16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite antagonist?

• Gilda
    • (The Great and Powerful) Trixie
    • Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon
    • Diamond Dogs (Fido, Rover, Spot)
    • Flim Flam Brothers
    • Garble (Dragon Quest)

Oh dear... I'd narrow it down to Flim and Flam, because I really did like their song, and I did like how nonchalant they were with the whole thing. Right up until the end of their episode, they pretty much exuded confidence to a fault. Plus, bacon manes are just a bonus from character good designs, and that they have fairly unique pony animations is intriguing. I have yet to see another pony with the same physique as the brothers.

Trixie and Gilda are neck and neck with one another when it comes to favorites. In the end though, I'd have to go with Trixie. As for why? Well, she reminds me of myself many years ago. That sounds odd I'm sure, but that's enough to push her to my favorite slot.

Oh, and I REALLY like her mane! reallylikehermaneplz.png?1

Flim & Flam. I still consider their song to be one of my favorites, and through the rest of episodes there were still capable of entertaining me with their personalities/approach/swift mood changes.

Can you explain why you like her? Gilda is near the bottom for me.

I find her design very striking. She looks cool and unique, which goes a long way in capturing my attention. I also like her voice. Maryke Hendrikse has a very fun tone to her voice and her performance with Gilda takes me back to the wonderful dub of the anime Black Lagoon where she voiced the main character. I also kind of find something in her attitude and how she's written that's just amusing and fun to watch. There's something in that cynicism and nastiness that I watch and just find myself compelled and amused by. And then there's just how it ends, her in retreat, a valuable bond of friendship severed and her having nothing to show for it.

Putting it all together, i just find a very intriguing character; one I felt was worth exploring and highlighting in the RP. She has the right combination of a winningly harsh and jaded but bold attitude and potential for great and interesting depth that makes her really stand out to me in ways few of the other antagonists on the list have so far.

That said, Diamond TIara is my distant second choice though. :)

Trixie was interesting, but somehow I liked Gilda the most. She was so wonderful mean and well, like the only real griffon character in the show. Also I like how they didn't mess up griffons in MLP - they look really good.

Edit: Most important about Gilda is how she reacted at the very end. One would expect a show for little girls will end with everyone being friends but instead Rainbow Dash loses her as friend because she rages about everyone instead of accepting it - that was very cool in my opinion.