What anime are you currently watching?

carameldelight

Konjiki no Gash Bell!

(do not... DO NOT!!! confuse it with the american "Zatch Bell" (though I do like the name better) the original Japanese is MUCH better (and much darker))

One of my favorites because of the raw emotion in it, I find myself crying every few episodes and at other times almsot trembling with anger - the raw emotion is amazing (at least so far, I'm rewatching up to ~75 not seen the second half at all yet) Highly recommended.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Cardcaptor Sakura was pretty dark too, ne?

Never got into Cardcaptor, when it showed up I saw it as a Pokémon ripoff (and to some minor extent it was, but then so is 90% of the Shonen-monster genre) was there a real plot to it or was it just "lets make an anime to sell trading cards! every episode will have 17.5 minutes of showing them playing the card game and 4.5 minutes of actual story!"

Never got into Cardcaptor, when it showed up I saw it as a Pokémon ripoff (and to some minor extent it was, but then so is 90% of the Shonen-monster genre) was there a real plot to it or was it just "lets make an anime to sell trading cards! every episode will have 17.5 minutes of showing them playing the card game and 4.5 minutes of actual story!"

Oh no, they didnt play card games with clow cards it was more like Sailor Moon mixed with Rave Master in the sense that it was very magical girl in flavor, but she had to go on crazy adventures and crap to find the cards and gain more powers.

Okay. Just finished watching Ano Hana for the second time. I actually cried more than I did the first time. D: Good lord, such a good anime but I can't get through it with a dry eye. I think I'll try for something happy this next bout. Maybe Nichijou. I've seen clips from it recently, and it looks hilarious.

I really liked Fruits Basket. I really need to give that another watch soon...but there's so much to catch up on! :-o

You DO?! How would you feel about listening to a FANTASTIC fan made radio drama adaptation?

http://furubadrama.weebly.com

Seriously, fantastic.

I believe I was born in the year of the horse. :kissy:

It all makes sense now! :-o

I'm going through Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.Suggested by my friend.It's actully it's funny but very sexual.

I think it's crazy and fun to watch, in the realm of too fun to watch -- it gives me a headache! :lol:

I think I posted this earlier in this thread, Colt, but here it is again:

Phil: Have you seen Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works? I noticed it's another thing...available, like a spinoff.

I've never seen much in the way of animes D: Infact the only two that spring to mind is Helsing and Excel Saga! Which I am totally going to watch as again as soon as possible. I've deffinetlt seen clips from tonnes of anime's though because of my brother. Just cant pin names to them!

Actually looking through some of the recent posts I recognize Fate/stay night...Lancer and Gilgamesh etc, right?

I've never seen much in the way of animes D: Infact the only two that spring to mind is Helsing and Excel Saga! Which I am totally going to watch as again as soon as possible. I've deffinetlt seen clips from tonnes of anime's though because of my brother. Just cant pin names to them!

Actually looking through some of the recent posts I recognize Fate/stay night...Lancer and Gilgamesh etc, right?

I liked Hellsing and Excel Saga! I recommend a few of my own "classics" -- Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Berserk, Chobits, Haibane Renmei...

*six hours later*

Oh right, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!

I liked Hellsing and Excel Saga! I recommend a few of my own "classics" -- Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Berserk, Chobits, Haibane Renmei...

*six hours later*

Oh right, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!

I recognize Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. I can remember my brother telling me he got completely lost Evangelion ha. Chobits also rings a bell though I didn't really enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist to be honest, well from what I've seen :D

I recognize Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. I can remember my brother telling me he got completely lost Evangelion ha. Chobits also rings a bell though I didn't really enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist to be honest, well from what I've seen :D

Brotherhood follows the story of the manga (as opposed to the earlier one that was loosely based on it). It's easily one of the best anime series I've seen this decade.

Brotherhood follows the story of the manga (as opposed to the earlier one that was loosely based on it). It's easily one of the best anime series I've seen this decade.

I'll have to watch it some time then!

Full Metal Alchemist, both the original and BrotherHood are great. Darker than Black is good. Angel Beats is a good one if you like sad animes. Pumpkin scissors is good especially towards the end. Hetali is really funny, even more so if you watch it with a friend. Black Butler is good. But my all time favorite is Soul Eater ^w^

Soul_Eater_Logo_by_Ztitus.png]

Edit: No! the forum changed it and now it takes up so much space Dx sorry ;_;

I doubt many people here have watched Blood+...Meh. I know and have seen about 80% of all anime that was discussed here.

Soul Eater was amazing, but once it branched off from the manga, I watched more reluctantly. I really didn't like the ending. I've been reading the manga and am now waiting for CH. 100 to come out. The manga is amazing. XD I like how the characters look in the manga at the current moment better than the anime.

Archived