A Compendium of Curiosities (Apply here!)

Shy, would we have room for a fourth or no..? My friend Starbuster may also want to join if so

i know starbuster on a near personal level, he's a great RP'er...guy, thingy...anyways! say if he maybe had a ship of his own, he could for an alliance with us.

Name: Gauge

Species: pegasus

Looks: Middle length, Flowing, Blonde Mane with a short Blonde tail, midsized, strong build and a Red Coat with Purple eyes and a mechanical wing (Pic soon)

Personality: Gauge isn't very personable and tends to be a loner, He has no desire of wasting time on "friends" only caring about his own personal goals aind while he is cool and calm whenever he tries to talk with iris he gets tounge tied

Cutie Mark: The sword he Forged (Pic soon)

Random Fact: He's a great blacksmith and is allergic to dogs

Your Ship: (Currently) The Ship Gizmo made

Weapons/Fighting style: A large lightweight blade he forged himself and hes great with hoove to hoove combat

Lifelong dream or general goal: He does'nt care much for dreams... but he wants to escape the island and become stronger

History: one night a pregnant mother came wandering into the small village she looked worn from such a long journey from who knows where, the elders of the village brought her in and delivered the child, sadly, the childs Mother passed away in the process and there was no clues as to who his father may be, The elders raised the child and taught him everything they could, when he wasnt learning he spent his times on the roof just staring out at the expanse of desert, and He rarely left the home of the elders but whenever the elders needed anything, he did. he was always warmly greeted by the nearby kids much to his dismay one day he was practicing flying when a sandstorm kicked up, which shredded his wings he began a quick decent to the ground below and hit a building which completely wrecked his right wing and knocked him unconscious, Gizmo saw him crash and quickly drug him into his home and tried to help, a few days later he woke up to the 3 other kids over him, he sat up and realized something felt odd on his back, realizing he couldnt feel his right wing, gizmo explained that he lost it but that he had made an invention and to use his left wing, when he opened his wing large metal blades unfurled from his right side, coming to the realization that he is now an amputee he got up and left, He turned and said "Thanks" and left for the desert to begin learning how to use his new "wing" where he made his blade to survive on his own, visiting the town on occasion to visit his "Friends" till one day he was offered to join gizmo's crew and didn't hesitate to leave the desert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vi9ZdJnDUE

^ The best imaginable song for Volk

http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics/reise_reise/reise_reise <--- Makes more sense with the lyrics translated.

But even without the words, it feels gloomy and powerful, like the duo does together. It is very obvious what he is saying in the chorus though, at least at the beginning/most prominent part: "Reise, reise, seeman reise" or 'Rise, rise, seaman rise' is meant as a wake-up/battle stations call for sailors. It just feels way too perfect in my mind. *shrugs*

Haha, I love Starbuster! I got that boi's numbah c: Okay, Ill message him or tell him to get his butt on this thread ^^

I approve of Gauge!! :3

Okay Dusty, no worries. ^^

(Alright guys, i'm a lot less busy now, and have more time for some fun RP's. :D however, i've decided to change my app, mostly because i had an idea in mind for some characters, but my previous app didn't quite cut it. So here's my newer app. I'm sure you'll notice some familiar elements from my previous app. [sorry for the lengthyness, apping 2 characters is a bit more detailed. xD])

Name: Stardust Shine

Species: Pegasi

Looks: Lean muscle, shrouded in a deep cerulean coat. Her dark orchid and navy blue tail and mane are braided around a spiked cord, ending with silvery ribbons. She has a hard, confident stance, fit for leadership, and piercing teal eyes that some swear stare into your soul. A prominent scar has left its mark crossing her left eye, leaving her skin white where it was once wounded.

Personality: A born leader, she was always worked hard by her father, helping him build his greatest achievement, the Crystalline Phoenix, a ship made almost completely of gems from a deceased dragon cave. Being worked hard as a younger mare, she developed a strong sense of discipline. She takes a great deal of pride in her achievements, and in turn, has a great deal of respect for those who have achieved great things. She respects everyone, unless they do not deserve her respect. She can be nice when she needs to be, and she can be comedic, and she usually only is if the situation permits. Loyal to her crew, she eats with them as an equal, rather than a superior. She often exchanges stories of her achievements with her crewmates, and even sleeps in the hold with the rest of them, rather than her private chamber. Quick witted and strong, she often engages in mind challenges and games, the more difficult, the better. She has a preference for mares, but occasionally hooks up with a stallion.

Cutie Mark: Twin bolts of lightning cross her flank, acquired after building her fifth, and largest arclight thunder cannon, which she was building for her own ship, the Diamondback.

Random Fact: When she was a younger mare, she was trained to have more endurance and resilience, making her as strong as a tough earth pony and making her need only 2 hours of sleep to be at her best.

Ship: The Diamondback (Will be posted when seen in RP)

Weapons/Fighting Style: Her weapon is a custom fit set of wing blades adorned with gems that control her ship. Only the wearer of the blades can move her ship, and they cannot be dismantled. She is adept at her own close combat style of fighting, often training against multiple ponies at the same time, and almost always winning. She can fight up to 5 ponies simultaneously, and is masterful at disarming her opponents.

Lifelong Dream/General Goal: To reunite with her father and take revenge on the pirates who kidnapped him and his ship.

History: Her father was a legendary airship builder, and thus was very affluent, granting the funds needed for them to build more and more airships. He had built thousands of airships, including his own masterpiece, the Crystalline Phoenix. However, in the final stage of development, a group of pirates came and kidnapped him, stealing his airship, the Crystalline Phoenix, while it was still in development. Upset over the loss of her father, she was outraged, and let her rage fuel her passion for building and inventing things. With help from a group of very close friends, and her own sister, she took the engine designed for the Crystalline Phoenix, and built her own ship, the Diamondback, around it. With her airship, she took to the skies in search of her father. These close friends of hers became her crew, and they recruited all over the eastern lands, growing their crew to higher numbers. Her crew, now roughly in the high thirties, is intent on treasure and adventure, and has mastered the use of the ship that they now call their home. Travelling around with her companions, new and old, the main thing on her mind is revenge.

Name: Moondust Shine

Species: Pegasi

Looks: Identical to her twin sister Stardust, she is deep cerulean in colour with her two-toned dark orchid and navy mane and tail. However, she prefers the less rugged and more enchanting look of eastern pegasi, preferring to dress in sleek, slim attire that molds to her body, making her curvy feminine features more apparent. She's not as muscular as her twin, having not been worked as her sister was. She has an identical scar crossing her right eye, giving her a dangerously seductive look. Her emerald green eyes burn with intensity, leading to a more alluring and drawing look.

Personality: Her silver tongue often gets her exactly what she wants, and often times more than she needed. However, occasionally she digs herself into a pit that her twin often is called on to pull her out of. Usually by violence. She is a very mysterious character, and often uses her looks and her charm to get information. She values feminine aesthetics, often decorating the Diamondback, making it less than fearsome. At one point, she had decided all of the cannons needed to be pink, and so pink they were. Her moods are a mystery, often times she will be persuading someone into getting what she wants, to turning very violent and forcing it from them. (Often times pinning them with a knife to their throat) She's not afraid of blackmail, and is typically the political figurehead for the Diamondback, making her more of the negotiator than her disciplined sister. She's more of the jolly type, mostly playing harmless pranks on the crew members and her sister. She's the motivator of the ship, often bringing optimism when times are tough, and strengthens morale to the crew when the ship is under attack. One could say she is the Diamondback's cheerleader. She's interested in both mares and stallions, though she has preference for stallions.

Cutie Mark: Twin dice, both on the six side of it. She got her cutie mark after her encounter with the pirates, who allowed her and her sister to go free in return for them paying ransom for their father.

Random Fact: She once talked an entire ship of pirates off of their own ship, looted their entire ship, thanked them for their business, and proceeded to fly off with all of their loot. Later they ran into these same pirates and her sister sunk their airship with a blast from a cannon. They wanted their stuff back.

Ship: The Diamondback (Will be posted when seen in RP)

Weapons/Fighting Style: More of a stealthy fighting style, she fights with blades attached to her hooves that slide out when she needs them. She has twin scoped clockwork pistols that she uses when the fighting is from afar, and often drops foes with a single shot, usually nonlethal. She prefers negotiation and conversation, because she holds the edge in a conversation.

Lifelong Dream/General Goal: To get her father back from those nasty pirate kidnappers.

History: More of her daddy's little girl, Moondust was always getting herself into trouble with other colts and fillies at a younger age. She didn't ever like stealing, so she talked other ponies into giving her things, which made it morally right to her. She was upset over the kidnapping of her father, and set about immediately recruiting ponies to help Stardust build her ship, the Diamondback. She did none of the building herself, but was constantly recruiting ponies to help build it, telling them that they could become a part of the crew. To this day, she's talking her way through, inside, outside, and around things, constantly getting exactly what she wants.

And my first post is up. :D I took advantage of fireraven posting about two mares in the bar. Why not? xD I'm sure this will be a fun RP. Thanks for the acceptance Stormy :D

Well going to get a post up this day, life was ****ing me over, but I'm making time this day for it.

Tis a lie! Ha ha no worries... take yer time and I hope everythings okay!

Name: Iris

Species: unicorn

Looks: lean small build, red eyes, purple coat and a dark Brown mane (with a ponytail like Applejacks) with a bang sticking out from under her beret and dark brown tail

Personality: happy go lucky, but if you make her mad you die

Cutie Mark: a silver rapier

Random Fact: she keeps her fathers notebook in the beret she always wears, also while she is a unicorn she rarely uses magic focusing more on what she can do without it.

Your Ship: gizmos ship (for now)

Weapons/Fighting style: while she certainly hates fighting she is a skilled swordsman (er... Woman...) Trained by her late father also because of her fathers training (and further studies) she is trained like a soldier and can survive almost any situation

Lifelong dream or general goal: she wants to discover what happened to her father

History: Iris grew up in a normal home, being raised like a normal girl, her mother taught her to cook and clean, propper etiquette, and how to take care of things around the house while her father taught her humility, how to keep a level head no matter what arises, survival skills and swordplay, she loved her parents like no other always tending to lean more towards her father, spending most of her childhood training with him, till one day he got a visit from equestria's royal guard looking for the old naval officer, there was a war beginning and they wanted to be ready for the worst so her father packed up his things and left with them telling his crying daughter he'll be home soon iris gave him a notebook and told him to write down everything that goes on he patted her on the head and said that he'll write in it every day, months passed, until a small black lined letter was delivered, saying that her fathers ship flew headlong into the eye of a storm and his ship was torn apart, the young girl was crushed her father was her best friend, she didn't know what to do, she spent her time just sitting in her room staring out at the skies that took him until a package arrived for her she opened it and discovered it was her fathers notebook. She read through it as the tears poured down her face till she got to the storm "as much as this goes against my code of conduct. I'm sorry commander, I'm breaking ranks and taking my crew with me into that maelstrom.." the note stopped there, she gripped the book tightly for a bit and then for whatever reason perhaps it was curiousity or perhaps somehow she knew to turn the page the book kept going "we made it through the storm... Now we can end this war..." She read on "They're still hunting us down... There are only 6 of us left... And I have to make it back for iris" she was scared at what she may find, but she couldn't stop reading "...I've made it to a small port... Hopefully there aren't any guards here... Okay, Iris. I'm sending this book back to you. Just in case something happens to me, I want you to know. I love you Sweetheart... Tell your mother I love her... And don't lose your life just because you think I did... Your old man's tougher than that! Practice hard and make some good friends! I don't have much time... I'll get another notebook and perhaps one day that will make it to you... Who am I kidding you're my daughter! You're foolhardy enough to come after me! So here... If you do make it out of that village someday, and I haven't gotten caught come and visit! P.s. look 3 pages ahead" she flipped ahead and found a map pointing from a port to a cave, she grabbed all the money she had and ran into town frantically searching for a way to get a ship to go find her father, only to get laughed at by the shop keeps, she ran out to the well in the center of town and laid her head down and bawled, till a young boy approached her " [colour=#daa520] hey... What's wrong?[/colour]" "I... I need to get out of here... I have to find my daddy!" " [colour=#daa520] (she wants to find her dad too?) Well... I'm learning how to build stuff... So maybe I can help you out! My names gizmo! [/colour] " "I... I'm iris..." The two began to talk for awhile and became fast friends " [colour=#daa520] I'm gonna go start learning how to make a ship!" [/colour] "okay! I've gotta practice" " [colour=#daa520] practice? [/colour] " "Yup! Bye gizmo!" the two said their goodbyes then left, she went home and practiced with her sword as if her father was there to help guide her, she did this each and every morning then went and visited gizmo and soon scuttle, she would just watch as he tinkered, she read through some of his books not really understanding them, they never spoke when he was inventing, but they had a special bond... She always felt so happy when she was with him, but there was another colt that had an effect like that, he rarely came into town but whenever he did. She seemed to be torn between watching gizmo tinker or Gauge just... Being gauge. Then after gizmo found gauge after his freefall, Iris was the one to nurse him back to health, And now that gizmo has built the ship, she's ready to go and find her father... if he's still alive out there...

Wait...

Ponies + Steampunk + Pirates?

mlp__steampunk_rarity_by_0ravensrequiem0-d5fu1ch.jpg

FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Is there room for one more!? :D

Shoot I don't see why not.

But do be warned it is an 18+ RP so stuff will happen.

If Starstorm says you're good then I might pester you into joining my crew.

Also dat rarity picture!!!!

sticker,375x360.png

Everypony wants their ship to be 20% cooler, too bad this 20% is flyin solo. Or not...

I'll just fly solo until I land upon some RANDOM ship and then I'll sneak to the captain's quarters and challenge him/her to a dual. I which I win, I stay and run the vessel, or I lose and is thrown overboard and basically quit the RP or repeat this process...

Wait, what type of ships?

Like actually boats? Or awesome gliders and blimps and stuff? :P

Because if this is actually on the water, I want no part of this. :roll:

I hate the ocean...I have a bad past...I once took my pet goldfish to the beach, and well....Yeah....

:lol: