my condolences, for what they're worth.

I may not have known Dusk nearly as well as many of you have, but my heart aches over her loss all the same. From what little I could glean, she was a fantastic person, and an example to live by. My heart and my prayers go to her friends and family in this sad time.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam, may she rest in peace.

• 6 months later...

I apologize for my belated post, but I have only just returned from a prolonged absence.

For starters, we have lost a great friend here, and I know we all realize this. What only so few of us realize is how much of a shock it can be. For myself, I was not online as any of the messages rang through. I was too late to wish any luck in her operations. I feel as though I have missed so much, and all that I have missed, all that has changed since I was here last...I cannot leave again. Not for such a length. I enjoy it here.

This is not about me, however. I feel Dusk/Sarah would much prefer if we enjoy ourselves, as much as possible. Granted, again, I am late to this, but it makes it no less true. I cannot stress enough how l9ife moves in the blink of an eye, and far be it from me to say that it needs to be spent "getting a life," because nopony should be forced to do something they do not want to do. Life is short, enjoy it. Spend time with friends, even if they are online. Make the most of it. Make YOUR most out of it.

And to my lost friend, rest in peace, and may you find that something better awaits you; may you possibly see this, either in heaven or by resurrection, or however your respective religion would possibly give you the chance to see this. So long, my friend.

• Like 2

It's wonderful to see how so many people have honored her memory. I wonder if there's a day that goes by where I don't think about her. You guys are the best.

Woah! ...holy smokes - she died? That's.... horrible! And far, far too early! How.... how did she die?

She died on the operating table due to complications.

I have not been here during the unfortunate death of a person, and have no knowledge of her, and so I can not say much. A death of one person makes you have a thought in your head- all lives are important, in one way or another. It's saddening to know that hundreds of lives are gone and yet our own lives continue being completely unaware of these deaths. I can only conclude one thing: Value the living and the dead.

I also want to add that we shouldn't linger in the past and reopen old wounds. This is what another member in the chat told me. We shouldn't forget her, but we shouldn't mourn for her for too long either. We have to move on, as in all honesty, life is actually harder than death itself.

"[colour=#000000]The timing of death, like the ending of a story, gives a changed meaning to what preceded it." - Mary Catherine Bateson[/colour]

"[colour=#000000]It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." - Marcus Aurelius[/colour]

Oh lor - the worst way to die, by far! :cry: What were the surgeons even doing!?

That isn't the worst way to die. The worst way to die is dying for no purpose. The worst way to live is to betray the dead.

Know that the surgeons had did as much as they could to save a life.

Actually the worst way to die is by falling into the pit in Mystic Cave :P

Sorry for the bad joke but surgical complications do happen and sometimes even the best surgeons are bested by them. I have to agree with Pizza here on that score, lets just cherish her memory and move on. Every day we live is a gift. :)

Not that it would mean much coming from me, but...

She'll be in my prayers tonight. May she be woken up to the sounds of Pinkie Pie's 'Welcome' song into Heaven.