What anime are you currently watching?

carameldelight

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost certain none of you have heard of this, but I am about to rewatch Bridy the Mighty: Decode.

I've heard of it. Never really watched it, but I've at least considered it before.

I have been watching the 08th MS Team miniseries as my first foray into Gundam. I have to say, I have never read the Manga, but the show is very good. Gundam has many offshoot series, but the original 3 series are:

-Mobile Suit: Gundam

-Zeta Gundam

-08th MS Team (I reccommend watching this minseries first!)

There are a number of alternate universe offshoots including:

-Gundam: Wing

-Mobile Fighter: G Gundam

-Gundam: 00

-Gundam: SEED

(And Many others)

I've seen some of Gundam: Wing but I never really got into it. I did watch RahXephon though and found it mind-bendingly good. I know some people herald it as a Neon Genesis Evangelion ripoff, but I have to disagree. If anything, I think it has a deeper story than NGE.

I have been watching the 08th MS Team miniseries as my first foray into Gundam. I have to say, I have never read the Manga, but the show is very good. Gundam has many offshoot series, but the original 3 series are:

-Mobile Suit: Gundam

-Zeta Gundam

-08th MS Team (I reccommend watching this minseries first!)

There are a number of alternate universe offshoots including:

-Gundam: Wing

-Mobile Fighter: G Gundam

-Gundam: 00

-Gundam: SEED

(And Many others)

101286+-+animated+grin+pinkie_pie+smile+squee.gif

You have the taste of a god.

Allow me to expand your list.

As he gave you the list of some or the original series's but I prefer to call them the UC era which is the main continuity in the Gundam canon.

It includes:

Mobile Suit: Gundam

Mobile Suit: Gundam 0080

Mobile Suit: Gundam 0083

Both Zeta Gundam series

Char's Counter Attack

Mobile Suit: Gundam 8th MS Team (one of my favorite)

Gundam Unicorn

Turn A Gundam (maybe, its heavily implied that humanity hit a dark age because of a catastrophe because they dig up a number UC era mecha and the Turn A and Turn X are way beyond any other UC machine).

Full List

I'm waiting for the remake of the original Mobile Suit: Gundam for the 30th anniversary.

when does this come out?

I've seen some of Gundam: Wing but I never really got into it. I did watch RahXephon though and found it mind-bendingly good. I know some people herald it as a Neon Genesis Evangelion ripoff, but I have to disagree. If anything, I think it has a deeper story than NGE.

Agreed, NGE was just a bunch of random mean nothing symbology which the writer indeed admitted; however, the rebuilds of evangelion cut most of the pish posh out and it actually makes the story much clearer. RahXephon is one of the greatest mecha anime ive ever seen, first time i saw I was too young. You better believe that when i remembered it it went back to it.

Anyone who likes RahXephon I point you to Noein: Your Other Self as well.

Now for more of what i recommend.

Gad Guard

Duel parallel trouble adventure

Paranoia agent

Durarara!

Magical Shopping arcade Abenobashi

Casshern robot hunter and Casshern Sins

Betterman

R.O.D. the Tv

Darker Than Black

I recently picked Queens Blade back up... oh the copious amounts of fan service is on hilarious levels.

Wouldn't call it perfect, but I like Queen's Blade. The characters and plot are a lot better than a lot of fanservice focused anime out there. :)

The fanservice itself isn't all that bad either... :shifty:

Rewatched Gao Gai Gar...again. This show never fails to amaze me.

Also all Gundam Unicorn episode's which were realesed up to that point.

I also must stop postponing Yu Yu Hakusho. Never really had ocasion to enjoy this series so it's finaly the time to do it. Yet I wonder will it be good?

Archived