I am not sure what to make of the Littlest Petshop show airing after FiM

So, Hasbro looks like they are trying to market on the success of Friendship is Magic, and also try to capitalize on the success of Monster High with Littlest Petshop. it looks like they are trying to meet this middle ground and capture another "adult peripheral demographic", since all signs point to "things that already have a steady adult fanbase".

Ashleigh Ball is the voice actor for the main human character, Blythe.

Littlest Pet Shop has been a nice quiet success story for Hasbro since the days of g3. It's pretty much continuously been available in stores, and has a decent following of child and adult collectors.

Now, for those of you who do not know what Blythe is, first look at my avatar. That is the head of a Blythe doll, a fashion doll that came out in the 70s by Kenner, was axed within a year, and about 10 years ago began to be manufactured again by Hasbro (who bought Kenner in the 80s or 90s). They are &(^@#&*^@# expensive.

I am so confused about my feelings about this.

http://www.youtube.com/OfficialLPSVideos

Heh. Not really sure what to make of this show. I would think Hasbro would be trying its hardest to get the magic lightning of FIM to strike again, so maybe this was made in that spirit. I dunno.

I will admit I am curious though. I just might leave my TV on for a while after the pony episodes tomorrow to see just what this is all about. ;)

I'm going to say right now that I don't see me watching that show with much enthusiasm. It might turn out to be amazing, sure, but the clips I saw didn't sell me on that.

I was looking forward to hearing Nicole Oliver sing, but then I saw that the purple dog with Twilight hair has a separate singing voice. So still none of that. :c

I was looking forward to hearing Nicole Oliver sing, but then I saw that the purple dog with Twilight hair has a separate singing voice. So still none of that. :c

Nicole Oliver doesn't do the singing voice? D:

Also, pretty sure with all the FiM show talent, plus airing the premiere directly after the season 3 premiere, they are trying to attract Bronies. As EquestriaDaily says, "With talent like that, it might be worth checking out!"

Hook: Talent

Line: The music clip teaser

Sinker: You happen to leave your TV on after FiM

Nothing can copy the creative je ne sais quoi of FiM's development team.

Heh, well this is from almost the same team. Same production company, same composers, most of the same actors, a number of the same key writers, probably shared animators. if anyone has a chance at capturing the success of FIM's team, it's a team composed largely of the same people.

Unless Littlest Pet Shop has Lauren Faust and her creative team behind it, it wont go places. Sure, Ashleigh Bell (I love that chick, mind you) is voice acting. But she's a voice-actor, what more do you want? The girl needs work someplace, and it's her passion!

What really got me interested in MLP:FiM was two things... 1) Lauren Faust... and 2) Mention of John DeLancie. I could do without John... but Faust's vision is what made MLP:FiM what it is... At least imho.

Also... this is personal... but something about the art really bothers me... It just isn't appealing to me, in fact it sorta creeps me out.

I still give it a chance, if it lands on YouTube, but I'm not wasting DVR space on it...

Also... this is personal... but something about the art really bothers me... It just isn't appealing to me, in fact it sorta creeps me out.

You're not alone, believe me!

I know better and should give the show a chance, but with what I've seen and read I just have no interest. It's great that they have a lot of talent for the crew, but it feels forced and gimmicky. I really don't see this being successful with the FiM audience, but who knows right?

• 2 weeks later...