A Letter? From the palace?!

Manestream

I think I just saw Derpy fly by, I suppose its time to check the mail! Better check the PM's while I'm at it!

What's this, an invitation to the Grand Galloping Gala?!

Yep thats right! Now that Canterlot is up and running, we are going to be opening up the castle gates and letting everypony with a ticket in for a special Grand Galloping Gala RP! The event will go live May 30th, and is planned to last for several weeks! We are very excited to host our very first limited special RP event, and do hope you will all attend!

Keep checking back here for more details!

Ooh, I'm intrigued. And it looks like I've been approved for RP just in time ^^

Hmm, question: Are foals allowed at this Gala? I didn't see any in ep 26, but my only char is Diamond Tiara... Can she get in? Maybe with a chaperone?

Absolutely. <3 I love the idea of a chaperone, perhaps you can coordinate with someone? Of course, if things dont work out you can come yourself (just bring an imaginary parent ;}). This Gala is for everypony; even foals should be able to find things to marvel at, and have a wonderful time. Just imagine the sweets!

*drinks my morning coffee, opens mail. calls a friend over spits coffee at friend* HOW THE HAY DID I GET IN! ...and what the heck is "formal attire"... i get the feeling i may need to take a bath for this.

Hm, this sounds interesting. I was wondering why I got a golden ticket XD I only have two to choose from but one of them is already in two other RPs, so I guess Klondike gets to go to the Gala and rub elbows with all the pretty party ponies. Count me in, but I have yet to do an RP that involves more than two people. How does the posting work o.o?

Hm, this sounds interesting. I was wondering why I got a golden ticket XD I only have two to choose from but one of them is already in two other RPs, so I guess Klondike gets to go to the Gala and rub elbows with all the pretty party ponies. Count me in, but I have yet to do an RP that involves more than two people. How does the posting work o.o?

You don't have to choose just one pony; its an invitation to the RP'er, and thusly to each pony an RP'er has. You just get to imagine each of your OC's reactions! x3 Be sure to bring as many of your OC's as you like!

I would check out the Quality and Etiquette thread for pointers on how multi-pony RP's work, and post order.

The Gala Event will have its own board category, and subforums. Each subforum will be a location within, or around the perimiter of the palace. Inside each location users are welcome to create their own RP's, or join in the main RP threads created by the staff. You will enjoy the same freedom you do with the RP, and can create your own topics to guide an RP as you (and any members of your RP) see fit. Trying to have every pony post in just 7 topics, i fear, would become a disaster! So we're going to organize it this way ;}

I will be making the boards go active tomorrow, the 30th. When the gates officially open to the Gala, then everypony can rush in and start RP'ing. You have today to coordinate with others, and work on concepts for your formal attire. I know that I am personally working on Gala attire for my OC. ;}

"Invited to the Gala" Valoren asked in shock. Rubbing hte dirt from his face, he stared at ticket in shock. He was no more then an oridarny Protector/Fighter. How did he get a ticker?!??! Smilign lightly, he looked up as he thouought "Perhaps I could meet some new friends". Flying high into the air, he thought "Wait, I dont have anything formal to wear". Looking sadly at the ticket, he thought "I Hope I can think of something soon".