[CLOSED] The BBS Art Request Experience

BrainedBySaucepans

I should have done this months ago, and it's coming up to New Year, so this seems an ideal time to stop procrastinating and actually do stuff.

So, here it is; BrainedBySaucepans' Clinic of Dilettantism!

The rules are simple, make a request and I'll draw it.

Well, it's slightly more complex than that, but not too much. Here's the basics:

1. Make your request as detailed as possible

My psychic powers only work on a specific type of honey bee and certain brands of furniture, so if you want something included in the picture, be specific. It helps if you include reference images of any OCs, and if you have a specific pose in mind, post a pic of something close to it. If you want to give me free reign on how I draw something, that's fine with me, but don't be surprised if you're surprised by the surprise of a surprising interpretation of your request.

2. More ponies = more time = lower priority = even more time

Feel free to make your requests as elaborate as you want, but be aware that this will take longer, and as such I may well choose to focus more on the easier requests. This does mean that I'll have more time to think about how best to complete your request, so it may well end up better than if I'd just focused on it, but no guarantees.

3. One request per person

Please wait for me to finish your current request before asking for another one. Pretty self explanatory I hope.

4. Requests will be uploaded to my gallery

I will sign and date all requests, and I reserve the right to use them elsewhere to showcase my work. I will make sure to credit the owner of all OCs depicted wherever I use them. The person making the request is free to use their piece wherever they wish, as long as they credit me as artist and make no alterations without my permission.

5. My To Do list has 6 slots

Why 6? Why not!

That's it for now people, now DROWN ME IN YOUR ART REQUESTS!

Batch 1:

1. Phil the Time Wizard's OCs Gray Lexis & Spirit Flame - Complete

Gray Lexis & Spirit Flame

2. Conor Colton's OC Sterling Silver - Complete

Sterling Silver

3. Erlenmeyer's Zebra OC

4. OilWells's OC Talkie Buckman

5. Spaced's OC Citrus

6. ping111's OC Maple

• Like 3

Let the floodgates open.

Hey, Brained. I would very much appreciate an art request of my latest OC, (Which appearance wise I can only offer a link to his app)...

Sterling Silver

He has aspirations of being in the royal guard so for a pose I would like to see him in a suit of royal guard armor (Minus the helmet) and standing proudly with a smile on his face, and possibly a sword at his side (Maybe the helmet on the floor too)

Nothing too fancy, really, background is up to you. You could have it blank or a castle courtyard. Your decision.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to seeing what you make and hope the flooding of requests continue ;)

Could you draw my zebra in a hut similar to Zecora's mixing some medicine for one of Fluttershy's rabbits (Angel is invincible so he can't get sick)? He could be at a desk with random herbs and containers lying around pouring some sort of dust/dried herbs into a mortar and pestle. Fluttershy would be in the background watching him work with the sick rabbit in her hooves.

Take as much time as you need and thanks in advance!

At the the top of the picture I would like it to say "What's Talkie Buckman's favorite kind of magic?" and at the bottom "MOVIE MAGIC!" and the general body of the picture is a drawing of Talkie Buckman from the neck up with a wide and silly smile on his face. Talkie has a dark blue coat and a long green straight mane (a bit similar in style to Big Mac). Have fun with it, I don't have a too much of a structured vision of Talkie Buckman haha.

Hiya Brained! thanks for doing this, I do have a request.

I would like, my OC Citrus (Pictures for reference are below, but I can provide more if you need) walking along some dingy manehattan street in the pouring rain.

If you can, I would like her to be wearing some sort of dark cloak to fend against the weather, which is flapping in the wind if possible - that would be wonderful.

Oh, Citrus does actually like the rain, so if she's smirking that would be nice as well.

zgtk3.jpg

Let the floodgates open.

Hey, Brained. I would very much appreciate an art request of my latest OC, (Which appearance wise I can only offer a link to his app)...

Sterling Silver

He has aspirations of being in the royal guard so for a pose I would like to see him in a suit of royal guard armor (Minus the helmet) and standing proudly with a smile on his face, and possibly a sword at his side (Maybe the helmet on the floor too)

Nothing too fancy, really, background is up to you. You could have it blank or a castle courtyard. Your decision.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to seeing what you make and hope the flooding of requests continue ;)

My pleasure! :D

Could you draw my zebra in a hut similar to Zecora's mixing some medicine for one of Fluttershy's rabbits (Angel is invincible so he can't get sick)? He could be at a desk with random herbs and containers lying around pouring some sort of dust/dried herbs into a mortar and pestle. Fluttershy would be in the background watching him work with the sick rabbit in her hooves.

Take as much time as you need and thanks in advance!

At the the top of the picture I would like it to say "What's Talkie Buckman's favorite kind of magic?" and at the bottom "MOVIE MAGIC!" and the general body of the picture is a drawing of Talkie Buckman from the neck up with a wide and silly smile on his face. Talkie has a dark blue coat and a long green straight mane (a bit similar in style to Big Mac). Have fun with it, I don't have a too much of a structured vision of Talkie Buckman haha.

Would you like him doing something movie related, or with a prop like a camera or projector?

Hiya Brained! thanks for doing this, I do have a request.

I would like, my OC Citrus (Pictures for reference are below, but I can provide more if you need) walking along some dingy manehattan street in the pouring rain.

If you can, I would like her to be wearing some sort of dark cloak to fend against the weather, which is flapping in the wind if possible - that would be wonderful.

Oh, Citrus does actually like the rain, so if she's smirking that would be nice as well.

Rain is brilliant, nothing like a bit of mild discomfort to remind you you're alive!

All have been added to the list; I'll start on them first thing tomorrow.

I've decided to limit my to do list to 6 slots, meaning that with the requests above, two slots remain!

Hmm, I'm definitely interested in getting some of my ponies drawn, if you'd be willing.

I made a request for you to draw Gray Lexis before, I know, and that didn't materialize, so I think I'll start there. I think I'll make it a little more specific though. Let's see...

have Gray Lexis sitting at an exceedingly messy, disheveled desk within his book shop, reading a book and looking kind of unamused. Nearby, have Spirt Flame carrying a tall stack of books with her magic, perhaps having dropped some of them; her expression should be kind of distant.

Gray has no existing images of him, unfortunately (this'll be the first time he's been drawn); go off the description I have there and if you have any questions, just ask. Spirit Flame has some nice references on her app though; feel free to go off of those for her.

Hope that's good. Thanks!

Hmm, I'm definitely interested in getting some of my ponies drawn, if you'd be willing.

I made a request for you to draw Gray Lexis before, I know, and that didn't materialize, so I think I'll start there. I think I'll make it a little more specific though. Let's see...

have Gray Lexis sitting at an exceedingly messy, disheveled desk within his book shop, reading a book and looking kind of unamused. Nearby, have Spirt Flame carrying a tall stack of books with her magic, perhaps having dropped some of them; her expression should be kind of distant.

Gray has no existing images of him, unfortunately (this'll be the first time he's been drawn); go off the description I have there and if you have any questions, just ask. Spirit Flame has some nice references on her app though; feel free to go off of those for her.

Hope that's good. Thanks!

Since you made the request in my old livestream thread and I never got round to it, I've bumped you to the top of the list. Hope everyone else doesn't mind...

One slot remains before I stop taking requests (for now)!

• Like 1

Can you draw a slightly younger Maple (not quite a foal or a filly, but, y'know, a little younger), with her vest, voraciously eating a pile of waffles oozing in maple syrup on a red/white gingham tablecloth, in a log cabin? You're awesome! It may seem a tad specific, but it's really only 4 basic elements, and the log cabin bit isn't even necessary.

EDIT: Reference: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/67639714/RealMapleNew%20copy.png

Can you draw a slightly younger Maple (not quite a foal or a filly, but, y'know, a little younger), with her vest, voraciously eating a pile of waffles oozing in maple syrup on a red/white gingham tablecloth, in a log cabin? You're awesome! It may seem a tad specific, but it's really only 4 basic elements, and the log cabin bit isn't even necessary.

EDIT: Reference: https://dl.dropbox.c...pleNew copy.png

She's on the list!

As of now I am no longer taking requests, at least until I have some of the current batch finished. I'll post again when that happens.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Can I change my request?

If so:

Maple as a waffle. Not like her body is a waffle, like a giant waffle with her eyes, her mane and ears on top, and her appendages around it. I'll PM you my idea...

...I'm evil and I should have thought this through. Sorry.

Okay, you have no idea how much I hate to do this, but all art requests are on hold until further notice.

Ever since my last livestream, I've had constant pins & needles in my left hand, and while it's not painful or restricting my movement at all, I still find it a bit worrying. Hopefully I'm panicking over nothing, but I'm not doing anything to exacerbate it until I've consulted with a doctor.

Sorry about this, please bear with me.

Okay, you have no idea how much I hate to do this, but all art requests are on hold until further notice.

Ever since my last livestream, I've had constant pins & needles in my left hand, and while it's not painful or restricting my movement at all, I still find it a bit worrying. Hopefully I'm panicking over nothing, but I'm not doing anything to exacerbate it until I've consulted with a doctor.

Take your time. I'm sure we can wait. Hope your hand is okay. :blush:

To restate what Phil just said, yeah, take your time :P

We can indeed wait if there is some hand related worries going on. Hope you feel better soon, mate ^_^