[Whitetail Wood] Camp Little Lake! [Apply in OOC!] [Open!]

Frost137

The OOC Discussion: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/13551-the-ooc-discussion-camp-little-lake/page__st__80#entry340929

Since I don't have my fillies counselor yet, here is the setting!

Camp Little Lake, nestled in the middle of the Whitetail Wood was a little foal's camp by Little Lake. Not a big lake, but just enough for canoeing and swimming. The summer morning starts as the staff excited to see everypony flowing in through registration. The air was a little cool, but not too cold.

Nearby, a wagon of foals and families drop off their kids.

[colour=#0000cd]"...and most importantly: Don't forget to write your mother, young lady!!"[/colour] Fresco's mum took one last look at her daughter, who's attention had been captured by a little frog, bouncing around on the ground as if it had an more of a charge than it knew what to do with. Her mother was patient with her though, knowing just how badly she would miss her little filly while she was away at camp. [colour=#0000cd]"You cute little critter! You must have a beautiful mother. Oh, wait... Tee hee hee!"[/colour] Fresco grinned at her. If there was one thing she was going to miss, it was her mother's sense of humor. [colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, yeah.. Thanks mum, I'll see yuh later!"[/colour] She hopped out of her family's little wagon and onto nature's flooring. She stood with her little red saddlebag, ready to face the wild! Or, at least meet her fellow campers.

[colour=#000000]Midnight Brand had a mix of feelings visible on her expression as she steadily trotted through the Whitetail woods in stride with her daughter Hopesong. For most of the filly's life thus far she had kept the child very close at hoof. Hopesong was everything to her and protecting her was second to nothing in importance. Their quiet, secluded mountain home at the edges of the Roughrider Ridge had always seemed like a safe haven for them both, separated from the harsh and unpleasant elements that populated the world around them. She had thought that keeping the child content was as simple as leaving on occasional paid ventures and coming back with things books and toys and other things the child could indulge herself in.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hopesong was a unceasingly strong filly. She never complained about anything. No, instead the child was more intent to worry for her mother's safety and welfare than her own. She was a miraculous child, but even so Midnight had started to see that her methods had been misguided. It had been a simple realization, coming to her one day as she watched Hopesong fly up a tree to get her beloved cat Sable and in the process almost lose her balance and fall. Being that Midnight was an earth pony, flight was not something she could teach the filly. In that moment she realized she couldn't do it alone. It wasn't healthy, even if Hopesong allowed it. For that reason she had made the decision to send the filly to flight camp.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The filly had come back from that camp with a head full of wonderful memories of new friends made in addition to the flight skills learned. The more she listened, the more she had become aware that her choice had been the right one. In the following months she had been far more ready to take Hopesong out in the world and allow her to experience it all and grow. It made the filly so cheerful; she was still talking about the time Midnight had taken her to the wedding of a friend. Midnight knew now that more needed to be done. That was when she had heard about this Camp Little Lake. Midnight was confident it would prove to be a valuable opportunity for the child to continue to grow and make even more friends.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]
[/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own, mother?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Hopesong asked as they walked, a smile on her face. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"I worry about you all on your own."[/colour][colour=#000000]
​[/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"Hopesong... that's..."[/colour][colour=#000000] Midnight started, smiling at her child's concern. She shook her head and laughed. [/colour][colour=#ccff33]"You needn't worry. I'll be making sure to stay busy while you're away."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]
[/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Well, I suppose you will have Sable there with you,"[/colour][colour=#000000] Hopesong responded with a soft giggle. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"I think I can count on her to watch out for you."[/colour][colour=#000000]
​[/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"Do you really think me so helpless...?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Midnight started listlessly, at something of a loss.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]
Hopesong just laughed. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Not at all! You're amazing! I just want to make sure you don't feel too alone."[/colour][colour=#000000]
​[/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"You really are a thoughtful child,"[/colour][colour=#000000] Midnight said with some heaviness as they continued to approach the cabins at the side of the lake. [/colour][colour=#ccff33]"You're too good to me."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]
[/colour][colour=#ff6666]"I do my best! Always!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Hopesong replied cheekily, smiling brightly.
​[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Midnight laughed some more. [/colour][colour=#ccff33]"You should run along now,"[/colour][colour=#000000] she said, smiling at her daughter. [/colour][colour=#ccff33]"I'll want to hear everything when we're reunited."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]
[/colour][colour=#ff6666]"'kay, I'll make sure I have lots of awesome stories then!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Hopesong replied sharply. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Bye! Love you, mum!"[/colour][colour=#000000] The young pegasus nuzzled against her mother affectionately before excitedly taking to wing and starting to fly away.
​[/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"It never gets easier..."[/colour][colour=#000000] Midnight said through as a sigh as her daughter flew eagerly away to make new friends. Despite her words, she was smiling far more than she usually did. She was confident this was the right call.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]
[/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Hi everyone!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Hopesong called out excitedly as she flew up to and landed near a group of other foals. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"I'm Hopesong! I hope we can be friends!"[/colour]

Fleet Paw was going to camp! The young cynogiffon was practically buzzing with excitement as the wagon carrying him, his mother, and a number of other families was pulled down the path towards their destination, Camp Little Lake. It took everything he had to stay in his seat. Fleet loved being outside, especially when he's either running or exploring somewhere. Considering that his parents told him time and time again that he's not to go exploring far from the camp, he was content with the thought of being outside with other foals and cubs his age. There weren't many other kids his age back in Rockwington, and none of them were ever really good friends with him. Either way, these next few days were going to be awesome, because he was going to make them awesome.

As the wagon came to a halt, Fleet blasted out of his seat and off his feet as his mum grabbed him. [colour=#a52a2a]"Hang on, Fleet. Let everyone else [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]ahead of us [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]off first." [/colour]Fleet groaned as the other ponies on the wagon got up and began to hop off the back and onto the dirt road. As soon as Fleet's claws hit dirt, he noticed a group of other ponies and griffons his age. He started to run over, only to be grabbed by his mum yet again. [colour=#a52a2a]"Hey, before you run off," [/colour]she pulled Fleet in close for a hug. Giving her a hug in return, he smiled at her. [colour=#ff8c00]"I'll be good, I promise." [/colour]

[colour=#a52a2a]"No running off?" [/colour]She looked right in his eyes. That was the only way she could ever get him to listen to her.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Explorer's honor,"[/colour] he snapped a rigid salute. One more hug between the two of them, and Fleet was off. He ran over to the group, a big stupid smile plastered on his face, eager to meet someone new. [colour=#000000][colour=#ff6666]"Hi everyone! I'm Hopesong! I hope we can be friends![/colour][/colour][colour=#000000][colour=#ff6666]"[/colour][/colour] Fleet looked around for the source of the voice and noticed a light green pegasus floating over. She seemed like she'd be a good friend. Fleet excitedly waved a claw at her, trying to get her attention.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Hey Hopesong! I'm Fleet Paw!" [/colour]Big stupid grin still on, he started walking in her direction. [colour=#ff8c00]"How's it goin'?"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Oh boy, oh boy."[/colour] Boulder said, hopping up and down. He was so excited, HE WAS GOING TO CAMP!

[colour=#800080]"Now Boulder. Try to keep yourself undercontrol, and don't get too excited and break something....like last time."[/colour] His father said, patting his son's head once.

[colour=#00FF00]"Sure thing dad. I promise to be the best scout I can be." [/colour]Boulder said, hopping up and down more.

Boulder's father didn't feel to sure. Still if his son gave his word, well he would have to trust that Boulder would be careful with anything breakable at this camp. Actually he would probably bring a blank check when he came to pick him up and have them fill it out with the damages.

When the wagon pulled over, Boulder made a mad dash for the door, laughing in glee all the way. His father sighed and followed after his son.

[colour=#800080]"Now Boulder. Listen to the councilors. Don't go off into the woods, or eat anything you don't know. And be sure to have fun." [/colour]

Boulder gave his father a salute and a big hug. The two smiled at each other, before Boulder noticed some kids his age. He ran over to say hello, only to trip over his own feet and slide across the dirt over to them. The young colt got his face out of the ground and spat out some dirt in his mouth and just giggled as he got up.

[colour=#00FF00]"Hello, my name is Boulder."[/colour] He said, offering his hoof out to a cynogriffon.

Wind Walker was currently not a very happy pony at the moment, "I can't believe you're just gonna leave me at this baby-camp and rush off with mother to have fun in Las Pegasus.", she whined, "You could have at least tried a little harder to get me into summer flight camp.", her bottom lip quivered as she glanced dolefully over at the impressive looking stallion that walked beside her. This stallion, who was also her father, was one 'Major' Brass Hat, a career pony who served in the Royal Equestrian Army, just as his other children, his wife, his brothers, his sisters, and pretty much every member of his family longer than anypony could remember. His youngest daughter had originally planned to spend time with her friends during the school break, but unfortunately they were currently scattered across Equestria and with nopony to watch her back in Canterlot for the time being, the Pegasus' parents decided camp would be the perfect place for her to go.

"I'm sorry Wind, you're just at the funny little age where you're still too young for the J.S.F.C. I could have enrolled you into the beginners camp, but you'd just be bored out of your mind.", he tried to sound positive as they cantered down the dirt road, "You just need to realize that this will be the last time you're going to be attending a relaxing camp. Next year when you're in the summer flight program, you won't be lazing around some lake in a canoe or eating s'mores, they're going to be running you ragged. The 'Junior Summer Flight Camp' is as close to flight boot-camp as you can get. As for Las Pegasus, you know how your mother gets after her yearly audits.", a thin smile formed on his face as he caught sight of the gathering of campers and their parents, "We're here!", he nudged the little pony towards the group.

The filly groaned ever so dramatically, "Yeah-yeah, I just hope you're...oh.", she dropped the whole 'act' as she noticed one very familiar filly in the group. She knew the fuzzy tailed green mare from a wedding she had attended in Ponyville. Wind was still rather upset that she was never able to hang around with the girl after the wedding party as they had planned. "Hey Hopesong!", the filly shouted out as she quickly scrambled over to meet the pony. With the smile still on his face, the elder pony slowly followed after his daughter, and it didn't take to long before he recognized a member of the crowd. Standing next to the young filly was an older mare he had only seen a few times, but had heard a lifetime's worth of stories about. He had heard that Lieutenant Midnight Brand had left the R.E.A and simply drifted away after an incident with an hydra that had claimed the life of one of her solders. The mare, once known as 'Midnight the Dreaded' had apparently been shaken up about it so much that she retired shortly after the tragedy.

"Good Morning, Lieutenant.", the stallion greeted the mare respectfully with a salute.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Are you excited, Treble?"[/colour] his mother asked as they walked the forest together. Other ponies passed them in wagons, but then again other ponies were probably coming from a town or city to Camp Little Lake.

[colour=#008000]"Oh yes, I'm glad that someponies are out here instead!"[/colour] Silt Treble, a purplish blue unicorn colt with a tangled dark green mane cantered next to his tall mother. [colour=#008000]"The forest is so much better than any city."[/colour]

[colour=#ee82ee]"Try to stay clean, will you?"[/colour] The lavender pegasus asked as she tried to brush some of the dirt from him. But there was so much on the wild child, it wasn't a battle to be easily won.

[colour=#008000]"Mum, stop it! Before the other ponies see!"[/colour] Silt shook his mother's touch off with a small cloud of dust. They came upon the edge of the camp then, and Silt gazed in wonder at the other ponies.[colour=#008000] "...are you sure I can't come with you?"[/colour] the colt asked as he watched the ponies greet each other.

[colour=#ee82ee]"The Badlands are no place for a colt."[/colour] Pyper kissed her son's forehead, just above his horn and encouraged,[colour=#ee82ee] "you'll make lots of friends. Your Great-Grandsire will be excited to hear about the stories you make here. Now go on, I'll be back for you at the end of the week. May the stars guide you, my love."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"And may the wind lift your wings, mum. I love you too."[/colour] Silt nuzzled his mother one last time before [colour=#008000] "Promise you'll tell me about the badlands?"[/colour] Silt asked as he took a step towards the group. Pyper nodded and Silt cantered towards the group happily, excited to meet other ponies. A thought crossed his mind and he turned to ask Pyper, but the lavender pegasus had already disappeared. Silt looked at the group again, steeled his nerves, and opened his mouth to introduce himself to somepony that had tripped over his own hooves. He noticed then the cynogriffin, and jumped in surprise at seeing one for the first time. Silt was quite nervous about it, so he decided to introduce himself to another pony instead, one off to the side of the group with red saddlebags. [colour=#008000]"H-hey there. I'm Silt.."[/colour]

• Like 2

NPC's, staff setting:

Jigsaw.png

At headquarters, the staff sat in chairs in a circle planning this week of camp. Hopefully this year would be the best of the best unlike the previous years. There were so many things that went hectic like bears approaching the campers and schedules gone wrong.

"So we got everything, right?" The camp director tapped his hoof. "Do you guys have any questions?" Some shook their heads, but some raised their hooves. One of them was a dark blue pegasus with blonde hair. It was Jigsaw, a former counselor who has been trying to win the campers' hearts for them to have opportunities for the future. She tried her best to stick out for Camp Little Lake.

"So do you think we are going to have fireworks this year? I'm worried about the fires that might happen...." She worriedly glanced at him. Fireworks was a new thing they planned this year. Jigsaw wasn't sure if anypony had skills of fireworks or firefighting at camp. She waited for the director to respond.

Ugh, Celestia! Help us. Jigsaw prayed.

"It's fine, we have firefighters in the back of the lake. It'll be fine. Anypony else?"

Razor sighed and hopped that this conference would end soon. He had to plan a decent location where he could take the campers that signed up for the activities he was running.

[colour=#FF0000]'I think I saw a good spot in the woods. A game trail that see plenty of animal tracks. The lake and the stream that feeds it will offer a decent spot as well....maybe a bit more up towards the mountains once or twice. Still these are mostly ponies....they're soft.'[/colour] He thought.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this is going to be so much fun."[/colour] Glimmer, his younger sister said as she hopped up and down. Her purple bow bobbing up and down as she hopped.

[colour=#FF0000]"I'm glad you're having fun. Personally I'm taking alot of time out of my work week for this."[/colour] Razor said.

Glimmer stopped hopping and gave her brother an unpleased poutty face,[colour=#EE82EE] "Razor, if you think I'm just going to sit around a hotel or a town during my stay with you while you work most of the time."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I know I know. Please don't give the face."[/colour] Razor said, rubbing the back of his head uneasily as he looked up at the ceiling.

Glimmer gave a smile and rubbed her head against her brother's side, [colour=#EE82EE]"It will be fun. Besides you will get to teach some ponies what a real griffon can do."[/colour]

Razor scratched his beak, [colour=#FF0000]"Hmmm. True. I guess this won't be so bad. I just hope their not a bunch of cry babies, otherwise I might just leave them hanging in a tree."[/colour]

Glimmer giggled, "[colour=#EE82EE]Now you know you wouldn't do that."[/colour]

Razor smiled, [colour=#FF0000]"Well.....maybe not."[/colour]

Glimmer raised an eyebrow at her brother but sighed and shook her head, [colour=#EE82EE]"Honestly you're just like dad at times."[/colour]

Razor rolled his eyes, [colour=#FF0000]"And your alot like mum."[/colour]

Glimmer giggled, [colour=#EE82EE]"Yep. I'm cute and beautiful."[/colour] Glimmer struck a pose.

Razor smirked,[colour=#FF0000] "Yeah. Look, this might take a bit of time so why don't you go see if the kids are here yet. Go and get introduced."[/colour]

Glimmer nodded,[colour=#EE82EE] "Okay." [/colour]And with that she turned and left the building and flew over to where the wagon's were.

----------------------------

Glimmer landed and looked around with an excited smile, seeing all the kids her age and maybe a bit older. One pony had tripped over his own hooves, and *gasp* one was a Cynogriffon. And there was...

Glimmer gasped and flew over and grabbed Wind into a hug, [colour=#EE82EE]"WIND!"[/colour] Glimmer hugged the filly tightly.

((Will make future GLimmer posts alongside Boulders. The two PoV's will be seperated by a --------------- ))

A griffon! Silt stared as flew overhead, seeming to know one of the other ponies. Although she seemed rather friendly, Silt felt like his stomach turned over. The grass beneath his feet grew noticeably, and Silt headed to the feature of the camp, Little Lake, to calm himself before his magic went out of control.

[colour=#008000]"There were those military ponies... Maybe they're here to make sure they don't eat us?" [/colour]Silt asked his reflection as he lay in the grass.

Harrington Sleuth had helped prepare this camp for days along with other staffers in anticipation of the upcoming week of camp, and now opening day had finally arrived. He had taken this week-long job of watching over the colts as well as helping identify tracks of nearby critters for a bit of pay and since he remembered how fun camp was for himself. Well, except for flight camp, but he got over that soon enough and went to a one-week summer camp one year and went back as long as he could. Now, he felt this was his time to give back and help the fillies and colts who were coming this week have the time of their lives. That was supposed to be the point of camp as he saw it; flight camp didn't quite nail that part down for him.

[colour=#222222]He had set his travelling wagon in a secure location away from the general areas the campers would be allowed. He would only go back in case of an emergency or if they ran short on any supplies. He was sure he would have anything necessary, but with how much they had stocked up of everything from boats to food, he didn't foresee any problems with a shortage. There was plenty even if the main supply they were going to use was rendered unusable for any reason. [/colour]

He sat in on the conference with the rest of the staff as they met to finalize a few things before they began working with the campers as they arrived. He thought of what he should ask while he had an opportunity now so he didn't have to take chances later, but at the same time, he probably would not know what to ask the other staff until things started to play out in the week.

[colour=#FF0000]"Animal tracks...sounds interesting. I'll be sure to scout those out ahead of time so I don't lead them to any bears or cougars."[/colour]

He made a mental note of the game trail as he continued pondering what to ask. He finally raised his hoof after a bit.

[colour=#FF0000]"What should I do or say if any of the colts want to pull a prank during the week? Do I need to know what they plan to do or should I stop them beforehoof?"[/colour]

(Sorry that I took so long, guys. I almost posted, but I wasn't sure about the order exactly. I'm still not, really x3)

Taking in her surroundings, Fresco could see that there were a lot of ponies around the camp's entrance already, and even what appeared to be a little griffon! She had never met a cynogriff before. Before too long, she heard what she thought was a shy voice. [colour=#008000]"H-hey there. I'm Silt.."[/colour] She was glad to already be making a friend.[colour=#ff0000] "Silt.." [/colour]she repeated back, tasting the name.[colour=#ff0000] "That's cool sounding. Great to meet you bud!"[/colour] Fresco replied with a warm smile. She held a proud hoof to her chest, her head held high in the air as she introduced herself. [colour=#ff0000]"I'm Fresco, and I'm gonna be a famous actress someday!" [/colour]The young unicorn had her head in the clouds as usual. Fresco's face lit up as the little griffon flew overhead. She watched with fascination, taking note of the way that the creature's feathers moved in the wind. [colour=#ff0000]"Wow! Did you SEE that kid, Silt?! I wonder if he'll be in your cabin. I hope there's a griffon in MY cabin! C'mon, Silt! We should go meet him!"[/colour] The socially fearless little pony trotted the griffon's way, eager to meet more campers.

2unva5w.jpg

Supermodel Bebe LeStrange and actress Miss Understudy quietly sat in a small staff room together listening to others speak. Bebe LeStrange was bored out of her mind, looking over her beautifully manicured hooves in disdain. Missy, however, was absolutely fascinated. She would be able to teach foals the amazing craft of acting! She could inspire them, show them the arts, and open their fresh young eyes! Bebe sighed and turned to Missy, rolling her eyes.

"This is taking forever."

She groaned, absolutely impatient. She wanted to get a good look at all the little campers before she had to teach them later. To Bebe, appearances were everything. To Bebe, acting wasn't art. It wasn't soulful or important, you were just feeding the eyes of people. She wanted to pick out a few ugly kids to pawn off to Missy so that she could teach the cute kids some valuable life lessons.

[colour=#000080]"Really? It is?"[/colour]

Missy asked, smiling back at her new companion. The two mares had been recruited, and met on the train over. Bebe was from Canterlot, Missy was from Manehattan. Bebe was famous and internationally irrististable. Missy could hardly get a job anywhere. Bebe was confident and fierce. Missy had trouble getting past her social anxiety. Bebe was flirty and fun. Missy was serious and always felt nauseous talking to stallions.

Still, the two mares could feel something inside their hearts beginning to warm up. The two were going to be close friends for a very, very long time.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Hey Hopesong! I'm Fleet Paw! [/colour][colour=#FF8C00]How's it goin'?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]One of the group responded to Hopesong quickly. She was surprised to see he was a griffon! Oh wow, griffons were cool. She had met a few at flight camp and of course there were lots around when her mother took her up to Beakbreak City. She didn't know this griffon, but he looked nice. She greeted him with a smile.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"Nice to meet you, Fleet Paw! I'm super excited. i've never been to a camp like this before! I can't wait to make all sorts of new friends," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said brightly, her eagerness incredibly clear.[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Hello, my name is Boulder."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]About then another potential new friend approached. He was an earth pony colt who looked nice enough as he offered a handshake to the Fleet Paw. Hopesong smiled at him too.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"Nice to meet you too, Boulder!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she chimed. She was feeling really happy. She couldn't imagine many things that could make her even more excited.[/colour]

"Hey Hopesong!"

[colour=#000000]Except that. Being recognized and reunited with a friend she already knew was a super exciting thing. She turned around quickly to see who it was, expecting one of her flight camp friends. She smiled gleefully when that turned out to be wrong. Nope. This was Wind Walker, the filly she had met at that wedding her mother had taken her to. They had hit it off there and had fun before and after the ceremony, but they had never been able to meet up again after the event. Hopesong was so excited that now she'd be able to get to know this pony more.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"What? Really your here too Wind? That's so awesome!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she started as she flew toward Wind Walker and greeted her with the cheeriest smile and a quick hug.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"I so wanted to meet up with you again after the wedding but we had to go before that."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"WIND!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]No sooner had Hopesong let go of Wind then she was suddenly being called and embraced by another. Someone was popular it seemed. She smiled at the young griffon who had suddenly tackled her friend and nodded. She seemed nice.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"Ooh, another friend of yours, Wind?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she started with a giggle.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"it's nice to meet you," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said, offering this little griffon a hoof.[/colour] "[colour=#ff6666]I'm Hopesong!"[/colour]

---

"Good Morning, Lieutenant."

[colour=#000000]Midnight was turning then to leave on her way when she heard someone speak to her. She froze at the greeting, suddenly somewhat scared. She turned her head to find an aged stallion at salute. He looked vaguely familiar, but Midnight couldn't say she truly knew him. Not anymore at least. She gave a resigned nod and a sunken smile.[/colour]

[colour=#ccff33]"I believe you have me confused with somepony else, sir," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said quietly but with conviction. [/colour][colour=#ccff33]"I'm no soldier, just a simple mare who's put the past behind her."[/colour]

Hopesong seemed a bit preoccupied by other ponies she already knew. Oh well, there was already a new friend waiting to be made. [colour=#00FF00]"Hello, my name is Boulder." [/colour]A different green pony was offering his hoof to Fleet. He grabbed the hoof and gave a big shake. [colour=#ff8c00]"Hi! I'm Fleet Paw! Nice to meet you!" [/colour]Satisfied, Fleet released the pony's hoof. [colour=#ff8c00]"I've never been to camp before. This is gonna be awesome! You think we're gonna be in the same cabin together?" [/colour]

It seems a few of his fellow campers already knew each other, as was evident by a few other ponies coming over to greet Hopesong. Looking around, he noticed a few other ponies looking at him and remarking on his griffon-ness. Others still were actually starting to converge in his direction, probably never having seen a griffon (or more likely, a cynogriffon) before. Looking at the crowd as a whole again, he noticed that he was the only cynogriffon. Although that was nothing new, it also appeared he was the only non-pony camper. Oh well, it wasn't going to be fun if it wasn't interesting.

Boulder shook the Fleetpaw's claw up and down swiftly, [colour=#00FF00]"Hello Fleetpaw. Wow I've never seen a griffon before. Oh do you fight monsters and slay dragons?"[/colour]

Boulder felt so excited to meet so many new friends, [colour=#00FF00]"Oh this is going to be so exciting. Do you think bears will come to the camp? Oh oh or maybe we will find an old ruin, filled with zombies and monsters!" [/colour]Boulder did a zombie immitation before laughing.

Boulder felt that this week was going to be fun.

Wind Walker returned the filly's hug, "We were going to stick around Ponyville after the wedding, but my big sister ate something that didn't agree with her so we had to return to this little motel we were staying at.", the little blue filly replied with a frown, "Wanted to hang around with 'Uncle' Muggo', but he had things to do. Thank goodness you're here.", she turned her head slightly as she was set upon another hugger, this time it was Glimmer, a young griffon she had spent time with during a stay in the Bridlebank Beach. "Oh hey. Is your brother here with you?", she glanced back over at Hopesong, "You should have seen it! This horrible monster attacked me, Glims and my friend Fast Track. So my sister, her boyfriend.", she said 'boyfriend' almost like it was a dirty word, "And Razor who is Glim's big brother all swooped in and saved all three of us! They then scared the monster away after Razor sharpened his claws on the nasty thing. It was really cool!", she bounced up into the air, nearly taking both the filly and griffon with her. The fuzzy blue girl conveniently forgot to mention that the 'horrible monster', while intimidating was a lost sea creature who nearly beached itself and had no intention on harming any of the ponies or griffons that it stumbled into. Thankfully with the help of the beach patrol, the small group of ponies and griffons were able to drive the large creature further into the ocean where it could do no harm.

Brass Hat nodded his head as the mare spoke, "Please forgive me Miss. Eyes aren't like they used to.", he studied the earth pony for a moment before he turned his attention back to the children. Still, he knew very well that the mare standing near him was in fact the former 'Midnight the Dreaded', but she obviously, or at least it seemed she wanted to leave that past of hers behind and what she did after leaving the R.E.A was none of his business. He just prayed she had someone to be with, or at least kept herself busy when she wasn't tending to her kid. His smile returned as he watched his youngest interact with the other children. She was the last and the youngest of the litter. Two of his kids were married, and one already made him a grandfather. It wouldn't be to long before Wind was accepted into military school and the final chapter was closed on this particular section of his life. The elder pony waited patiently for the camp counselors to show up and escort the kids off and let off a weary sigh.

Having such an enthusiastic young filly such as Fresco greet him so warmly, Silt felt his shyness ease away a little. [colour=#008000]"An actress, huh? You sure have the energy for it."[/colour] A griffon flew overhead and Silt almost jumped out of his skin in fright.

[colour=#FF0000]"Wow! Did you SEE that kid, Silt?! I wonder if he'll be in your cabin. I hope there's a griffon in MY cabin! C'mon, Silt! We should go meet him!" [/colour]Fresco said excitedly and trotted over to to other ponies and griffon.

[colour=#008000]"I really hope he isn't in my cabin..."[/colour] Silt mumbled to himself and reluctantly trotted after Fresco. Normally his fear of predators would've made Silt avoid the winged creatures, but he couldn't help but let his curiosity get the best of him. Maybe having a friendly filly around would help him overcome his shyness, too.

((I'm so sorry, scamps!! I meant to post yesterday, and I ALMOST got to, but I when I clicked my computer was all like, "Site's down, your post is gone!! Bwahahaha!!" and I was all like, "Noooooooooooooo!!!!" But anyway, here's my long awaited post ^^))

[colour=#ff0000]"Thanks!! You really think so?!"[/colour] If not anything else, Fresco could certainly be loud enough to be one. She trotted on over to the cynogriff, an excitable grin spread across her muzzle. The creature already seemed to have quite a few other ponies around him, but the curious little unicorn didn't mind one bit. Besides, that just meant that she got to meet even MORE new ponies, and in her mind, the more friends the better!! She bravely approached the feathered child alongside her new friend. [colour=#ff0000]"Hey everypony! My name's Fresco, and this is Silt!"[/colour] She eyed Fleet for a second, then smiled up at him warmly [colour=#ff0000]"I've never met a real life griffon before!! Aren't griffons usually bigger? Are you like, a midget griffon? You could probly get around REALLY fast with those wings.." [/colour]Only having met ponies before, Fresco had never met another being with wings like Fleet Paw's before, and found them fascinating. [colour=#ff0000]"If I had wings like that, I would travel all OVER Equestria!!"[/colour] She had stars in her eyes, imagining the possibilities. [colour=#ff0000]"Have you been to many places? Oh!"[/colour] Fresco had asked plenty of questions for him already, but had neglected to ask the obvious. [colour=#ff0000] "...What's your name, bud?"[/colour] Fresco tilted her head to the side a bit, awaiting his response.

cmark_frost137.png

Spin Art dashed into the scene of the staff in the circle. The door flew open and made a loud BANG on the wall. Breaking most of the quietness, she yelled.

"Sorry I'm late!" Spin got down into a chair. "I totally forgot that I was the art counselor here so I flew down here as fast as I could!" She said to the director. The director was a little disappointed, but he had quickly forgiven her.

"It's fine, um Spin Art?"

"Yeah."

"We're just about to end this meeting. We're just saying that fireworks were allowed and oh yes, the pranking?" He turned to the pony/griffon who asked. "You immediately stop them. You don't have to discipline them. You calmly tell them that that is not allowed. If they don't listen then you discipline them. If it does keep happening. Then you take them to me. Hopefully that doesn't happen because I hate that part of the job." He sighed. "Do you have any questions, Spin Art?"

"Oh no sir!" Spin lightly chuckled. "I got this ALLLLL down!"

This was a bad start, but this was going to be a great week! Spin Art was going to give it her all.

Jigsaw.png

That idiot.

How can she totally forget that she had to come to volunteer? Jigsaw shook her head and lightly facehoofed. Out of the corner of her hoof, she stared at the new blue/gray pegasus. She looked like she was clumsy and a ditz. Hopefully she didn't destroy the camp itself or set it on fire.

Jigsaw thought this was going down hill.

((Didnt post glimmer after Fresco which I should ahve done so will do it with Razor one more time. If that is alright))

Razor yawned and leaned against the wall as he dozed off. He didn't need to be told any of this. It was all basic logic, if the kids acted up or did something dumb ya told them to stop and if needed discipline them.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey. Wake me when this is all over."[/colour] Razor told one of the councilors, a mare that he thought was the drama teacher or something.

With that Razor just closed his eyes, and thought out his strategy to turn these ponies and kids into survival experts.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Glimmer giggled and nodded, [colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah Razor is here. He is gonna teach survival. Oh it will be so much fun."[/colour]

Glimmer giggled as she went up and down with Wind as she hopped, [colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah Razor beat that yucky squid thing. I was worried a bit when it got him in its tentacle thingy."[/colour]

Glimmer let go of Wind and gave a smile to the other ponies, "[colour=#EE82EE]Hello everypony." [/colour]She spotted a shy looking pony, Slit, and move over and shook his hoof, "[colour=#EE82EE]Hi. My name is Glimmer what is yours?"[/colour]

"We were going to stick around Ponyville after the wedding, but my big sister ate something that didn't agree with her so we had to return to this little motel we were staying at. Wanted to hang around with 'Uncle' Muggo', but he had things to do. Thank goodness you're here."

[colour=#000000]Hopesong nodded.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"It's okay. Me and mum didn't actually stay much longer after the wedding either. She was in a hurry to get back,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with a small laugh. [/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"But still, it's super awesome we get to meet up again! This is gonna be so much fun!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she added with clear enthusiasm, flapping her wings rapidly in delight. Her eyes then went to Glimmer as he and Wind talked about their own shared past.[/colour]

"You should have seen it! This horrible monster attacked me, Glims and my friend Fast Track. So my sister, her boyfriend. And Razor who is Glim's big brother all swooped in and saved all three of us! They then scared the monster away after Razor sharpened his claws on the nasty thing. It was really cool!"

[colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah Razor beat that yucky squid thing. I was worried a bit when it got him in its tentacle thingy."[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"Oh wow! That sounds amazing!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she declared with a beaming smile. She then gave an awkward smile and a bit of a blush and her tone softened[/colour], [colour=#ff6666]"I mean, it was probably super scary when you were there of course..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"But fighting big scary monsters? That's really cool!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, her earlier enthusiasm returning.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"I think it's what my mum's squad used to do... fighting off wild beasts. i just know she's totally amazing at it too," [/colour][colour=#000000]she added proudly with repeated nods.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"I don't think I could do that kinda thing though. I mean, not that I get scared easily... but I just don't think I would be much good fighting something so big and tough."[/colour]

"Please forgive me Miss. Eyes aren't like they used to."

[colour=#000000]Midnight gave a respectful nod back to the Major. She could tell he was not fooled. Not that she had been trying to fool. Had she been, her choice of words would be ill selected. She was not denying she was who she was, she was just rejecting the title she once bore. It was the past to her now. She no longer had need of it. There was no harm in this stallion knowing who she was. He couldn't do anything about it. What mattered was Hopesong and her future and happiness. That in mind, Midnight turned once more, ready to depart.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"While I'm thinking about it, where are the areas where I can take the campers? What marks the boundaries of our expeditions in tracking animals?"[/colour] The question crossed his mind, and he was glad it did so he didn't lead them off of the campgrounds and into a bear's cave. Celestia knew that would end with casualties and many angry parents wondering why they thought it was okay to let their fillies and colts go off with someone who led them into danger.

[colour=#ff0000]"My earlier question remains as well. Also, what will we have to go tracking? Or will I need to put that together today?"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Wow I've never seen a griffon before. Oh do you fight monsters and slay dragons?"[/colour] Fleet had never actually seen a dragon, let alone kill one. But he did remember something related, [colour=#ff8c00]"Oh! That reminds me! I know some totally cool stories my dad told me about dragon-slayers and stuff. They would totally make for some cool campfire stories." [/colour]Boulder also mentioned finding some ancient ruins. Fleet suddenly got really excited, since he WAS an explorer after all. It would be silly for him NOT to get excited over the idea of finding new places, especially ancient ruins. He was about to start discussing the finer points of archeology with Boulder before another voice caught his attention.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hey everypony! My name's Fresco, and this is Silt!" [/colour]A new pony makes her presence known! And she was addressing him. And she was asking, like, a million questions at him. [colour=#ff0000]"...What's your name, bud?"[/colour] With only a moment's thought, Fleet launched into his response to those questions, [colour=#ff8c00]"Yep, just still growing. Cynos are usually smaller than normal griffons, so I guess yeah. I can't fly but I can run really fast. I've only ever traveled around Aquellia, and with my parents, but yeah. And my name?" [/colour]He stuck out a claw for her to shake. [colour=#ff8c00]"Is Fleet Paw. Nice to meet you Fresco." [/colour]He glanced over her shoulder at the other, more reserved pony she had referred to earlier, [colour=#ff8c00]"And you too Silt! Come over here, I wanna meet you too!"[/colour] Not even ten minutes here, and he already met not just one but three ponies, and they were already turning out to be really cool! Granted, he technically hadn't talked to the third pony yet, but still, he seemed cool.

This was going to be the best summer ever!

Silt was a bit taken aback when a griffon, and a cynogriffon as well, said hello! The colt could feel his body freeze as his mind was conflicted on how it should respond. A bad memory from long ago still lingered in his mind, but Glimmer and Fleet Paw didn't seem to fit his original impression of them in that they didn't seem to want to eat him, but be friends. Silt gave them both a nervous smile and willed himself to say something so as not to be rude. Before any words could come out Glimmer took his hoof and shook it, surprising the colt so much that a burst of magic turned his mane into a bouquet of wildflowers.