Official Season 1 DVD.

Autumn

Finally got my copy from Amazon. UGH. -1 for the cover. Lazy art. Same ol' vectors. With all the artists both in the community and Hasbro, could we have had a cool cover with original art? Ugh. Also no Lauren Faust? Really?

Beyond those two mehs, it's a fun DVD. We get all the episodes! The commentaries are a ton of fun...Would have liked more, but one on each DVD was pretty good. Would have been nice to have different songs/music on each DVD in the menus..instead of a rather loud MY LITTLE PONYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Still, we get all the episodes! Woot! Not two episodes..All of them. Buy this DVD so we'll get a season 2 DVD...With hopefully more goodies.

It is a great DVD. I wish it had more commentaries, but wishes and fishes I suppose.

I loved the VAs during the commentary. Tabitha St. Germain is full of win. She kept breaking into Granny Smith and when asked about Rarity's accent, she mused that the unicorn took the fancy-smancy accent to 'rebel' against her rather country/mid-western family. ;)

Finally got my copy from Amazon. UGH. -1 for the cover. Lazy art. Same ol' vectors. With all the artists both in the community and Hasbro, could we have had a cool cover with original art? Ugh. Also no Lauren Faust? Really?

Beyond those two mehs, it's a fun DVD. We get all the episodes! The commentaries are a ton of fun...Would have liked more, but one on each DVD was pretty good. Would have been nice to have different songs/music on each DVD in the menus..instead of a rather loud MY LITTLE PONYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Still, we get all the episodes! Woot! Not two episodes..All of them. Buy this DVD so we'll get a season 2 DVD...With hopefully more goodies.

You're more miffed about more than / over who they put on Disc 3? ;)

You're more miffed about more than / over who they put on Disc 3? ;)

Well, I was gonna mention that, but I try not to be too negative on these boards and I was near my limit. That's really gonna confuse whoever hasn't watched the newer seasons when they see her on the DVD..And she's not on the show.

But the art..Lazy lazy. Angel Bunny has the right expression on his face. You see this stuff...And then you see all the awesome art on all the zillion covers of the comic book...But at least on the DVD we had Applejack with her hat. Twilight looks cute. But for Pony's sake. Can someone PLEASE hug Spike? That's the same image you see 90% of the time for Spike. "Hug me!" If someone hugs Spike, we might get a new vector.