[Whitetail Wood] Camp Little Lake! [Apply in OOC!] [Open!]

Frost137

[colour=#FF6666]"Don't worry! The instructors were just introducing themselves. We're still just getting started."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Instructors..."[/colour] Long Drive looked up to see a few ponies- and strangely enough, a griffon- who seemed much older than the majority of ponies, who were fillies and colts like himself. He wasn't exactly sure what to do. This was his first time being in a camp, miles away from civilization, and most of all, living in the outdoors. He would've enjoyed his own home in the city more, if only it wasn't so distant. Long Drive wondered if the other fillies and colts were feeling the same way.

His thoughts were blown away as he saw the griffin slice an apple into pieces. Long Drive dismissed the aggressive action as a threat. Instead of inducing fear, Long Drive felt displeased himself from the action, and it was enough to give him a bad impression on the griffon. Remind myself to keep a distance from him, he noted to himself.

"Hi, new kid!" Long Drive turned his head to look at a filly, waving vigorously, who had shouted to him, or as he assumed. He trotted towards the bluish filly until he arrived next to her, and began to speak up. He hesitated from doing so, however, when he noticed who the filly was talking to; a colt with a dark green mane like the trees in a forest, which was also...dirty. He had noticed that even dirt was falling off of the colt's mane, which led to Long Drive being speechless.

"Yeah, I sure do, maybe a little too much if you ask me. Still, I'm really looking forward to hanging around with you guys and along with making some new friends, along with campfires, eatting sch'moes and telling scary stories. This is gonna be so much fun!"

[colour=#000000]Hopesong giggled and gave an excited nod. Unlike Wind, her fillyhood was a sparse affair. She spent most days up in her mountain home with just her mother, her cat Sable and her books and things to keep her company. Resting around a campfire, gossiping with new friends as she enjoyed sweets and entertainment... she could picture few things more exciting than that. it made her very eager.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"it sounds amazing! This is gonna be even better than flight camp!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she declared.[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this is going to be so much fun Wind. Oh we should stay up really late and tell ghost stories. Boo".[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The young pegasus grinned widely at Gilmmer's enthusiasm.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"Ooh yes! Spooky stories are so much fun," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said cheerfully, happy to be there with these new friends.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"i think I know a couple good ones myself!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she asserted, giving a nod.[/colour]

[colour=red]"Hello...!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hope was surprised when one of the instructors then spoke to her. It was the mare who had introduced herself as the canoeing instructor, Maple. Hopesong smiled politely at her.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"Hello Ms. Maple,"[/colour][colour=#000000] she said, nodding her head.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"I don't know much about canoes, but I'm looking forward to learning from you and the other teachers!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]the bright eyed filly added[/colour]

"Oh geez.", Wind Walker knew the elder griffon was incredibly protective of his little sister from her past experiences with the two, "Hey Mister Razor.", she glanced over at the male with a smile while waving her front right hoof at him, "I promise I'll look after your itty bitty birdie and keep her safe from any nasty monster, hungry forest animal or even smooch-wanting boy. Ah promise!", she winked at him before she stepped up her pace and caught up with the others before the next instructor spoke.

She nodded her head politely as Maple Blossom introduced herself and turned her head to the others, "Hey guys.", she whispered, "Any of you ever been on a canoe before? Just make sure you wear something a little thick in the flank when we do, cause sitting on a hard wooden floor for hours can be sort of uncomfortable. I do hope this river is a little calmer than the rivers of Raptorclaw.", she shuddered a little as she remembered her little misadventure in the Raptorclaw Rapids. The idea of being dirty didn't even faze the little filly. It was camp! One was expected to get their hooves a little dirty, although she wasn't sure about having seeds in her mane.

"Er guys.", she tried to get Silt's attention, "Aren't you a little worried that birds might try to get your seeds while they're still resting in your hair and they'd pull the heck out of them? I'm guessing that would hurt, like a lot!". She decided to go through a mental list of her favorite scary-campfire stories, knowing both Glimmer and Hopesong would be a little too freaked out by some of her more interesting stories, so I would be wise to avoid some gems as 'Bloody Marey' or the one with a the pony with a hook for an foreleg. She just hoped the little orientation would be over soon so they could get with the fun!

[colour=#ff6666]"Hello Ms. Maple,"[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"I don't know much about canoes, but I'm looking forward to learning from you and the other teachers!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]Hi there! That's okay - learning to canoe is a snap, and oh filly will you have fun doing it![/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ff0000]"We all hope you guys have a great week!" [/colour]Announced the director. [colour=#ff0000]"Now, all of the counselors will call out your name and you get to be in their cabin!"[/colour]

"Okay." Jigsaw blew a gust of wind and pulled out the clipboard. This was getting to the good part. The campers! Oh, Jigsaw couldn't wait to meet them. She glanced at the group of campers and back at the board. "I have Hopesong, Wind Walker, Glimmer, and Fresco!" ((Hopefully I got all the girls....))

Razor nodded, glad to know that his sister would be seperate from the boys. He looked to Harrington and nodded, [colour=#FF0000]"Right. Sorry. Don't worry I wouldn't actually physically harm the kid or kids. Maybe scare em a little, but thats good for a kid. Puts feathers on your chest."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"So...anything else I need to do? If not just tell me when I can start teaching these kids some life skills and I will get to it."[/colour] He said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glimmer squealled in joy and grabbed Wind, Hopesong and Fresco in a big group hug. She hugged them tightly, and given she was a griffon it was a squeezy hug, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this is going to be so much fun!"[/colour] She let them go and flew over to Razor and dived onto him and gave him a surprise hug, taking him by surprise.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this will be so much fun Razor." [/colour]Glimmer said, hugging him tightly.

[colour=#FF0000]"Trouble......breathing."[/colour] Razor choked, though he pretended it didn't bother him as he pat his sisters head gently. He loved her dearly....but he loved breathing more he felt.

Glimmer let him go and skipped away to join her friends, leaving Razor to gasp for air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boulder waved bye to the fillies as they left before joining the other colts.

[colour=#00FF00]"Hello I'm Boulder. Oh this is going to be so cool. Oh we should stay up really late and tell scarey stories, oh and we can eat smores, oh and toast. I love toast."[/colour] He said with a big smile.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ff0000]"Okay, as long as it's within good reason, I won't object. The analogy is a bit different for me, but I get the gist the same. I will join you as soon as they get that underway. For now..."[/colour]

Harrington left Razor as his little sister began to hug him to suffocation. He found a small circle of colts and glided over to join them, landing a few steps away from them, picking up on what one was saying about some late-night activities and fun.

[colour=#ff0000]"Good day, boys. Name's Harrington Sleuth, investigator by trade and colts' counselor for this week. The s'mores are an absolute must at any camp, the stories are okay provided they are not objectionably gruesome and, if we don't plan it already, I'll make sure there's toast. Oh, right...you may have to excuse me for that, I...have a bit of a habit of listening in for a bit before dropping by for a word. It's been there since I was about your age."[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"That's not gross.." Fresco stated, "You're like some kind of plant pony. I think its cool!!" The corners of her mouth turned up, forming a grin. Silt smiled back up at the filly. Her comforting pat on the back made him feel a bit better; at least the colt had friends to reassure him! Flushing slightly, Silt mumbled a [/colour][colour=#008000]"Thank you.."[/colour][colour=#282828] to Fresco, although he wasn't sure if the filly heard him.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"Er guys," Wind Walker tried to get Silt's attention by tapping his shoulder, "Aren't you a little worried that birds might try to get your seeds while they're still resting in your hair and they'd pull the heck out of them? I'm guessing that would hurt, like a lot!"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Silt thought about Wind Walker's words for a moment, then shrugged.[/colour][colour=#008000] "I don't know, I've never really had that happen before. Birds like to keep themselves clean, don't they? Always bathing and splashing in the water... maybe they don't like the dirt?"[/colour][colour=#282828] Silt continued to listen as Wind Walker talked about canoeing; being interested in the subject since he had a very large fondness for water. He mentioned to her that he had never traveled that way, then listened eagerly, but quietly, while Wind recounted her experience. [/colour][colour=#008000]"Woah! The Raptorclaw Rapids? You've been to the badlands?" [/colour][colour=#282828]Silt's eyes shown with admiration as he gazed at Wind Walker in a new light. The colt had always dreamed of visiting the home of the griffons, but his age and timid nature prevented the colt from doing so.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"That's okay - learning to canoe is a snap, and oh filly will you have fun doing it!"[/colour][colour=#282828] Maple, the canoeing instructor, piped in. Silt looked to her. She seemed like a very kind mare, but that only made Silt look forward to her classes even more. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]The talking was cut short; counselors were calling out to the youngsters. The fillies all gathered around Jigsaw while the colts headed over to Harrington Sleuth. Slowly, Silt left his new filly friends to join the other colts gathering around their counselor. Hearing that Harrington was an investigator piqued Silt's interest. What sort of stories would this stallion have? He sat on the ground and listened quietly about toast and s'mores, unable to suppress a smile. That smile faltered a bit around the mention of scary stories, however. Well, as long as they weren't to scary, Silt would be okay.[/colour]