What anime are you currently watching?

carameldelight

I'm about to start up Mobile Suit: Gundam SEED, and it's almost that time of year where I re-watch Rurouni Kenshin in its entirety.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard SEED had the weakest of the storylines, but I would give it a shot anyway. :D

The weakest storyline, the most appealing Gundams. I consider it a tradeoff.

There was an anime I liked during the end years of Toonami with this talking hammer that transformed. Does anyone know the name of that?

Try this List of programs broadcast by Toonami.

Reminds me. I stopped watching the Anime just after the time skip. Time to pick it up again. :I

Also, I finished watching Another, which was awesome, but not all that work safe, and Puella Magi Madako Magica, which was mind-blowingly awesome, and not work safe either. ;D

I think this is all I've seen of that Anime:

• 1 month later...

Just got into Gundam, really liking MS Team 08. It is a good series.

That is the gold standard of all Gundam series IMHO. I've seen all of them up to SEED, and that is by far the best. SEED is the series that made me stop... I just couldn't... the storyline... just no... But! I do love the Gundam models from the series. :)

I'm currently watching Hyouka and Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on the Slope).

Both are great series. I'm enjoying the latter more currently, but then again... It is a generic storyline (love triangle) but with a KILLER OST. Seriously, the OST MAKES THE SERIES. Its on the level of Cowboy Bebop OST (unsurprisingly it is done by the same person). (I'm also biased to Jazz)

(And yes, as a lover of music, OST greatly influences my enjoyment of the series. If the BGM can influence my emotions in anyway, I'll enjoy it that much more, and shows like Cowboy Bebop and Sakamichi no Apollon do that)

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. for about the billionth time, and it's about that time of year when I rewatch Rurouni Kenshin in its entirety.

Are you talking about Yoko Kanno? She's a musical genius.

I am indeed! In fact, a lot of the Kids on the Slope production team is legendary. Aside from Yoko Kanno you have... Wanatabe Shinichiro directing (same director that did Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo), and Maruyama Masao (Monster, Perfect Blue) and Yamamoto Koji (Paradise Kiss, Shion no Ou) co-producing.

Looking at the production team, I really shouldn't be surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Its 6 episodes in, and I'm enjoying it more and more every time I watch it.

Which one, the original or Brotherhood? The first one was good, but Brotherhood blew me away.

Brotherhood story was STUPENDOUS (but then again, that was due to the strength of the manga), but the pacing was horrendous. The pacing, timing, animation and overall presentation of the original FMA was much better than Brotherhood. Brotherhood relied on the strength of story. And lets face it, a well written story is always going to be captivating.

Don't get me wrong, they are both good, but from an animation and direction standpoint the original was better. From a story stand point the original story, as completed by the mangaka was better, which of course goes to Brotherhood.

You're making me want to watch FMA:BH again. Who's your favorite Homunculus? Mine would have to be Pride. No question.

We should totally watch anime together, Davvy!

I'm rounding the final one-hundred twenty-five episodes of One Piece (to catch up, the series itself is like 550 episodes), and you want to talk about pacing? Hahahahaha! :mad:

I think I'll try Fate/stay night and Fate/Zero if it's any good after that...maybe catch up with Bleach. I'm also behind on Naruto Shippuden by a bit. I tend to skip filler, openings, and recaps (especially once I've seen it once, unless it's like an amazing opening), which narrows down a typical anime episode to like 15 mins.

So much anime...

Brotherhood story was STUPENDOUS (but then again, that was due to the strength of the manga), but the pacing was horrendous. The pacing, timing, animation and overall presentation of the original FMA was much better than Brotherhood. Brotherhood relied on the strength of story. And lets face it, a well written story is always going to be captivating.

Don't get me wrong, they are both good, but from an animation and direction standpoint the original was better. From a story stand point the original story, as completed by the mangaka was better, which of course goes to Brotherhood.

Agreed here. The pacing was really off with Brotherhood for me. I eventually just lost interest in it entirely, something that never happened with the first series which was thoroughly compelling all the way through.

I didn't see any problems with the original's story either. Eh, maybe Brotherhood is better, but actually watching the first few story arcs I just kinda lost interest in really finding out. :/

Do we have means to do that? I don't think we do. :c

I thought the pacing was fine, or at least I didn't notice it. I'm really picky when it comes to manga adaptations, though. Do it right or don't do it, but don't change stuff in the middle just because the manga doesn't progress fast enough.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

SynchTube I suppose? Ooh we can have a LPW/Canterlot anime club!

Also I think Naruto is REALLY guilty of the whole manga adaption/anime/filler thing.

Have I recommended Spice and Wolf yet? I really enjoyed it, but it's certainly not for everypony.

Archived