RIP Hostess, and the Twinkie

Cadabra

[colour=#333333]Today we morn the loss of Twinkie the Kid, beloved childhood friend and enabler of snack foods lunchboxes wide. You will be missed...[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Well, another American icon bites the dust, and in the process takes a bite out of one of America's most beloved snack foods: Twinkies. Today Hostess announces that it has closed its doors due to union strikes. This also marks the end of HoHos, Fruit Pies, Donettes, Snowballs, and so much more.[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Here is an article that I find appropriate, especially considering what Tallahassee had to go through in Zombieland just to get a Twinkie:[/colour]http://www.escapistm...For-the-Twinkie

[colour=#333333]What upsets me so much is to see so many people losing their jobs. Not only are we losing a piece of our childhoods here, but people are losing their ways of life. There is talking of rebranding the treats we lost, but hopefully the workers can rebrand their careers after this.[/colour]

[colour=#333333]On an ironic note, people have always said that Twinkies could last through the Apocalypse. Mayans? Are you trying to tell me something? This can not be part of the plan... :roll:[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Goodnight, sweet cakes, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.[/colour]

It's unfortunate that this has happened, but I have a feeling it may very well follow the same footsteps as Mother's Cookies. Mother's Cookies filed for bankruptcy, just as Hostess is now, and was bought out by Kellogg's. Hopefully, the same shall happen soon and allow some of the work force to return to the job that they've known.

Only time shall tell.

Edit: Really should've read the article before posting scootalooslamheadplz.gif?1

Ow this is real sad news. I love twinkies, and I could only have some when I went to the United States. Now I won't be able to anymore.

And next all the fast food places will close, and when I'll be an old grampa, I'll tell everything about the marvelous twinkie era to the grandkids ...

At lunch today, dozens of middle-aged industrial workers at my job opened up their lunches and pulled out an endless stream of Hostess' snacks. We all shared in the pain as we slowly devoured them.

Never has a group of grown men eating candy looked so depressed.

• Like 1

I never ate any Hostess products on an occasional or unoccasional basis, so I have nothing to mourn personally. It stinks for those people who lost jobs thanks to the end of Hostess, but such is so with our enocomy these days......