What anime are you currently watching?

carameldelight

SynchTube I suppose? Ooh we can have a LPW/Canterlot anime club!

Also I think Naruto is REALLY guilty of the whole manga adaption/anime/filler thing.

That would be so cool. :o

Let's not just say that and actually do it. I usually watch anime alone. :I

Well, at least Naruto made side stories instead of inventing a new ending, like FMA did, and Soul Eater. But really, I prefer Animes with a set ending nowadays. Like, a 12 episode run, something like that. I kinda dread that I'm that deep into One Piece already. I can't possibly stop now. XD

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow Phil. I highly recommend you give the last half of FMA:BH a shot -- that's when all the really fun stuff crawls out into the open.

Like best Homunculus.

pride_fullmetal_alchemist_brotherhood_by_nagato107-d4h315j.png

I'd consider it at some point, but it's not very high on my list at the moment. Besides the first impressions not being very good, I've just really slacked on anime the past few seasons and have a lot of stuff I need to catch up on. As much as I appreciated and enjoyed the original anime I was never all that obsessed with Fullmetal Alchemist as some people were. I'm not actually sure it's something I would have watched had they not put it on television.

Oh, and you totally should get into Fate if you're considering it. It's amazing. Or well, Stay/Night's alright. It's not the masterpiece that the visual novel it's based on, but it's not bad, I suppose. Zero is pretty perfect though.

Do we have means to do that? I don't think we do. :c

I thought the pacing was fine, or at least I didn't notice it. I'm really picky when it comes to manga adaptations, though. Do it right or don't do it, but don't change stuff in the middle just because the manga doesn't progress fast enough.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

You know... The original FMA was done with the direct input of the mangaka, Arakawa. She wrote off on EVERYTHING that happened in the abbreviated schedule of the original FMA despite not being finished, this included the ending of the SERIES (read: not the movie). The reason why the original FMA was so good is because Arakawa had input.

"When the studio Bones adapted it into an anime series, Arakawa aided them in developing it.[9] However, she later let them work alone in the making of the script so that both manga and anime would have different endings, and to develop the manga further." Thank you Wikipedia.

The Soul Eater anime had a strong opening and a very weak ending. It's a shame because I love the style, characters, and universe.

Also thanks Phil, I'll give Fate a shot. Do I need to watch /stay night first or can I/should I dive right into Zero?

Also thanks Phil, I'll give Fate a shot. Do I need to watch /stay night first or can I/should I dive right into Zero?

Well, Zero is a prequel, so it actually comes first in the timeline. Stay/Night was however made first and presented first. If you watch Zero first it might spoil for you some stuff treated as revelations in Stay/Night, but at the same time it might make other things more immediate easier to understand.

Since it is a prequel, I don't think you really need to go into Zero having watched Stay/Night. I think it gives enough exposition for new fans to jump onboard (though being a long time fan, I might not be the best judge).

Whatever way you decided to do it, hope you enjoy. :)

Edit: And I agree about Soul Eater. First 3/4 were pretty awesome, but then it just lost so much steam and I never did finish it... :sleep:

It's good you didn't, the ending was weak and a deus ex machina if I ever saw one.

Have you seen any of Yo****oshi ABe's stuff? Serial Experiments Lain is probably the best-known work of his, but I loved Haibane Renmei and Niea_7 as well.

It's good you didn't, the ending was weak and a deus ex machina if I ever saw one.

Have you seen any of Yo****oshi ABe's stuff? Serial Experiments Lain is probably the best-known work of his, but I loved Haibane Renmei and Niea_7 as well.

Well that's probably one case where it was a good thing I got too lazy to complete something... :P

I haven't seen any of those... Looking him up, I've seen Texhnolyze which he did designs for though. I remember that being a really weird show. ;-)

The continuation of the manga storyline was much better for Soul Eater. So much more madness. Also, Medusa's plan makes much more sense. ^^

I kinda hope that, down the line, they remake the anime to follow the manga more closely (Aside from the ending, they did a pretty good job up to them), because the action scenes worked really well in animated form, and I'd have loved to see more of that. ^^

I just obtained all of Avatar: the Last Airbender (that counts as anime, right?) since the hype around Korra is intriguing, but I don't want to dive into that without giving the first series a shot.

Swirly - I bet you're a Perfect Blue fan! If psycho-thrillers are your thing and you haven't seen Serial Experiments Lain, I highly recommend it -- it'll definitely make you think.

I'm glad to see somepony else has seen Spice and Wolf! I'm hoping for a Season 3, but who knows if we'll ever see it. Holo is best wolf goddess.

I just obtained all of Avatar: the Last Airbender (that counts as anime, right?) since the hype around Korra is intriguing, but I don't want to dive into that without giving the first series a shot.

Swirly - I bet you're a Perfect Blue fan! If psycho-thrillers are your thing and you haven't seen Serial Experiments Lain, I highly recommend it -- it'll definitely make you think.

I'm glad to see somepony else has seen Spice and Wolf! I'm hoping for a Season 3, but who knows if we'll ever see it. Holo is best wolf goddess.

Satoshi Kon is one of those few people whom if I see that name attached, I know I'll enjoy the film or series. So... to answer your question... Yes... Yes, I am a fan of Perfect Blue. I'll certainly check out the series.

I also have seen Spice and Wolf, I liked the first series better than the second season.

I am not currently watching Spice and Wolf, but I bookmarked season 2 awhile ago. Finished season 1, but at that time there were only subs on the site I usually watch on. It is a good Anime.

It's one of the few that I think the dub is better than the sub. The English VAs for Holo and Kraft are perfect!

I picked up Fairy Tail today, anypony heard of that one?

I love Fairy Tail. It's probably my favorite of all the long-running shounen anime/manga I've tried. It just has the best characters of any of them in my opinion. :)

So erm, any recommendations for anime? I picked up Fairy Tail today, anypony heard of that one?

I'm finishing off the last 80 or so episodes of One Piece to get "caught up" and my backlog of other stuff is growing!

I just started on Tsuritama... which is from the same guy who did one of my favorite series Mononoke. So far I'm enjoying it. Oh yeah, and if you've never seen Mononoke... see it! It's good. Just.... ignore the odd art style please?

And I still recommend Kids on the Slope! It just keeps getting better!

I love Fairy Tail. It's probably my favorite of all the long-running shounen anime/manga I've tried. It just has the best characters of any of them in my opinion. :)

Phil's stamp of approval! You have good taste, so I'm sure I will enjoy it!

Yes I'll have to watch Kids on the Slope, too! *adds it to her list*

Archived