Silt Treble [ready]

Makuzui4220

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Silt Treble

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Bright, ice blue eyes drink in the world.

Coat: A purplish blue, the colour of stormclouds.

Mane/Tail: Dark green, the shadows underneath the forest canopy. As wildly styled as a cluster of unearthed roots.

Physique: Small for his age with more of a lean, willowy build.

Residence: Silt is a nomad, like his mother. He frequents Stalliongrad, and likes to visit the Everfree Forest.

Cutie Mark: Mortar and Pestle

History: Born on shores of the Great Nimbusgait Lakes. His life was in no way easy, as his mother, a pegasus named Pyper Uscroll, lives as a bard and takes him along on her treks to the furthest reaches of Equestria. Usually it was just the two of them, and they grew to love and trust each other. Silt first discovered his magic when he and his mother were attacked by wolves, and his fear caused the grass to grow so tall, so quickly, that it trapped the pack and allowed them to escape. After that, his mother let him stay with his Great-Grandsire in Stalliongrad for seasons at a time. During the first of these long stays, he wandered the marshes surrounding Stalliongrad and came upon a deer with a cut on its leg. He watched as it put moss on it's wound but it ran before he could ask why. Returning to his GGsir's home, he asked about why the deer would do that and as an answer was given a book on herbal medicines. Silt took the book and, after reading through it, attempted to grow some of the plants within it. He managed to use his magic to accelerate the growth of a small mint plant and brought it to his GGsire, who made it into tea to help quell the cough he had been dealing with. Silt gained his cutie mark that night as the two of them sipped tea by the fire, and he realized he wanted to use his magic to become an herbalist. He hopes to learn control over his powers so that he may continue traveling around Equestria, helping anypony he can.

Character Summary: He's a very curious colt and is outspoken to ponies he knows well. He tends to clam up around anypony he's just met, but that doesn't mean he won't wait patiently or follow somepony around until he works up the nerve to say something. Once he gets talking, he tends to make friends. Like his mother, he has a beautiful singing voice, but doesn't like doing it for anyone besides his mother, GGsire, and his plants. He has a love of growing things, and eagerly asks his Great-Grandsire for what he knows about herblore, rather than tips on singing. After a little experimenting with his magic, he found that although he couldn't get crops to grow, he could call from the earth all varieties of flowers (as long as he knows what they look like) and medicinal plants. He needed only a seed and could encourage growth by using a kind of water magic. As long as he stays calm, he has control over the magic, but extreme emotions can give it a will of its own. The outside world is home to him, and he becomes claustrophobic when faced with large crowds or small rooms. He prefers to tend a garden in the forest behind his Great-Grandsire's house but wishes to one day return to wandering Equestria as a master in herblore and water magic.

Dislikes: Crowds and predatory creatures.

Random Facts: Silt loves stories that his mother tells him about feats of great magic and the ponies that have done such things. He gets his magical side from his father, whom he's never met. The colour of his magic is a shocking green. Has seen most of Northeastern Equestria, but yet to travel further south of Cloudsdale, or beyond the Painted Pinto Desert. Wishes very much to see the Badlands.

Hey there, Makuzui

This looks pretty good so far. However, you definitely need a cutie mark story. I mean, with his affinity to herbiology, it might seem obvious, but remember that getting your cutie mark is a very important moment in the life of a young pony. So you shouldn't just leave it out.

Tell me what you think. :)

Okay, looking good so far.

Something with the wording here, though: A growth spell would most likely be acceptable but calling it a conjuration is kind of vague. In fiction, conjuration is sometimes used to describe creating something out of thin air, which isn't the intend here, but we need to avoid that kind of ambiguity.

Now you kinda make it sound like no magic was involved in it at all. Also, the Cutie Mark usually appears in the moment you realise your special talent. And for unicorns, it usually seems to happen while performing a spell. Remember how Twilight and, more importantly, Rarity received her Cutie Mark.

If you want some kind of spell involved in that moment, that's not a problem. I just asked that you don't label it a conjuration, since it comes with certain implications. :)

Hi there!

One quick thing, when you mention Silt's mother and you put in what her name was, I'm not sure if the RP helpers let you do that. I had, in my app, mentioned other character names as well, but I was told it was not allowed, so you might consider dropping her name. Otherwise this app looks good.

Happy to help!

~Midnight

Hi Makuzui4220!

Davroth will be unavailable for a while so I've been asking to take over the initial analysis of your app!

I can see you did make all the suggested changes and even added a cutie mark story. Though it is brief, it does get to the point and to me, that's good.

Well done!

:D:D:D

Hi there!

One quick thing, when you mention Silt's mother and you put in what her name was, I'm not sure if the RP helpers let you do that. I had, in my app, mentioned other character names as well, but I was told it was not allowed, so you might consider dropping her name. Otherwise this app looks good.

Happy to help!

~Midnight

Actually, this is not true. For OCs, naming the parents or other family is fine and even encouraged. It's only in the case that one is applying for any kind of cast character that we prefer not to see that.

After looking the app over though, there are a couple things I see that are going to need to be addressed.

For one, we'd prefer you didn't mention Twilight Sparkle there at the end. I know she's only hearing stories, but we really prefer OCs stand on their own without having to refer to the cast characters.

Also, what are plainscats? I tried looking it up to see if it was a real animal and couldn't really find much and I certainly don't remember something by that name in the show. We don't really allow users to introduce new creatures into the world in applications. Stick to something real or something we've seen before, please.

You're on the right track. I imagine we'll be able to stamp this app soon. :)

okay, i've changed a couple things. plainscats were actually just a band of regular feral cats that inhabit the plains of equestria, but i've changed that to wolves for the sake of simplicity. i believe this is okay....

i'm really happy that i'll be able to keep some family names in there, but i understand why cast characters should stay out. i've made the necessary changes to that.

if there's anything else that you can see that should be changed, please let me know. thank you! :)

Hi there. :)

Due to certain elements of the game currently being under of review in regards to their future inclusion in the World of Equestria RP, the SRPs have come to the decision that we would like for you to remove all references to perytons from this app.

Following this, I imagine we should most likely be able to finally give you a stamp.